Rnd 12 Other Games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rnd 12 Other Games.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne beat Brisbane with their handball game. We need to find ours quickly if we want to make a charge into the top 4.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Melbourne beat Brisbane with their handball game. We need to find ours quickly if we want to make a charge into the top 4.
Yeah that passage of clean hands they highlighted was vintage Richmond. It's the big thing missing this year IMO. We've got the fumbles instead.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don't want Melbourne to win a flag, This year is the first time since 1940 we have had more flags than they have. It took a bloody long time to get beyond 12 flags.

They look good, They fixed the problem they had with conceding too many points back in 2018 and their defence is now very good. I reckon this is Footscray's problem this year, their defence is not good enough to win the flag.

Serious contenders, we have to get a lot better to beat them.

It isn't just the handball game, it is that there is always someone there to handball to, they work very hard.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Dees look physically imposing.
I checked some height stats from rd 11 starting 22s
0-181cm mel 2 rich 8
182-188cm mel 13 rich 5
-a *smile* army of solid utilities...not slow either.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I don't want Melbourne to win a flag, This year is the first time since 1940 we have had more flags than they have. It took a bloody long time to get beyond 12 flags.

They look good, They fixed the problem they had with conceding too many points back in 2018 and their defence is now very good. I reckon this is Footscray's problem this year, their defence is not good enough to win the flag.

Serious contenders, we have to get a lot better to beat them.

It isn't just the handball game, it is that there is always someone there to handball to, they work very hard.
Might be necessary to tag Salem, hard. He didn't want to know about it in the first half and they couldn't get any run going.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh those mocking melb are fools. They are a genuinely good side, well balanced and hungry. They’ve parked the ego (the lions have grabbed it) and are playing a real team brand.
Tot nailed it, the mainissue may be peaking too early.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Might be necessary to tag Salem, hard. He didn't want to know about it in the first half and they couldn't get any run going.
Good point.
But for the Dees it starts in the middle. If Gawn/Petra a/Oliver are on they don’t have to worry so much about the half back line.
spargo reminds me of that hungry tiger small forward.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Good point.
But for the Dees it starts in the middle. If Gawn/Petra a/Oliver are on they don’t have to worry so much about the half back line.
spargo reminds me of that hungry tiger small forward.
I think it started at half back after half time. There wasn't a lot getting past. No Hipwood contested marks.

The centre clearances were a bonus.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Daniel Rich. Hmm. I thought he’d be an a grader for a decade. Proves I know nothing.
He’s a pansy. Like half their list. Head ducking disingenuous footballers. Sucked in. No chance of a flag. Their first instinct when tackled is to throw the head back and look for a free. Cheating *smile*.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I think it started at half back after half time. There wasn't a lot getting past. No Hipwood contested marks.
Hip wood another front running sissy. And sleepy joe daniher is a pissweak footballer.
like the dogs simply cannot win the flag.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hip wood another front running sissy. And sleepy joe daniher is a pissweak footballer.
like the dogs simply cannot win the flag.
Thought Hipwood was impressive to half time, but he's been a slow burn. His kicking wasn't terrible, but in the end he returned 1.4. Would Lynch or Richo get off the hook?

Petty looked like a weakness but in the end he kept Daniher from doing much.

Expecting us to beat Essendon, and Sunday's West Coast team looks wafer-thin. Who knows after that?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'm not sure we'd be coping with this tonight. We just aren't at this intensity this year.
We were in Q3 against the Dogs. It's a matter of whether we have enough hunger, drive and energy left in the tank to sustain it for 4 x Qs. The great unknown at this point.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Jack High with Ian Cleland! Also footy commentator. Ex umpire.
If anyone thinks the AFL is corrupt now look up the story of how Ian Cleland’s vfl umpiring career came to an end !!
He was a terrific commentator back in the halcyon days of Doug Heywood and Tony Charlton.