Round 9: the duds who stand on a moving walkway games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 9: the duds who stand on a moving walkway games.

Take the *smile* stairs you lazy *smile*
Sometimes there are only escalators!

Why would you walk on a moving walkway? It’s there so you don’t have to walk!
If you wanna walk, don’t use it and leave it for us duds!
They're to get you where you want to go faster, eg. to your gate for a flight.

Yep, I'm with you on this, if you want to walk they make stairs for you. In any case, if my vertigo is bad I find it difficult to walk on escalators so you have to account for different people's needs.

DS
As long as you stand to the left so I can pass we won't have a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Well done BB. They showed some bounce back fight last night. Walsh dominated. Not bad for a guy with a very dodgy back.
I wish I shared your enthusiasm! Though Walsh was great!

Based on what I've seen so far, this is going to be another wasted season for nearly a third decade in a row. Until I see some concrete evidence that this group has what it takes to win it this year, then celebrating wins that ultimately lead to nowhere just seems empty.

Winning's always better than losing, but an inch the other side would have spelt catastrophe. It's happening far too often.

Take the four points and move on I guess, but I do think a win last night papers over a few cracks.

Reactions: 3 users
Wonder what they do to combat it
Maybe get rid of the wings make it 16 a side with more interchanges and 6 on the bench?
That should open up the play
666 was supposed to open up the game but did not after centre bounce.

Reactions: 1 user
Just another pathetic AFLHQ brain fart. They simply keep fiddlin around the edges of the game with a 1960's mindset instead of even considering a complete holistic revamp that suits for a game of the 2020's and future.

Can argue a strong case that none of the rules the AFL have brought in since 2008 have had the desired effect. In fact, most of them have probably had the opposite effect of what was intended.

Reactions: 3 users
Can argue a strong case that none of the rules the AFL have brought in since 2008 have had the desired effect. In fact, most of them have probably had the opposite effect of what was intended.
...and made the game much harder to officiate.

It's like signage in public buildings. "This signage is not working, we need more signs!"

No, what we need is fewer, clearer signs.

Reactions: 4 users
Cornes is an idiot. Carlton's Top 5 are the best in the AFL? Yep, Weitering is a gun, and Cripps/Walsh are a very good 1/2 mid combo. But Mackay/Curnow can be inconsistent.

And he said Curnow played well on May???

One thing last night showed is Curnow is not a great player. May destroyed him. Outbodied, outmarked, outplayed him. Curnow's 2 goals were a bit of luck. He chased easy possessions in the backline. He was almost soft IMO. It was not a key forward game at all, it was a guy who gave up beating his direct opponent in the contest and went looking for easier times.

Hard to see Carlton beating Melbourne in a final, nor the likes of Swans/GWS/Pies.

Reactions: 1 user
Voss slapped Badloss around. That helped. Marc Pittonet flogged Max Gawn. Gawn was useless. There's a number that shows this. It's GBG. Gawn gets to dance around in a ballroom every week and gather loose against a ruckman. He didn't get to do that last night. Pittonet was denying Gawn the ballroom, often keeping the ball in close and gathering. Most of Gawn's game is GBG. He got 1. Pittonet got 5.

This was not pivotal but it was important. Gawn runs set plays largely through Viney. Viney has cover. You defend Petracca and Oliver. Viney gets a free pass to roll the dice. Gawn wasn't able to run these plays and his Score Launch was down. Pittonet beat him there too. And at SI. It was comprehensive. It was Voss.

Pivotal performances. Oliver looks underdone, even fat. Good. And he has a broken arm and can't use it. He is classes above anybody who has pulled on a Carlton guernsey this century and for some of last. But he's *smile* atm. He was flogged. By battlers.

Petracca was being tagged by Newman. Even when the Narrms got going they had no forwards so Petracca went forward. He got 10 SI and was clearly BOG IMO. I don't see how he can do any better. Oliver will improve but that was peak Petracca.

Looking to the rest of 2024 Melbourne may see the return of peak Oliver (#1 in the AFL IMO.) But they were full strength last night.

And that's the big deal. The Dees have no forwards. Pickett's not bad - he was flogged. Their mids after Oliver/Petracca are mediocre at best. The Dees have no small backs. Mediocre at best. They have two elite tall backs who shaded two champion opponents last night. 31yo McDonald can get less fumbly. He did during the game. But the Blues champions will improve if their mids learn to kick.

The Blues on the other hand had one massive dud on the night. Mr Turnover Sam Walsh. His worst ever game was 40 touches for 2 SI. Not even Matt Crouch has managed that. Last night Bungles had 34 for 4 SI. One of his SI was a goal so that was good. 10 Turnover.

Walsh does not work dangerous areas, lurks at the back then pounces on loose before turning it over. Works perimeter and behind. Runs away from goal. Has no plan for the ball. Runs around like an under twelve. No evidence of a football education or a football brain. And that's very good for Carlton.

Cripps was a bit off on the night but he worked dangerous areas and often uses better than that. Voss taught Cripps areas and hurt.

Voss can teach Walsh areas and hurt. He can do it this year if he can keep Walsh on the park. Walsh can level up once, twice and again. Coaches love bad games like Walsh's. It's almost impossible not to improve them.

A bit of dash from half back wouldn't hurt. Billy Wilson ready for a chance yet?

Oh. I've forgotten Tom de Viking. This bloke is an area dispruptor. Every time he jumps he disrupts all the formations and the planning. Everybody's. He is a mobile Fukushima. But he's getting better. And was really useful when forward at times. Another time Fists of Flimsy slapped him but eh, TDK falls over a lot. TDK was just too athletic for Gawn in the air. This bloke is a comer and he is learning.

The Voss shaped backline is ideal in its shape. Much better with Lewis Young out. The roles are largely right. The athletic types are right. He could do with better personnel. A Wilson type would be terrific. A Saad would help. Even a half sound Zac Williams gives them some leg speed.

The Baggers can improve.

Reactions: 2 users