Round 17 VFL Tigers v Southport game day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 VFL Tigers v Southport game day

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
In Steely Green’s defence, he has played as a small forward all year. Round 3 against the Dogs he actually played midfield and this is what Steve Morris had to say… View attachment 19943
You had to go a fair back to prove me wrong
I still see very little to be excited about to be honest

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hmm Sonsie two votes from commentator. Not bad for a Plodder. Just saying.....
This is from the same commentator that called Cumberland Bradtke and numerous other miscalls. He would be a very unreliable witness if he was forced to identify players in a police line-up

• Haha

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I was at the game and wouldn’t have had Sonsie in the votes. Played well but not overly noticeable. Mansell was much better.

Coulthard has some Shai like skills in close. Unfortunately for him he was ignored a bit when he was open.

Cumberland reminds me so much of Pettifer. Could be anything but some of his decision making is baffling. Hard on himself like Pettifer as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Tigers08

Tiger Cub
Apr 25, 2015
This is from the same commentator that called Cumberland Bradtke and numerous other miscalls. He would be a very unreliable witness if he was forced to identify players in a police line-up
What did not you like about Sonsie? My objection was to the plodder call. That is all. I agree Mansell was great.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Coulthard has some Shai like skills in close. Unfortunately for him he was ignored a bit when he was open.
Agree.

In every game he's played he's made good position but hasn't been used. Looks a player to me, has good skills and pace, and took a great overhead mark today.

IanS

Tiger Cub
May 19, 2022
I was at the game and wouldn’t have had Sonsie in the votes. Played well but not overly noticeable. Mansell was much better.

Cumberland reminds me so much of Pettifer. Could be anything but some of his decision making is baffling. Hard on himself like Pettifer as well.
I noticed that very few players went and congratulated him when he kicked the goal. Hopefully there's no jealousy in team as a lot of competition for spot's.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I liked his "he's g...a...w...n, GAWN" calls though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
What did not you like about Sonsie? My objection was to the plodder call. That is all. I agree Mansell was great.
I thought Sonsie was good but still get frustrated with some intensity issues which I guess is where other criticisms come from also?

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Good win considering we got smashed in the hit outs and clearances. Bradtke and Coulthart look like they've got something to offer. Mansell looks like an AFL player, was really impressed with his skills today.

I like what I've seen from Yassine, in the few games he's played with us. He looks very promising, have we got first dibs on him?

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Agree.

In every game he's played he's made good position but hasn't been used. Looks a player to me, has good skills and pace, and took a great overhead mark today.
You'd think if true he should be better at afl level as you'd hope they used him properly

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good win considering we got smashed in the hit outs and clearances. Bradtke and Coulthart look like they've got something to offer. Mansell looks like an AFL player, was really impressed with his skills today.

I like what I've seen from Yassine, in the few games he's played with us. He looks very promising, have we got first dibs on him?
Yep. Bachar built.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
You had to go a fair back to prove me wrong
I still see very little to be excited about to be honest
Yeh sorry I was more trying to bemoan the club for not giving him more midfield opportunities!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Not bad for a player labelled as a Plodder.
Let it go man.
He was not a class above and certainly plodded at times today. Anyone could see it. Unless you didn’t want to see it.
He was definitely not even in our best 6 on the ground.
You can hopefully move on now

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Hasn't had more than 10 disposals all year, i don't see why he was even on the draft radar
We'll take a midget over a KPP with an AFL body every time. You can never have enough!

Reactions: 2 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003

Really noticed Yassine today too. Something to like about the lad and one to keep a closer eye on in coming weeks.

I'm a big fan of Coulthard. Hasn't had a lot of the footy, but what he has done, has been very classy and composed. The handball over his head today to Bradtke for his goal, was an innate ability that shows he has footy nous with a touch of class. The mark was pretty special too. He's very close to taking MRJ's spot IMO.