Round 1 Finals - the PRE hangdog games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Finals - the PRE hangdog games.

And Hocking who was originally with the Cats, then to the AFL where he implemented rules to help his former club, and now back to the Cats.
Caro called this out on Offsiders this morning. I'm paraphrasing, but she basically said "he worked at Geelong, the league brought him in to make rule changes, he did that, now he's back at geelong, he did a good job didn't he?" tongue in her cheek

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Fly has criticised the umpiring of their game, asking why their tackles were not rewarded. I thought it was the case watching, and he has cited the stats to back his case. I totally agree with him. Plus good to see some more heat on the AFL clowns.

Reactions: 4 users
Fly has criticised the umpiring of their game, asking why their tackles were not rewarded. I thought it was the case watching, and he has cited the stats to back his case. I totally agree with him. Plus good to see some more heat on the AFL clowns.
Welcome to our world Fly - on a weekly basis for us.

Reactions: 2 users
What peeeed me off about this is the commentators kept on mentioning it whereas, with us, it's dead silence.

Reactions: 4 users
What peeeed me off about this is the commentators kept on mentioning it whereas, with us, it's dead silence.
That’s right. It’s the same when softo bs free kicks are paid against our defenders (eg Hipwood) where they lamely try to support the decision then say nothing when there’s something twice as impactful on our forwards.

On the basis of those Hipwood frees, Lynch should have got about 4 coming back the other way.

Been written before I know, but i cannot get my head around it, Chris Scott coaching Geelong and his twin brother general manager of football at the AFL.

Its such a massive conflict of interest, but you don't put anything past Gill and his Gestapo running that joint. The new CEO needs to be a person of complete integrity and understand the public have no trust in the AFL. The new CEO needs to come in with transparency and integrity as the core things to fix in the game.

The unknown bunker.
General Manager of football brothers with a current coach are 2 massive issues

yeah generally agree, but the commentators had reacted pretty vocally at the Harris Andrews unpaid HTB on our fwd line. As I said earlier it was a theme across all games, obviously a directive, but as usual they went OTT. HTB has been abysmal and getting worse the last few seasons, it was as if their approach to address it was to just not pay it.

Reactions: 1 user
Its such a massive conflict of interest, but you don't put anything past Gill and his Gestapo running that joint. The new CEO needs to be a person of complete integrity and understand the public have no trust in the AFL. The new CEO needs to come in with transparency and integrity as the core things to fix in the game.

The unknown bunker.
General Manager of football brothers with a current coach are 2 massive issues
Its bad yes, but not as bad a Hocking leaving Geelong to work for the AFL to make rule changes 'for the good of the game', then goes back to Geelong! its like Putins Russia.

Reactions: 3 users
yeah generally agree, but the commentators had reacted pretty vocally at the Harris Andrews unpaid HTB on our fwd line. As I said earlier it was a theme across all games, obviously a directive, but as usual they went OTT. HTB has been abysmal and getting worse the last few seasons, it was as if their approach to address it was to just not pay it.
the other holding the ball decisions, or non-decisions, that the umps constantly get wrong are late in games, when the winning team clearly makes no attempt to get rid of the ball when tackled. SOMETIMES players are expected to writhe and thrash about on the ground with 8 opponents on top of them, but in the last few minutes of games, umps charge in for ball ups. happened in our game, maybe MacLuggage was tackled on the wing, our tackler was almost careful not to wrap him up, but the ball never came out, i reckon another Lion jumped on top and the ump blew for a ball up instantly. not claiming anti-Richmond bias in this case- it happens every close game and the umps ignore it.

Reactions: 1 user
Raised the same issue during the game n got told I was a *smile* idiot. Realised immediately that I probably was for mentioning it to a Moggies supporter during the game.

maybe MacLuggage was tackled on the wing, our tackler was almost careful not to wrap him up, but the ball never came out, i reckon another Lion jumped on top and the ump blew for a ball up instantly.
Biggest farce in the game when a team mate jumps in to tackle the already legally tackled ball carrier to ensure the ball is locked in. Should be a free kick against every single time.