Round 3 (Sydney at Home) Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3 (Sydney at Home) Ticketing and Other Discussion

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Well, I just paid for tickets, I hope they manage to refund or reverse the payment.

Plus I have to log in half a dozen times while buying a ticket.

I just don't understand how Ticketek can be so incompetent, they need to be burned to the ground.

DS
Just looked 40 bucks + membership on level 1

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It use to be an extra $8-$12 bucks to upgrade to a seat down on the lower deck.
I'm just a GA member and was quoted $38 for a level one seat, left forward pocket Olympic Stand. Didn't think the seat was special enough for $38 so settled for the nosebleeds at no cost.

The sooner they allow us to stand again, the better. Not sure I would put up with this if we were sh!t.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
What I don’t understand is that we have to be balloted when we are playing an interstate team with 75% capacity. 75% of 100k = 75,000 people. There is no way we are going to get near that so why can’t we sit in our seats we have paid for and not have to go through this money circus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm just a GA member and was quoted $38 for a level one seat, left forward pocket Olympic Stand. Didn't think the seat was special enough for $38 so settled for the nosebleeds at no cost.

The sooner they allow us to stand again, the better. Not sure I would put up with this if we were sh!t.
That's why the crowds have been low.
Satedey will be my first game since the 2019 GF.
Im 99% sure the port game at the G in the same year only cost me about 18 bucks to upgrade my son and i down behind the cheer squad.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Well, I just paid for tickets, I hope they manage to refund or reverse the payment.

I just don't understand how Ticketek can be so incompetent, they need to be burned to the ground.

DS

You just have to be patient mate. I waited and got my tickets at no cost

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You just have to be patient mate. I waited and got my tickets at no cost

Well I expect either Ticketek will not actually charge me or they will refund the payment since it was their stuff up.

Just as a matter of interest, and given this sounds like I got my tickets before you, what row are you in? I ask as I am still trying to work out whether I am better to wait for tickets or buy them early, I got Row U and would prefer to be closer.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
MCC and ticket-hack just taking advantage of covid to make some extra cash

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

DS

Same experience - you log in to the tigers site, enter the barcode, select a ticket, login in to ticketek again ... etc etc.. It's a pretty bad experience especially if you time out and have to do it all again.

Anyway got my shyte ticket on level 4 with paying for an "upgrade" thanks to @AstuteTiger letting me know about the "General Reserved" category. might try to sneak down somewhere lower during the game.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Agree. I miss the hilarity and hijinks of standing room.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just got a text stating that those of us who paid for our tickets will get a refund and Ticketek will be sending a replacement ticket (same seats? - we'll see) before the game.

What a mess.

If Ticketek are unable to organise selling tickets maybe they should look to change their line of business.

DS

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I just got a seat in Q9 Level 4 Great Southern Stand. Decided to get the zero cost option in case I don’t end up going to the game so it doesn’t cost me anything. And I’m one of those too that can’t wait for Standing room to be allowed again. The fact they are not allowing it now is ridiculous.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Just get in and you can sit anywhere you want

bozo

Tiger Rookie
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
Was much calmer this time getting tickets as there is no way they will sell out. Went to general admission reserve (Which Ticketek do their best to hide), and got tickets level two wing for nothing. Paid $19 a ticket v Carlton for an upgrade to sit right at last row of the 4th level.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
If Ticketek are unable to organise selling tickets maybe they should look to change their line of business.
If you had a monopoly on ticket distribution like Ticketek have, changing your line of business would be the last thing you would think of doing.

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Well I expect either Ticketek will not actually charge me or they will refund the payment since it was their stuff up.

Just as a matter of interest, and given this sounds like I got my tickets before you, what row are you in? I ask as I am still trying to work out whether I am better to wait for tickets or buy them early, I got Row U and would prefer to be closer.

DS

They kept offering me Row L and I kept rejecting it. We like to sit at the back (Past the undercover line at Row Y), but then my mate reminded me of the nice weather forecast, so I took Row K.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They kept offering me Row L and I kept rejecting it. We like to sit at the back (Past the undercover line at Row Y), but then my mate reminded me of the nice weather forecast, so I took Row K.

Thanks for the reply, just as I suspected, they released better tickets (for me, I like to sit near the front) after I bought my ticket. I kept getting offered AA, HH etc.

It's insane, sometimes you can get to a map of the seating area and change seats, sometimes you can't. There's no rhyme or reason to this.

DS

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

DS
Monopoly. Say no more.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
As an AFL member has been done pretty well. Silver and gold of competing clubs get a preferred time slot and no guest passes. 0 ticket charge.

ive been very pleasantly surprised as I felt for sure they were going to create a scalp fest Which they haven’t done.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
As an AFL member has been done pretty well. Silver and gold of competing clubs get a preferred time slot and no guest passes. 0 ticket charge.

ive been very pleasantly surprised as I felt for sure they were going to create a scalp fest Which they haven’t done.
Yeah. I got M17 RowF for Saturday.
Easy transaction today.