Round 3: The quinoa games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3: The quinoa games.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Maybe it should have been the Quinoa round Redders
And so it shall be Teets.

Dogs. Big pressure. Picked them top 4 this year. Hmmmm. Not sure if somethings up at the kennel. 0-3 will have the hounds howling.

Blandbane. Real deal ? Still flakey away from home for mine. They need to win games like this to counter that thought.

Bit on the line tonight. As long as we’re not playing in them, don’t mind Thursday night games.

Pooncebourne v Cygnets might be a good tell on the season for these two.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
My boy JVR debuting for the Dees. And will take some back up ruck duties. Interesting watch.

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
My boy JVR debuting for the Dees. And will take some back up ruck duties. Interesting watch.
Not sure about the ruck impact but good luck to him, stats were really good in the VFL last week.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Good to see your namesake back with the club last week. Looks perfect size now to play defence. :))
Missing the trademark locks, fashion tips been passed onto Sinclair & Bailey Smith however. Underrated player was Bully, probably our best CHB from 85-2000. I only count Wigney as having a similar impact but his tenure was short lived.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Missing the trademark locks, fashion tips been passed onto Sinclair & Bailey Smith however. Underrated player was Bully, probably our best CHB from 85-2000. I only count Wigney as having a similar impact but his tenure was short lived.
Totally agree. Had a funny running style but always played hard.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Wigney was fantastic, but such a short period until injury ruined his career, and yes Bulluss was underrated- cos we were mostly rubbish, and he looked so uncoordinated.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Not sure about the ruck impact but good luck to him, stats were really good in the VFL last week.
If he can pinch hit and take some centre square work it significantly increases his value, also suggests that his leap is better than has been critiqued on here.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Wigney was fantastic, but such a short period until injury ruined his career, and yes Bulluss was underrated- cos we were mostly rubbish, and he looked so uncoordinated.
Commentators frequently used the word 'ungainly' but he was a very competent intercept player & could handle the likes of Carey & co, it took Richmond nearly a decade to sort out the defence, plenty of trial and error. Scott Turner & Paul Bulluss not your glamourous spine but at least they extracted every ounce of talent they had at their disposal.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
If he can pinch hit and take some centre square work it significantly increases his value, also suggests that his leap is better than has been critiqued on here.
Also the kicking depth which concerns me, I think he really struggles with anything outside the arc. In any case, best of luck to the lad, will watch with keen interest.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Go Doggies
Flying French Bulldog GIF by Frank Macchia

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hate both sides. Would probably prefer dogs to win as I think they are a lesser finals threat.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We have to play the Dogs next week.

Therefore, I want Blandbane to crush them, and keep them down, and not give them an inch of momentum before they play us.

Reactions: 2 users