Richo bags Stafford's trial by media | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo bags Stafford's trial by media

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
12:52:29 PM Wed 30 April, 2003
afl.com.au

Injured Richmond forward Matthew Richardson has come to the defence of reported team mate Greg Stafford, claiming his treatment in the media was unwarranted.

Stafford was cited on video for striking Hawthorn’s Peter Everitt during Richmond’s comeback win on Saturday. Everitt suffered a fractured cheekbone when the pair contested a ball-up during the second quarter.

Richardson told afl.com.au he was confident about Stafford’s prospects at the tribunal.

“He seems to be tried and convicted before he’s gone up. I don’t think that’s the right way to go about things,” Richardson said. “I’m pretty sure the right result will happen at the tribunal.”

“I think he’s being treated a little bit harshly. I do. I think it’s a little bit stiff.”

Richardson’s comments follow on from those assistant coach Greg Hutchison, who told reporters on Monday before the charge had been laid that the clash was nothing more than a genuine ruck contest that happens ’30-35 times a game’.

“Greg Stafford was just merely trying to contest the ball when it was in the air and he’s got eyes on the ball. That’s what ruckman do, they run and jump into each other,” Hutchison said.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
It maybe the voice of reason but I can see Andy D at ALF HQ all flustered at his PC......

Dear Richo,

Er.... please explain..... :-\

Yours in confusion
Andy D.
The next CEO of the AFL er... if ya ask me ;)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Koalalill said:
It maybe the voice of reason but I can see Andy D at ALF HQ all flustered at his PC......

Dear Richo,

Er.... please explain..... :-\

Yours in confusion
Andy D.

Surely not. He was criticizing the media not the AFL or tribunal.