Round 1 vs Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 vs Geelong

E

easy_tiger

Guest
caesar said:
FT 97 - 84

Disposals

Naish 23
Bolton 22
Ross 21
Menadue 21 & 1 goal
Chol 16 & 3 goals 2 behinds
CCJ 13 & 2 goals 3 behinds

Dream Time points wise:

Shai 95
CCJ 93
Townsend 92
Ross 82
Chol 80
Naish 79

very encouraging thanks fellas.
 

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
13,619
3,758
I assume Aarts didnt play. i saw him at 1/4 time in his polo top with strapping on his calf.
 

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
248
176
Brodders17 said:
I got to see the game, as the scores suggest we started well, faded, the finished all over them. some random thoughts:
Bolton was our clear best IMO. very dangerous with the ball. how his game would translate to the quicker, better tackling AFL remains to be seen. he nearly took an absolute speccie on top of of a pack but unfortunately didnt come down with the ball. his balance and recovery were a feature of his game though- when he did fly he was able to keep his feet and stay involved when the ball hit the deck.
Ross was busy, not dominant, but good.
Chol was ok. he did well to finish well 3 goals considering he spent time down back, and a little in the ruck. I dont think he would be pushing for promotion though.
Caddy was ok. didnt do much up forward, spent plenty of time on the ball.
Soldo was ok against an AFL standard ruck in Smith.
Menadue showed a bit, playing off half back mostly.
Naish got a bit of it and generally used it well.
RCD is a way off. He looked ok, but not AFL ready.
Moore competed well but was pretty ineffective. Would probably still play him in the ones before Chol if needed as i reckon he was more 'involved' even if the results didnt come for him.

Out tall backs struggled against the very tall forwards of the Cats- Buzza and resting ruckman.

It was interesting to see our centre square set ups. we regularly went with Caddy, Townsend and Ross. probably a sign we are looking for strength to add to our onballers in the ones. Bolton was the other regular and won plenty of clearances.
I went as well - pretty good summary. Don't think English will make it - justas average footballer and a short one at that. RCD - has a long way to go. Ross is going to be a jet.
 

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
379
31
Bolton clearly BOG

A couple of good games in a row now for Bolton following on from practice games. Must be given another chance at AFL and played for 3-4 games to give him a chance.

Ross not as good as previous weeks but still serviceable and tough as.

Naish has definitely improved from last year.

Caddy did enough to be close for selection in AFL - maybe one more full game.

Menadue played well but always does in VFL.

Their tall forwards were a worry all night.

Good win when we were down by a couple of goals in the third quarter and always hard to win at that ground.
 

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
23,027
7,968
Wang
ryan said:
Bolton clearly BOG

A couple of good games in a row now for Bolton following on from practice games. Must be given another chance at AFL and played for 3-4 games to give him a chance.

Ross not as good as previous weeks but still serviceable and tough as.

Naish has definitely improved from last year.

Caddy did enough to be close for selection in AFL - maybe one more full game.

Menadue played well but always does in VFL.

Their tall forwards were a worry all night.

Good win when we were down by a couple of goals in the third quarter and always hard to win at that ground.
 

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
23,130
8,394
Good news re Bolton Naish and Ross. Need some up and coming mids
 

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
15,894
7,391
ryan said:
Bolton clearly BOG

A couple of good games in a row now for Bolton following on from practice games. Must be given another chance at AFL and played for 3-4 games to give him a chance.

Ross not as good as previous weeks but still serviceable and tough as.

Naish has definitely improved from last year.

Caddy did enough to be close for selection in AFL - maybe one more full game.

Menadue played well but always does in VFL.

Their tall forwards were a worry all night.

Good win when we were down by a couple of goals in the third quarter and always hard to win at that ground.
Thanks Ryan.

How did Coleman Jones play?
 

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
379
31
Did ok especially up forward in that he kicked 2 goals ( one was a beauty) and a few points.

Took a couple of strong marks

Was rucking against pretty good VFL opposition in Zac Smith / Abbott / Buzza

Improving all the time but needs more bulk for AFL
 

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
109
43
Bolton was excellent tonight, ran hard tackled hard, chased, clearance work was very good, definitely best on ground
Naishy and Ross both good, love jacks tackling, very hard at ball and the opponent
Naishy love his patience with ball in hand, beautiful kicking skills
Ccj very good , needs to improve his goal kicking a little, but definitely a long term senior prospect
Connor menadue opening goal in last quarter a ripper 60 meter bomb
I was at the game last night any questions fire away
 

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
17,549
9,148
tigerguru said:
Bolton was excellent tonight, ran hard tackled hard, chased, clearance work was very good, definitely best on ground
Naishy and Ross both good, love jacks tackling, very hard at ball and the opponent
Naishy love his patience with ball in hand, beautiful kicking skills
Ccj very good , needs to improve his goal kicking a little, but definitely a long term senior prospect
Connor menadue opening goal in last quarter a ripper 60 meter bomb
I was at the game last night any questions fire away

Thanks to you and the others for your reports.

How was Chol's game, statistically it would have to be his best game?
 

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
109
43
tigerman said:
Thanks to you and the others for your reports.

How was Chol's game, statistically it would have to be his best game?
he played all over the ground, was next to useless in defense
Was much better up forward and occasionly in the ruck
Did some nice things he has a beautiful left foot
 

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
109
43
TigerFlag2017 said:
Where is Fraser Turner at?
was ok last night, good build on him still very young
Probably won't play seniors this year but good long term prospect
 

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
109
43
TigerFlag2017 said:
Where is Fraser Turner at?
was ok last night, has a great build on him
Will be a good long term prospect, don't think he will play this year
Still so young
 

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
7,518
1,283
Thanks all for the reports. Caddy, Bolton, Ross and Naish the next to come in.