Round 6 VFL - Coburg v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 VFL - Coburg v Richmond

Geez the flogs love Samson. How did he get that free?? Good kick and goal. Go Samson.....shows a bit to the Coburg ferals.

Frees 23-15.....Samson with a lot......something's wrong here....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Cumbo has a poor set shot routine. Stutter steps and sort of moves out to one side as though trying for extra distance. With his seventh shot on goal he just ran straight in and kicked a nice drop punt right through the hi diddle diddle.

Coulthard is so smooth. Kicking is great. Could he fill the Lambo role? He runs up and down the ground all day.

Reactions: 1 user
Cumberland played well last week and backed it up again today.
14 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles and kicked 1 goal and 6 behinds.

Coulthard played well, I liked his game. 17 disposals, 8 marks and 1 goal

Samson Ryan also played well, 14 disposals, 5 marks and 2 goals

MaAuliffe 22 disposals, 5 tackles and 5 clearances

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Yep, those that are bleating so hard for Cumbo to be in the team clearly aren't watching the VFL games.

Takes shots without looking to play on burning team mates. Poor kicks inside 50 to defenders advantage. He's certainly working hard, but his delivery by foot at the moment is horrible.
I have to agree. His disposal is very sloppy. Requires tougher coaching to sort him out - stop playing on at all costs. Find some poise; have a good look for the best option, execute the kick/HB correctly.

Cumbo is the highest-ranked Richmond player on the ground and 4th highest from every player on the ground but hey let's keep potting him.

Cumbo is the highest-ranked Richmond player on the ground and 4th highest from every player on the ground but hey let's keep potting him.
Imagine if he had have played 4 quarters!

His first half was poor. 3 or 4 kicks, 1 or 2 tackles and 1 or 2 points - one of which was a dribble kick that hit the post from 10-15 metres out.
His direct opponent (#9 for Coburg) had double the possessions most of which were uncontested and effective. While Cumbo was just jogging around by himself at the start of the game, his oppo was running from contest to contest, getting involved and helping to create turnovers from contests on their half back line.
Combo went to the bench mid to late in the first, and after that was staying much closer to his opponent.
He did have a couple of really good kicks that set up Kosi and Samson (I think) for goals in the second. His field kicking can be really good.

He should have owned the third quarter, was getting more involved, but missed some gettable goals and, as others mentioned, burned some teammates in better positions.
I was standing behind the benches in the last quarter, and it was good to see he was in good spirits when he came off for a rest, having a joke with the coaches, and then seeing his teammates get around him when he finally got his goal showed that he’s popular with the group.

I’m not a hater, but you can see from his first half what’s keeping him back.
I’d love to see him in the firsts, but there is definitely no conspiracy going on that’s preventing him getting selected.

Based on his second half, he’s not far away.

• Dislike
Reactions: 10 users
Imagine if he had have played 4 quarters!

His first half was poor. 3 or 4 kicks, 1 or 2 tackles and 1 or 2 points - one of which was a dribble kick that hit the post from 10-15 metres out.
His direct opponent (#9 for Coburg) had double the possessions most of which were uncontested and effective. While Cumbo was just jogging around by himself at the start of the game, his oppo was running from contest to contest, getting involved and helping to create turnovers from contests on their half back line.
Combo went to the bench mid to late in the first, and after that was staying much closer to his opponent.
He did have a couple of really good kicks that set up Kosi and Samson (I think) for goals in the second. His field kicking can be really good.

He should have owned the third quarter, was getting more involved, but missed some gettable goals and, as others mentioned, burned some teammates in better positions.
I was standing behind the benches in the last quarter, and it was good to see he was in good spirits when he came off for a rest, having a joke with the coaches, and then seeing his teammates get around him when he finally got his goal showed that he’s popular with the group.

I’m not a hater, but you can see from his first half what’s keeping him back.
I’d love to see him in the firsts, but there is definitely no conspiracy going on that’s preventing him getting selected.

Based on his second half, he’s not far away.

Sorry, this is what I mean your first thought is to pot him, look for the negatives.

My goodness, who plays 4 quarters as a small to-med forward. It's a tough gig and he had 7 shots on goal. plus 6 tackles and 6 marks.
Instead of finding faults just applaud him on his game. We have two players in Mansell and Campbell who not only drift in and out of games but haven't hit the scoreboard in 3 and 5 weeks respectively.

Highest ranked Richmond player on the ground. 4th highest overall enough said.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry, this is what I mean your first thought is to pot him, look for the negatives.

My goodness, who plays 4 quarters as a small to-med forward. It's a tough gig and he had 7 shots on goal. 6 tackles, 6 marks.
Instead of finding faults just applaud him on his game. We have two players in Mansell and Campbell who not only drift in and out of games but haven't hit the scoreboard in 3 and 5 weeks respectively.

Highest ranked Richmond player on the ground. 4th highest overall enough said.
I was only posting what I saw. Don’t know how that’s potting him.

I was only posting what I saw. Don’t know how that’s potting him.

What you saw must of been different to many others because you're finding fault in a game where he played well. They are very good numbers apart from his kicking on goal.
You talk about burning teammates I literally saw him pass 3 times to players leading up to him and a hand too to a player in a better spot so i disagree on that point.

Potting him is finding microscope faults

What did you think of his first half? Was he the highest ranking player with 3 kicks and a point?

I did give him credit for the rest of his game if you bother to read further.
Just giving my overview of the game quarter by quarter instead of as a whole which can add some insight

Reactions: 3 users
Watched a bit of the game , liked K Mac2s ball winning ability , class above the mids at this level , liked Coulthards run , would have liked to see a little more of taking them on , however good signs , definitely another positive game from Ryan , looking like a ruck who goes forward in the coaches eyes .

Taz looks AFL to me , didn’t see a lot of Smith or Trezise today In the bits I watched , however just good to see those 200 gamers out on the park.

Wilson looks a bloody good footballer, is an AFL type though ?

Watched a bit of the game , liked K Mac2s ball winning ability , class above the mids at this level , liked Coulthards run , would have liked to see a little more of taking them on , however good signs , definitely another positive game from Ryan , looking like a ruck who goes forward in the coaches eyes .

Taz looks AFL to me , didn’t see a lot of Smith or Trezise today In the bits I watched , however just good to see those 200 gamers out on the park.

Wilson looks a bloody good footballer, is an AFL type though ?

McAuliffe just looks a player to me. His disposal is also very nice, just looks good in traffic.

I like Wilson too, but reckon he'd be too small at the next level above, would be pigeon holed as a small forward which I don't think is where his strengths lie.