Round 5 V Williamstown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 V Williamstown

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
caesar said:
Just on RCD, once again his handball to kick ratio was 2 to 1, (6 kicks 12 handballs), it replicated his stats from last week. Will be a much more damaging player if he can even up those numbers somewhat, 6 kicks a game is just too low.
thats generally a bit of a belief factor , baker handballed last last year , now he uses his wheels on gets it on the boot . Cripps handballs a lot fwiw

J

Jumping Jack

caesar said:
Just on RCD, once again his handball to kick ratio was 2 to 1, (6 kicks 12 handballs), it replicated his stats from last week. Will be a much more damaging player if he can even up those numbers somewhat, 6 kicks a game is just too low.

Patty Cripps and Nat Fyfe probably had similar ratios early on too... Once he builds the strength to burst away from contested situations is when we’ll see that ratio balance out.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
CRips this year
Avg 11k 18hb
Tom Mitchell usually similar , personally I prefer kickers as they’ll generally hurt the oppo more , it’s my slight knock on Cripps

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
caesar said:

I don’t care if he handballs it, kicks it or headbutts it... if he can win a clearance - get him in!!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
On Fly's post game interview at about 50 seconds some one took a hanger, was that Miller?

Good to see Egg and Turner get good numbers again.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
tigerman said:
On Fly's post game interview at about 50 seconds some one took a hanger, was that Miller?

Good to see Egg and Turner get good numbers again.

No that was Paty Naish

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
have not see much VFL this year Egg must have come on leaps and bounds, he was very ordinary in the 2018 finals....did not look VFL standard 8-9 months back.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
I know there's a big push on for Naish but from what I have seen Egg seems to have more game. I'd like to see him at AFL level.
I like the look of ES, a calm smooth player with a lovely left foot. Hope he makes it.

E

easy_tiger

Tigers of Old said:
I know there's a big push on for Naish but from what I have seen Egg seems to have more game. I'd like to see him at AFL level.

1 egg doth not an ommlette make.

Great news on Naishy.

Sounds like the forward line may be temporarily renamed

From The Lynch Mob,

To The Institute of Performing Aarts?

Im yet to see Naishy play, but have Lachy Whitfield as my goal. Fair?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
caesar said:
No that was Paty Naish

Thanks caesar, i see on the same clip he took another strong mark on the back flank. Overhead marking is a good string to have to his bow, he must be close to debuting.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
tigerman said:
Thanks caesar, i see on the same clip he took another strong mark on the back flank. Overhead marking is a good string to have to his bow, he must be close to debuting.

Apologies tigerman, i didn't realize there were 2 good marks featured in the package. The first one wasn't Naish the 2nd was.

Unclear who took the first one, looks a bit like Towner and I do remember him taking a good mark not sure if that was it?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tiger Pops said:
have not see much VFL this year Egg must have come on leaps and bounds, [size=10pt]he was very ordinary in the 2018 finals....did not look VFL standard 8-9 months back.[/size]

Tiger-Pops, were you aware that Derek virtually missed the entire season in 2018 due to Shin-Splints and could not do any training loads. In fact he played the last 2 games only leading into the finals, (that is only 4 games total). Deserves not to be judged at all on what he did last year.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I went along yesterday with Caesar 7 neither of us were confident but what a great day we had

As an aside, The umpiring is consistent as we were royally screwed as is generally the case @ AFL level

# 27 especially was either grossly incompetent or ................

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
caesar said:
Apologies tigerman, i didn't realize there were 2 good marks featured in the package. The first one wasn't Naish the 2nd was.

Unclear who took the first one, looks a bit like Towner and I do remember him taking a good mark not sure if that was it?
First one looked like CJ to me. If not him, Miller, but history says far more likely to have been CJ.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
spook said:
First one looked like CJ to me. If not him, Miller, but history says far more likely to have been CJ.

I think it's one of CCJ and Miller, initially i thought it was Miller, but that's probably me hoping it was him. It was good to read Fly's report on Miller, “Played his best game for the season. His eight contested possessions was a feature, and his aerial work really stood-out."

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
tigerman said:
I think it's one of CCJ and Miller, initially i thought it was Miller, but that's probably me hoping it was him. It was good to read Fly's report on Miller, “Played his best game for the season. His eight contested possessions was a feature, and his aerial work really stood-out."

Miller's aerial work was the most pleasing aspect as that is where i have/had my biggest doubts and were starting to believe he was average in this area rather than just lacking confidence. Jury still out but promising signs.