Richo, Tigers in need of a change (The Age) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo, Tigers in need of a change (The Age)

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
rosy3 said:
Julz would you agree Richo had an ordinary first quarter and only improved when moved up the ground in the 2nd quarter?
I think Mike Sheehans theory was strogly supported by Richo's game tonight.
As much as I hate to admit, yes. I thought Richo only missed one shot though. I thought the pass to Rogers was more unselfish play as Rogers seemed to be in a better position to goal. Took the commentators by surprise when Richo appeared in the backline at one stage.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Robert Walls is 100% correct. And if you think in your heart it is the wrong thing to do, you should have a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. Because you are a Loser!
He is an utter joke of a footballer. We will always be a bottom four dud side if he is our spearhead.
If you dont renew your membership because he gets traded, good riddans. You say you only go to the football because Richo excites you. If thats the case, take up bungy jumping.
The guy is a lost cause and should be dumped without question.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
If we get fooled into keeping Richo because he will dominate a few of the remaining games this season, be prepared for some more Russian roulette over the next 3 or 4 years.

We will only win as many games as when he is on fire. Which will roughly be for a third of the games.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
i think robert walls is an absolute *smile* head. but he is right about thisone. Richo needs to go. as long as he is there the club will not go out and draft any tall forwards. Kids who are versatile enough to play at both ends of the ground. Take a look at the talls on the list and most of them can only play in one part of the ground. With the exception of Ray Hall, Ottens and perhaps Stafford, if Richo does go we need to draft talls to replace him as we don't have much depth in this area.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
Robert Walls is 100% correct. And if you think in your heart it is the wrong thing to do, you should have a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. Because you are a Loser!
He is an utter joke of a footballer. We will always be a bottom four dud side if he is our spearhead.
If you dont renew your membership because he gets traded, good riddans. You say you only go to the football because Richo excites you. If thats the case, take up bungy jumping.
The guy is a lost cause and should be dumped without question.
if you even watched the match last night you would have come to the conclusion richo played better up the ground food for thought perhaps.he has hit faults in front of goal however presenting himself up the field like last night certainly helped the side get back into the game.
he may have his faults but at least he plays for the jumper.
who,s the loser?i bet you cheered at each crow goal

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
JohnF said:
Come on guys, can't we all just agree that Robert Walls is a d***head?

A few years from now we'll be saying the same thing about Danny Frawely.

Now lets see - do we want one or two high draft picks from which we can draft a possible 10 - 15 year champion OR do we want to retain a player for another 2 to 3 years, a player who kicks 1-2 goals a week, misses easy set shots, demands the ball all the time, abuses his teamates and cries like he's lost his dummy? I don't know - a tough question.

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
It really depresses me to hear so many of you calling for Matthew Richardson's departure. Especially on the grounds that we are two focused on him up forward or that we just need a change. I agree with the idea of finding new ways to goal ...... the reason they bomb the ball in two him ( maybe spray is a better word ) is because he is so bloody good...... dont blame him for that, at any decent club he would be kicking a ton each season....plus his hundred behinds.
I think he should be played on the wing or at centre half forward....I lean towards the wing ....lets give it a go what have we got to loose....
Benny Gale and Brian Taylor said they could not beleive that people were even talking about it....neither can I, but If you want to take Robert Walls advice, we are all for the "dust bin of history" and thats what worries me.
The club is in trouble , but Richo didnt cause that and getting rid of him will only add to the loss of belief and soul that we are all feeling.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
For 10 years now, 1993 for all you Richo is a champion nuffas, he has been showing potential. He will never reach his potential at Tigerland. Time to cut him lose before he is worthless.
And what would Benny Gale know. He is Richo's mate and another 10 year tiger loser. Peas in a pod.
Stkilda had the balls to get rid of Lockett, who was a 10 times better player than Richo. Time we had the balls to do the same.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Richo was really good on Saturday night. He was the one player the crowd was at all game right from the very first bounce, but also seemed liek the one thewy wanted to see the most action from. He played well i respect him adn jsut wish hed be up the ground a lot more rather than being stuck in that goalsquare. IF hes up the ground there wil lbe no reason to trade him. Great palyer and too harshly judged by his own.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
i keep saying we need to go backwards to go backwards to go forwards and that means get rid of Richo... The Bulldogs need about ten key position players, so lets trade him for the number one pick. But the most important thing we need to do is get some recruiting people who know a good footballer when they see one, Because Beck and co wouldn't know a good footballer if they fell over one. I've bloody well had enough of idiots running our football club. I've been waiting for fifteen years for some improvement in this area and i'm almost ready to call it a day.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I wouldn't just accept a #1 pick for Richo. We would need a bit more than that otherwise we are cheating ourselves. IF the right deal came up you would have to think but not just a #1 pick.

Maltese_Tiger

Glory Days Again
Feb 11, 2003
Australia
Too many Jurnos in the papers these days with very little insight. Robert Walls also stated last year that Collingwood is going nowhere and that they should take a leaf out of Carlton as to how to run a successful Club. Which team would you like to be supporting now?

Leave Richo alone, yes he has his problems but at least he entertains us.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We'd be very lucky if we could get draft #1 for cry baby richo - very lucky indeed.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
(Leave Richo alone, yes he has his problems but at least he entertains us. )

He entertains us alright. Its is called slapstick comedy.

6 goals in 4 quarters and he is our spearhead. Pitiful, absolutely pitiful.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
No.1 draft pick for Richo, or anyone for that matter, with our track record what good would that do us......(he he0

We would probably use it to take another LOUNDER......

Richo for JUDD and a draft pick and I would be thinking seriously about it.

By the way a mate of mine who is a wobbles supporter reckons JUDD is Collingwood bound. God don't let it be true.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
gustiger12 said:
No.1 draft pick for Richo, or anyone for that matter, with our track record what good would that do us......(he he0

We would probably use it to take another LOUNDER......

Richo for JUDD and a draft pick and I would be thinking seriously about it.

By the way a mate of mine who is a wobbles supporter reckons JUDD is Collingwood bound. God don't let it be true.

We'd be lucky to get Judd for richo, bowden and a draft pick.