Round 17 VFL Tigers v Southport game day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 VFL Tigers v Southport game day

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
This is from the same commentator that called Cumberland Bradtke and numerous other miscalls. He would be a very unreliable witness if he was forced to identify players in a police line-up
Its Olden not Ogden felt like reaching into the tv to strangle the commentator..
Watched Dow carefully he is a turnover king. Has no ball security (muppet hands) poor disposal and no chance of a strong tackle. Left him in the centre ball ups too long in the 3rd quarter. Should be gone next year. All the VFL boys bust a gut and tackle ferociously.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Its Olden not Ogden felt like reaching into the tv to strangle the commentator..
Watched Dow carefully he is a turnover king. Has no ball security (muppet hands) poor disposal and no chance of a strong tackle. Left him in the centre ball ups too long in the 3rd quarter. Should be gone next year. All the VFL boys bust a gut and tackle ferociously.
Delist Dow. 1st one to cop it this season I think. Useless for too long.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Takeaways from the game fort mine.

I liked the kid Bravos delivery by foot via passes inside 50 set a few up, has a clean boot and some tricks.

Biggie, Bradtke and Coulthard all showed plenty despite stats sheets for mine.

Coulthard has what the RFC needs in its forward half, Skill, speed, reads the play and is crteative.

Biggys future lay as a relief ruck not KPP.

KB growing and improving since his injury.

Sonz skillfull and can get the footy and distribute but some non efforts defensively at times were frustrating and probably the reason he is stuck in the seconds.. Needs to pay more attention to Jack Ross in regard to work rate if they are training buds. Lifted when needed.

Cumberland some nice efforts and a couple of dumb efforts but a solid contribution 2 goals.

Mansell has elevated himself up a level this year and stood out today. One of the best for the Tiges.

Green barely noticed him, Clarke in and out, Trezise is steady and tidy, Dow is slow and VFL is his level.

I liked his "he's g...a...w...n, GAWN" calls though.
Didnt mind him had a crack.

Better than other muppets.

Was a pretty good feed to be fair considering.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Didnt mind him had a crack.

Better than other muppets.

Was a pretty good feed to be fair considering.
yeah, it’s pretty easy to bag a VFL commentator. Trying to identify 400+ players on VFL lists that no one would recognise can’t be easy.

Reactions: 8 users

Tigers08

Tiger Cub
Apr 25, 2015
Let it go man.
He was not a class above and certainly plodded at times today. Anyone could see it. Unless you didn’t want to see it.
He was definitely not even in our best 6 on the ground.
You can hopefully move on now
Who can't let go?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
yeah, it’s pretty easy to bag a VFL commentator. Trying to identify 400+ players on VFL lists that no one would recognise can’t be easy.

From some of his comments he was also commentating without any sort of TV images and was just commentating from the stands. I've mistaken our own players at the G from the other side of the ground, imagine it being a team that you don't watch often. I could cut him some slack over that, certainly tried to generate interest in the game with his commentating.

Reactions: 6 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Really noticed Yassine today too. Something to like about the lad and one to keep a closer eye on in coming weeks.

I'm a big fan of Coulthard. Hasn't had a lot of the footy, but what he has done, has been very classy and composed. The handball over his head today to Bradtke for his goal, was an innate ability that shows he has footy nous with a touch of class. The mark was pretty special too. He's very close to taking MRJ's spot IMO.
Agree. Coulthard displays plenty of AFL traits. Reckon we might have one here.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If Yassine keeps showing what he has been for the rest of the season, I'd be happy if we look to take him on as our latest VFL rookie pick to the AFL, following Young and Tresize over the last couple of years. I also like Will Bravo as an option that could potentially play in that small / high half forward.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
If Yassine keeps showing what he has been for the rest of the season, I'd be happy if we look to take him on as our latest VFL rookie pick to the AFL, following Young and Tresize over the last couple of years. I also like Will Bravo as an option that could potentially play in that small / high half forward.
I was thinking the same thing with Bravo,love his attack on the ball,and has a bit of pace ,just has to be consistent.
I don't know what happened during the bye with Bradtke,but he has improved quite a lot the last few games,if he keeps on this trajectory he might make a AFL footballer.

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Bradtke very tentative attacking ball after broken hand but now starting to clunk a few marks.

Flea74

Tiger Rookie
Aug 10, 2004
Horsham
I didnt see the game. But did anyone watching have any thoughts on Southports' Jake McQueen? he kicked 3.2. He is a Nhill boy. Played abit of VFL footy in the past at Roosters and Essendon... and GWS Giants were having a look at him as a mature ager at the start of '23 (due to the Nhill/Jase McCartney link at GWS). He is a great young fella. would love to see him get a pre-season at Punt Road; so just wondering if anyone watching had any thoughts on his game vs. our VFL side? @caesar ?

Last edited:

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
rather listen to that VFL commentator than Taylor, Jab, Derwayne, Ricciuto, Underwood, Brayshaw, Mcloaughlin et al

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Biggy does show a bit in the ruck. Very good leap.
Miller had 18 Hos & a goal yesterday. Maybe a defensive job too despite his low disposal count.
I wouldn't be opposed to having a look at Biggie again in the ones in that type of role.
He's in the exit lounge as it stands so be good to see what he could do..fast running out of time.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I didnt see the game. But did anyone watching have any thoughts on Southports' Jake McQueen? he kicked 3.2. He is a Nhill boy. Played abit of VFL footy in the past at Roosters and Essendon... and GWS Giants were having a look at him as a mature ager at the start of '23 (due to the Nhill/Jase McCartney link at GWS). He is a great young fella. would love to see him get a pre-season at Punt Road; so just wondering if anyone watching had any thoughts on his game vs. our VFL side? @caesar ?
He looked a likely type Flea, he got a bit of the ball as well as kicking the 3 goals. I just checked his age, he turns 28 next March, that shouldn't, but might make it hard for him.