Round 7 other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 other games

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They do seem to have gone under the radar after being prelim finalists in 2018 to being 16th now. And their recruiting policy that seemed to hang on getting big name players from other clubs , Wingard, Scully, Mitchell, Patton. O’Meara
Nah straight sets in 2018 Tim. We smacked them in the QF and the Dees rolled them in the SF. Worst top 4 team I can recall.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
They do seem to have gone under the radar after being prelim finalists in 2018 to being 16th now. And their recruiting policy that seemed to hang on getting big name players from other clubs , Wingard, Scully, Mitchell, Patton. O’Meara
And they overpaid in terms of cap space or draft picks in every one of those deals.

Totally misread the list, the top four was a myth.

RCD, Naish, MRJ, Dow and CCJ would be getting regular games. Bar Day and CJ there’s nothing on that list that looks good.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Gee Hawthorn have years to go. List build has been horrible for five years. Haven’t even bottomed out yet.
Yep, their list rebuild has been truly awful but it goes back longer than 5 years.

They basically added nothing to their list during their premierships years dating right back to 2012. Continually traded away picks for hacks and those they did keep they wasted. Tried to fix the massive list gaps they’d developed by paying massive overs for the likes of O’Meara but it hasn’t helped because he’s a shadow of the player he was early in his career. The less said about recent acquisitions like Patton and Scully the better.

Fortunately we haven’t fallen for the same traps as Hawthorn did. We’ve kept our draft picks and continually brought in new young talent every year even while winning premiership. We’ll eventually fall down the ladder but guys Graham, Bolton, Balta, Baker and Short will provide a good foundation to build the next generation on.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Gee Hawthorn have years to go. List build has been horrible for five years. Haven’t even bottomed out yet.

Hard to recall a time when so many clubs have been so far below the standard of the comp.

North, Collingwood and Hawthorn have rancid lists.

Carlton not that far off them. Adelaide and Essendon showing signs but as Tigers supporters we know that that can mean nothing.

And can see Geelong joining this parade as well in the next few years.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If i hear 'Buckley is a good coach' this week i will spew up
See I think he's a great coach. I reckon they should sign him up on a 5+ year deal so he doesn't go (and *smile* up) somewhere else. Let the Figgy stint at Lollingwood stay forever!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
But... but Sydney. Gary, the Badger, Fudd, Mince, just about every media “expert” told me Sydney were amazing. Just fantastic. Ooooh Don Pyke ! What a game plan ! Best kids ever ! So exciting...could win the premiership.

Uh-oh. Another blown-load media beat up.

Lift you bunch of overrates ! Get back into it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Feb 25, 2007
Go Swans and Lions

Port when they play at home its always 25 V 22. They have an air of confidence
Away from home they are average at best

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Port away from home are useless.
Pity they only get double up games against Stkilda and Footscary from last year's top 8.
And Geelong are still the same old *smile* side.
The longer duds like Dalhouse, Miers and Tvoey play, we will continue to slap them

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
But... but Sydney. Gary, the Badger, Fudd, Mince, just about every media “expert” told me Sydney were amazing. Just fantastic. Ooooh Don Pyke ! What a game plan ! Best kids ever ! So exciting...could win the premiership.

Uh-oh. Another blown-load media beat up.

Lift you bunch of overrates ! Get back into it.
:mhihi

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
We've played Gold Coast ten times.
In six of those games, we have been the designated home team.
One was last year at the Gabba.
Another two actually were at the MCG.
The other three were the first three which were all at Cairns, and if I'm not mistaken, it was our decision to sell them.

That’s interesting. The question needs to be asked, why have we only played them once a year, every year?

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Did anyone know Hickey has played for 4 clubs and in 4 different states.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Swans are the best team ever. Best young kids. Pyke is a genius. Premiership favourites.

Cmon Cygnets. Just beat Geewhinge.