Round 3: the goolie adjustment games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3: the goolie adjustment games.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Bailey Fritsch doesn't really have a defensive mindset but he kicks goals pure and simple. Had 7 disposals and 2 goals. But got the goal that sunk port.
Yep, I think Cumberland is a similar type of player although may be better at ground level, not so good in the air. Both very goal-focused. Not that Cumbo has shown he is up to being a consistent AFL grade player yet. Club is most likely demanding our guy do much more defensively.
But only time will tell if NC is up to the club's requirements.

But an aggressive l/f goal-kicker can be very handy up forward.

Feb 25, 2007
Yep, I think Cumberland is a similar type of player although may be better at ground level, not so good in the air. Both very goal-focused. Not that Cumbo has shown he is up to being a consistent AFL grade player yet. Club is most likely demanding our guy do much more defensively.
But only time will tell if NC is up to the club's requirements.

But an aggressive l/f goal-kicker can be very handy up forward.

Hey if we can gift games to Mansell, Junior, banks, lefau (not withstanding yesterday's performances on these lads) why not Cumbo. If you are playing well most games and don't get rewarded there will be some drop-offs in performance. Cumbo had a quiet one yesterday but you know he'll bounce back.

On Fritsch yeah good in the air but not so good when it hits the ground. Cumbo is strong one one-on-one and quick. Just got to give him a run of games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
No one tanks like the Eagles.

Gotta hand it to them, they havent rerally given a !@#% or even really tried since 2020 and yet no one has called em out on it or even pointed the finger.
I heard on Ch7 last night something about they might be approaching the AFL for handout assistance. What a joke! Richest club in the AFL or very close.

But if Norf keep getting gifts from the AFL year after year, rewarded for their own consistent incompetence, you can't really blame them. You just have to keep looking like crap on field.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I heard on Ch7 last night something about they might be approaching the AFL for handout assistance. What a joke! Richest club in the AFL or very close.

But if Norf keep getting gifts from the AFL year after year, you can't really blame them. You just keep looking like crap on field.
AFL creating a rod for its own back by setting precedents.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Umps are on the Cats train I see.
Of course. Those lovely private school boys from Geelong Grammar and College, whatever. Butter wouldn't melt, with their lovely, flowing, surfie-blond locks, neatly restrained by headbands. :(

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
AFL creating a rod for its own back by setting precedents.
They have! Another legacy from Gil. Whereas Tigers had to drag themselves up by their own boot-straps from a 37 year abyss. Only a handful of top draft picks; Norf already have received double that.

Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Its not rain but lightning.
The whole time security guys were located across the field like *smile* of the rocks. Security guard lives matter! They shouldn't have to act as sacrificial anodes.

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just a mention about how pathetic and biased the flogs are. It's obvious as they are prejudiced to not give Ginnivan too high especially when it is!!
Yep, it's so obvious. Ginnivan did earn a bad rep as a diver and stager, and still does try to draw the free for dropping knees and lifting the shoulder up at times. But so do many others including Moggs players like Close (got an early goal from a high tackle from Scrimshaw that was unavoidable), Miars and Stengle.
Just so far in Q4, JG has been held off the ball, and hit high a couple of times. But nix.

They're a vindictive mob with long memories and selective vision, the umps.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Shovekins said he was using his phone to check weather radar
AFL give it thumbs up all good

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I'm heading to the Gabba tonight. I hate the Lions but will be one of the only times I will support them against the scum
Did anyone get around “ take me home country road “ ? Don’t think they will play it anymore 🤔😉