Rnd 12 Other Games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rnd 12 Other Games.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Great little player Higgins. Didn't have his kicking boots on but would have won the game for them if he did. 23 disposals. Last time Rioli and Castagna played they had 18 between them. Shots on goal 7. Rioli and Castagna in their last 6 games have had a total of 8 scoring shots.

We really needed Saints to win. Swans, if we win tonight, will be 2 games and percentage ahead and they have a relatively easy draw home (Hawks, Power, Eagles, Bulldogs, Giants, Dockers. Bombers, Saints, North, Suns
Swans we will only be 1 game ahead of us if we win tonight.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Actually felt bad for Higlett but tipped the Swans in Last Man Standing so it worked out. We'll finish above Sydney on the ladder anyway.

Unlikely unless we win all our remaining games and Swans lose 3 of their last 10, or we win all but 1 and Swans lose 4.

Edit, as pointed out they will only be 1 game above us. Still a tough ask from here.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Great little player Higgins. Didn't have his kicking boots on but would have won the game for them if he did. 23 disposals. Last time Rioli and Castagna played they had 18 between them. Shots on goal 7. Rioli and Castagna in their last 6 games have had a total of 8 scoring shots.

We really needed Saints to win. Swans, if we win tonight, will be 2 games and percentage ahead and they have a relatively easy draw home (Hawks, Power, Eagles, Bulldogs, Giants, Dockers. Bombers, Saints, North, Suns

Yeah, Higgo is a footballer. Hope he builds a good career with the Saints.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Unlikely unless we win all our remaining games and Swans lose 3 of their last 10, or we win all but 1 and Swans lose 4.

Edit, as pointed out they will only be 1 game above us. Still a tough ask from here.

True, I should learn to read the ladder

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Saints winning would've be been best result for us.

That loss to Port especially and the Swans disaster could well be very costly in the end as well as the fact we've been pumped a few times and had our percentage slashed.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Should it? I didn't see it well enough to say.

Just pointing out that the argument 'but they always pay that' isn't quite accurate.
I thought it was clearly a free. Jumped early kneed the Saints player in the head and didn’t get near the ball. The Saints player was taken out of the contest so it should have been a free.

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Should it? I didn't see it well enough to say.

Just pointing out that the argument 'but they always pay that' isn't quite accurate.
No, I'd say they used to always pay that, but now they pick and choose when to pay it far more. All rules are now quite flexible and arbitrary in application. Thus the umpires can be selective in terms of influencing results - according to AFL objectives. I know you claim we are paranoid but, I would be highly confident if Higgins kicked that last shot, the ball would have been rushed forward for a Swans free within good range. This did happen, even with Higgo's terrible miss, but thought the free to Rowbotham was there. It just consolidated the win.

I believe there will be huge AFL momentum behind a GoDeez flag this year, if Geesook cannot make it, after 60+ years in the wilderness, as against RFC winning a threepeat. Just wait and see if we even make it into a final against them. The H & A match was a slight indicator. A great story to be had in Dees flag, just like Dogs in '16, us in '17, leading to much marketing promos and $$ rewards into AFL coffers.

AFL wants to promote the game commercially at all costs. Its objectives are predominantly financial, to advance the monetary value and revenues with success in the northern markets a crucial aim for it (especially to limit and redress the huge losses there so far on AFL outlays) That's first priority - not motivated by the interests of a fair and equitable competition.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Higgins had a great game but again his kicking let him down badly. He is a really poor kick and it cost the Saints the game today. Not missing him at all. He will have his good games but in reality he is a very limited footballer.
What really annoyed me was how with both his two crucial late shots, he rushed, after missing badly most of the game. And kicked the same way - ran out to the right trying to swing it back ... and left the kicks out there too. So predictable ... for a not-smart-enough footballer!

Higgo's weakness is his over-confidence. Really rates himself highly, so he was just too good to be not getting a guaranteed game for RFC who gave him his first big chance, and to play for a great, successful club.

A smarter and not over-confident player would have taken closer to the fully allowed time on both those shots, and corrected a technique failure, not repeat it over and over!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

That loss to Port especially and the Swans disaster could well be very costly in the end as well as the fact we've been pumped a few times and had our percentage slashed.
Port we we're robbed out bounce was part of the rules that night.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Any chance Adelaide or Collingwood can string 2 possessions together? Some god-awful skills on display.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Never understood why lower teams play perfect against us and bad against others. Cows showing it now.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Have any Collingwood players kicked the ball into the crowd yet and more importantly did anyone duck to avoid the virus infested Sherrin?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

True, but if we focus on winning each game the rest will look after itself. If we can't win tonight, it really doesn't matter.