Rodney Eade Sacked | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rodney Eade Sacked

Tigers of Old said:
I reckon he forced their hand.

Eade to the Crows?

Dogs have some issues..

I reckon they will go Bickley

what about the Dees? Looks like Malthouse will be a no show, and they have indicated they want an experienced coach

I am not sure about Rocket....he has taken two sides well into September without having landed the prize. I think he and John Northey are neck and neck as coaches who have coached the most games without a flag.

Do clubs look at the positives (he has at least built two sides and made them more than competitive) or do they look at his failure to land the big one, which has been a criticism of Neil Craig?

Interesting times ahead....its good that we aren't involved for a change!

I suppose now there will be a circus around interviewing all and sundry for his replacement before they appoint Leon Cameron.

Are there any more Scott brothers?

Jeez, it's top four or your gone out at the kennel. Tough job.

Tigers of Old said:
I reckon he forced their hand.

Eade to the Crows?

Dogs have some issues..

South Australians don't like non-natives coaching their football teams. They barely tolerate them playing in their football teams.

Tiger74 said:
I reckon they will go Bickley

what about the Dees? Looks like Malthouse will be a no show, and they have indicated they want an experienced coach
Yep.Forgot about the Dees.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Dees or Crows.
Young list and unstable board
vs
A list to work with and stable board.

On Melbourne, I wonder what their stability will be like when Stynes steps down, personally I have some concerns.

For the Dogs, rumours have been strong for some time that Leon Cameron is a very strong chance

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I am not sure about Rocket....he has taken two sides well into September without having landed the prize. I think he and John Northey are neck and neck as coaches who have coached the most games without a flag.

Do clubs look at the positives (he has at least built two sides and made them more than competitive) or do they look at his failure to land the big one, which has been a criticism of Neil Craig?

Interesting times ahead....its good that we aren't involved for a change!

He is a very good game day coach but I think he struggles with the niceties of one-on-one relationships.

In both his exits now he has given every impression that he has no stomach for rebuilding after a long period of being up. Melbourne would be a perfect club for him, the recruiting has been done, he can just come in, pick his favourites and go again.

TOT70 said:
He is a very good game day coach but I think he struggles with the niceties of one-on-one relationships.

In both his exits now he has given every impression that he has no stomach for rebuilding after a long period of being up. Melbourne would be a perfect club for him, the recruiting has been done, he can just come in, pick his favourites and go again.
Perhaps he would make a better senior assistant, or part of a team of coaches?

Definitely Cameron for the Dogs, and Bickley has firmed for Adelaide, leaving Eade to Melbourne. Melbourne have very little choice at this stage unless they want to go for an untried coach which would be doubtful.

Strange that Eade has been sacked with only 3 games to go. They say that were ruthless sacking coaches.
Eade must have a coaching job with another side already lined up for him to have been sacked.

btoz_01 said:
Strange that Eade has been sacked with only 3 games to go. They say that were ruthless sacking coaches.
Eade must have a coaching job with another side already lined up for him to have been sacked.

Leaving at end of season according to ABC news.

btoz_01 said:

reported yesterday Eade gave an ultimatum to the dogs, reckon the Dees must definitely be sniffing around

btoz_01 said:

Agree. I'll be surprised if he's not a senior coach again elsewhere on that basis.

It's interesting that in 2004 the Dogs, Hawks and Tigers were all looking for coaches. Dogs targeted eade and we targeted Wallace while the Hawks were laughed at for dilly dallying and ending up with the unfashionable Clarkson.

Seven years on and only Clarkson remains, with a premiership cup in his cupboard and another within reach.