Round 17 VFL Tigers v Southport game day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 VFL Tigers v Southport game day

Feb 25, 2007

VFL Report: Round 17​

Richmond VFL coach Steve Morris provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in Saturday's win over Southport at Fankhauser Reserve.

Tyler Sonsie (27 disposals, 11 contested possessions, six clearances, four marks, one goal)

"I thought he was right back towards his best. He had a much better balance between contested and uncontested possession, and he stepped in really well, leading us with six clearances."

Tom Brown (26 disposals, 11 rebound-50s, five marks)

"Continued his good form on the weekend. Probably wasn't quite as clean as he usually is with the footy in hand, but made some really good decisions and continues to be strong on defence."

Rhyan Mansell (25 disposals, eight marks, six tackles, two goals)

"I thought he was clearly our best player on the day. He stepped in really well as a forward, was really important on the wing at stages, had a team-high six tackles and kicked two really classy goals as well."

James Trezise (24 disposals, seven marks, six rebound-50s, three inside-50s)

"Another standout game. Won the ball back for us really well behind the footy, and played to our system really well. We're continuing to work with him on his offensive involvement, and I think he can continue to take that to another level."

Thomson Dow (21 disposals, four clearances, one goal)

"It was the best he's kicked the ball all season, his skills were beautiful on the day and he looked engaged around stoppage and dynamic. He continued his good form and also kicked a really important goal late in the third quarter from long range."

Bigoa Nyuon (18 disposals, 10 marks, six inside-50s, one goal)

"Had a pretty good game. He took 10 marks on the day and he kicked a goal and probably dropped a couple of marks inside 50 that would have given him scoring shots. But, I thought he had a much bigger influence on the game on the weekend."

Judson Clarke (16 disposals, seven marks, one goal)

"He looked really lively on the day. Played majority on the wing just through necessity and game situation, and I thought his speed and skills really stood out. He kicked the ball beautifully on the day and finished off with a lovely goal from a tight angle around his body."

Noah Cumberland (14 disposals, six marks, five inside-50s, two goals)

"One of the more dynamic, explosive players on the ground. The opposition found it really difficult to tackle him, and he won contests ahead of the footy. He was selfless at times, which was great to see, and I was really pleased with his output."

Kaelan Bradtke (12 disposals, four marks, three goals)

"I thought it was his best game of the season. He's struck a really good patch of form. He kicked three goals on the day, took a couple of really strong contested marks, and looked to bring other players into the game. He was an imposing big man on the ground."

Matt Coulthard (11 disposals, four marks, one goal)

"His work rate certainly couldn't be questioned. He could have made a little bit more of his opportunities on the day, but the impact that he had, both from an offensive point of view but more importantly, from a defensive point of view, was pretty sound."

Steely Green (11 disposals, six marks, six inside-50s)

"Had a good day that could have been a lot better if we had have used him on a number of occasions. He's learning his role as a half-forward really well and we've seen great gains from his game over the last six to eight weeks. A really exciting player for us moving forwards."

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Takeaways from the game fort mine.

I liked the kid Bravos delivery by foot via passes inside 50 set a few up, has a clean boot and some tricks.

Biggie, Bradtke and Coulthard all showed plenty despite stats sheets for mine.

Coulthard has what the RFC needs in its forward half, Skill, speed, reads the play and is crteative.

Biggys future lay as a relief ruck not KPP.

KB growing and improving since his injury.

Sonz skillfull and can get the footy and distribute but some non efforts defensively at times were frustrating and probably the reason he is stuck in the seconds.. Needs to pay more attention to Jack Ross in regard to work rate if they are training buds. Lifted when needed.

Cumberland some nice efforts and a couple of dumb efforts but a solid contribution 2 goals.

Mansell has elevated himself up a level this year and stood out today. One of the best for the Tiges.

Green barely noticed him, Clarke in and out, Trezise is steady and tidy, Dow is slow and VFL is his level.

Didnt mind him had a crack.

Better than other muppets.

Was a pretty good feed to be fair considering.
Promising for the future with some pretty good players coming through and playing hard. Morris and the other development coaches seem to be doing a very solid job.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Craig and all what is the thinking on Brown. Havn’t seen any VFL other than a little on the box. Nearly two years in and a first round pick. Is he hard enough?