Round 1 2021 - Full Capacity Looking Likely? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 2021 - Full Capacity Looking Likely?

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
With NSW just announcing that stadiums can return to 100% capacity (on top of QLD moving to the same status a couple of weeks back), we are hopefully on track to have 90K plus at the G for our double flag unfurling :cupgold:cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
With NSW just announcing that stadiums can return to 100% capacity (on top of QLD moving to the same status a couple of weeks back), we are hopefully on track to have 90K plus at the G for our double flag unfurling :cupgold:cupgold
And the first home game for us ought be Round 2; against the Pies!

Will Adam Treloar be with the opposition??

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
And the first home game for us ought be Round 2; against the Pies!

Will Adam Treloar be with the opposition??
It could possibly still be a round 1 home game. No crowd this year meant no revenue for us that game. The AFL might decide it wasn’t fair on us and reset it for next season

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
It could possibly still be a round 1 home game. No crowd this year meant no revenue for us that game. The AFL might decide it wasn’t fair on us and reset it for next season
I did read this somewhere that it would be our home game

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
When are they announcing the fixture?
Did they mention it might not be till February and then it'll be only a partial fixture?
I know they've already said we're playing the Blues R1 but I hope we don't get fixtured against any of the other big drawing clubs unless we are at full capacity and if not, we should be playing the minnow memberships like Bris, North, Dogs and Dees, along with a couple of interstaters imo.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
With Dan the Man n his motley crew reinstating international incoming n hotel quarantine, we'll be lucky if we're out of lock down again to see the unfurling.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Just let it be.
Hopefully the Tennis dosent bend us over.
They should *smile* the tennis off.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Will we unfurl simultaneously, or one at a time?

We cant do it round 2 cause collingwood fans are all anti-vaxers and wont be allowed in to witness

us in raptures.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Well there is certainly no precedent for this.

Why don’t we unfurl flag 2019 in round 1 and then flag 2020 at an away game at the cattery - reckon we would get 35,000 tigers at the game cause no cat fan would want to turn up. :cupgold

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Well there is certainly no precedent for this.

Why don’t we unfurl flag 2019 in round 1 and then flag 2020 at an away game at the cattery - reckon we would get 35,000 tigers at the game cause no cat fan would want to turn up. :cupgold
I would prefer an away game at Glenferrie Oval over one at Kardinia Park.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Maybe two run throughs too with a message for each flag on each. The players can run through the 2019 one and then the 2020 one.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Tell ya what I reckon I’ll shed a bloody tear been back at the G , unfurling the flags and enjoying a nice cold schooner of draught

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Pot I think, but they were never large enough so the strange NSW glasses have been invading our fair state I think.

Will be nice to go to a game, especially to see 2 flags unfurled :D

DS