Andrew Dillion the new AFL CEO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Dillion the new AFL CEO

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
good boy GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

From Gil to Dil
Gale should have got the gig

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
:vomit:vomit:vomit

Don't care that he's a Richmond support, I want someone appointed for the good of the whole game and he's not it.

Reactions: 8 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I expect one of Marshall Matt Dillion's first announcements to be that the Tiges no longer have to play home games at Marvel. That will indicate whether he's a true Tiger:mhihi

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Has got a bit going for him, he's Richmond supporter.

"You only have to look at our executive team, which is only half made up of Old Xaverian old boys, and has only one brother of an existing exec member appointed without being advertised, to see that there is no boys club here"

seriously what a joke. They don't give a *smile*.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
"You only have to look at our executive team, which is only half made up of Old Xaverian old boys, and has only one brother of an existing exec member appointed without being advertised, to see that there is no boys club here"

I get the impression the AFL is one of those organizations that only accept applicants if they attended a GFNGS

(GFNGS = Government-Funded Non-Government School as they sure as sh!t aint private or independent)

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dillon's Old Xavs mate Simon Lethlean took time out from rooting his secretary to tell De La Salle old boy Michael Gleeson 'the job was awarded based on ability, not a school tie'. He said Everybody likes Dill, he's The Most Liked Guy at all our school reuinions. Gleeso says Everybody likes Dill, and his dad chaired the Melbourne Racing Club while his wife's dad used to run the MCC, so it's not as if he doesn't understand the common man in the Long Room or the Bird Cage. (See? Diversity.) His uncle is one of those priests who reckon you shouldn't root kids, so clearly of good stock. Demeglomaniac says Dill's 'a safe pair of hands', and Everybody likes him. Lethlean snorted a line and pointed out that 'If they brought in an outsider, the criticism would be they have no connections and contacts.' Brendon Gale has no connections and contacts. He went to Burnie Tech or something, how could he? Does he even have a dealer?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Whoever the recruiting firm who was entrusted to find the new CEO must’ve been p1ssing themselves when awarded the contract.

Reactions: 9 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Nothing like an international search that took over 12 months and they end up recruiting the bloke in the office next door - the AFL pretends it has a process only to look good.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Whoever the recruiting firm who was entrusted to find the new CEO must’ve been p1ssing themselves when awarded the contract.
Yep, and you can bet your bottom dollar the firm had connections to someone at City Hall who may or may not have received a brown paper bag.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
His uncle is one of those priests who reckon you shouldn't root kids, so clearly of good stock.
Zero degrees of separation for Xav boys of that era, especially the sporty lads. But the AFL's Legal Counsel wouldn't have let that sort of character remain in a post-Xav AFL role, would he?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I’ve just got my retirement plan in the works. Will snag the next contract for Dill’s replacement when the time is due. Will undercut the next bidders offer by say, $100,000 ( still a cool 1-1.5 mill in my pocket), offer to do a thorough worldwide search for the most suitable candidate. Then when nobody is looking, will take a peek at the nameplate on the office door next to Dill’s office, and voila, my pick for the next CEO :)

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

So not a boys club, but an Old Boys Club

Reactions: 1 user