Sack the Board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sack the Board

R

rampagingtiger

Its time for a revolution peoples. Its time to sack the board. If they dont have the balls to make the hard decisions they should knick off and let others make them. Frawley, Beck, Hutchison, Brittain, Spargo, Wheadon and Crocker need to go. NOW. They have completely stuffed things up. They are no good for us. If Clinton Casey doesnt wanna sack them...he should resign. If he hadnt of let Miller change the contract clause Frawley would have gone by now. Its not on. We didnt elect Miller we elected Casey. Casey should run the joint and if he doesnt want to, then he should leave.

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
I believe that sacking the board is NOT the answer to solving the clubs problems at this point in time.

In fairness to Clinton Casey, I think that he has made some very good changes and appointments in his time.

Remember that Casey got rid of former CEO Mark Brayshaw who I am led to believe was the major reason behind ordinary players such as David Bourke and Craig Biddiscombe receiving ridiculously generous contracts for lengthy periods of time - part of the reason why we have depth issues and have had salary cap issues in the past. Casey has appointed Ian Cambell in his place and from all reports Ian is very highly respected and comes to Tigerland with excellent credentials.

Casey also has appointed a very well credentialled Director of Football who has a history of success at the Kangaroos in Greg Miller. If in securing the services of Miller, Miller demanded that Frawley be given an additional year on his contract then I don't think you can blame Casey for taking the advice of Miller.

I think that both Campbell and Miller are excellent figureheads to have at the Club. Campbell can drive the off field side of the club while Millers involvement will ensure that the club becomes more competitive over time on the field.

The fact is that Frawley has a year to go on his contract. By sacking him, the rest of the coaching staff would also be likely to go and the Tigers would be forced to honour contracts upward of $1Million.

I think Casey and the Board would be more than aware how disappointing the past couple of years have been and how we were way off the mark after 2001 in thinking that we were only a couple of players and a year or two away from a Premiership. I am certain that everyone in the club would realise that another disappointing year would leave the club and the Directors with no option but to get rid of Frawley and most of the coaching staff.

The fact that the club hasn't imploded has been one of the positives from the past two years. Atleast we do stand the chance to get a decent coach if Frawley doesn't perform next year. Previously some top coaches have steered clear of the Tigers simply because previous Boards had no hesitation in sacking coaches.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
We need some stability in the club. Sacking board members willy-nilly is not the way to go. I have been vocal about Frawley but I am beginning to think more about some of the players and what appears to be their attitude to playing or non-playing. I think it gets back to the fact that we have a lot of players who just don't have the skills necessary in today's game - or in the case of the Tiges, next year's games.
A core of good players can make the next level of players look better than they are, but I just get the impression that there are many Richmond players only concerned with their own effort instead of the "team thing".
The draft and trade times will be the decider to how we go next year...but it's going to be a long hard struggle.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Young Tiger said:
Remember that Casey got rid of former CEO Mark Brayshaw who I am led to believe was the major reason behind ordinary players such as David Bourke and Craig Biddiscombe receiving ridiculously generous contracts for lengthy periods of time - part of the reason why we have depth issues and have had salary cap issues in the past. Casey has appointed Ian Cambell in his place and from all reports Ian is very highly respected and comes to Tigerland with excellent credentials.

Top post Young Tiger.

Spot on about our former CEO too.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Great Post Young Tiger.

Off field the club certainly seems to be heading in the right direction and as Roar34 said we won't see the fruits of this on field at least until after the trade draft/period and even then it will only be partially realised due to the system.

Not even Harry HOUDINI could undo what has been done over the last 20 years, in 1 or even 2 years.

I think even MILLER is realising that the task is even greater than he first anticipated, largely because many of our players have no trade value what so ever.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Here here Rampaging - totally agree.

This trade/draft period is vital...........if the club continues its band aid recruiting and gets other teams rejects then I urge all tiger fans to pick up their pitch forks and head straight to punt road.........if this occurs casey and the board must go as they are the ones dictating the direction of the club and they are the ones placing the faith in the footy dept.

I don't agree with the notion of sticking with a coach just to make appearances that we are stable and that we will be better able to attract a coach next year..........you stick with the coach for the basic reason that he is good and the club is confident in his abilities.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Harry said:
I don't agree with the notion of sticking with a coach just to make appearances that we are stable and that we will be better able to attract a coach next year..........you stick with the coach for the basic reason that he is good and the club is confident in his abilities.

Bingo Harry. Hit that big fat nail on the head.

Unfortunately we have now gone the otherway in that we are now so scared to act for the right reason as much as the wrong reason.

The AFL environment is now far to cut throat, to allow perceptions to cloud your judgement will ultimately hurt the club. Just what we can't afford in these times.

I guess I just keep clinging to the hope that there is some secret agenda that will all be revealed.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
If it takes a board takeover to get rid of that buffoon Frawley and his non achieving players and coaching staff, so be it.
If you reckon stability off the field is a good thing, while we are coached by an incompetant fool and keep him for the sake of it, you are bigger fools than Clinton Casey and the clowns running the club down the toliet.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
All the ferals are hailing Miller as the great messiah....this is the same man who called Frawley a great coach. He has blown a lot of winfd in the last week well he has set himself up lets see if he delivers. Personally he last me when he called Frawley a great coach

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Laff said:
All the ferals are hailing Miller as the great messiah....

Laff - I reckon you must be the biggest feral of them all. All you ever do on this site is "attack" anyone connected with the club.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Young tiger, do you believe those duds who run our club should be immune from Laffs attacks? 14 wins out of 44-46 is some great record that demands our respect!!!

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Why wouldnt I they fell away this year in pitiful circumstances....if you said to me after R8 we would win 1 more game for the year I would have laughed and a similar thing last year........its time to deliver I pay big money and I want some success in return.....they have nothing going for them that deserve any praise when they win games and play finals I will praise them and not before

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
diggler said:
Young tiger, do you believe those duds who run our club should be immune from Laffs attacks? 14 wins out of 44-46 is some great record that demands our respect!!!

Diggler - If you read back through the history of my posts, you will see that I am as disappointed as anyone is with the lack of success of this club over the past twenty years (in particular the past two years). I suggest that you read the post that I started last Sunday titled "2003 another underperforming year" as evidence of this.

However I do not believe that every single player on our list is a hack or that every single person at our club is a dud. This obviously differs to the opinion of you and Laff who constantly tell us otherwise.

I would be interested to see how you and Laff would rebuild the club after you have delisted the entire playing list, sacked all of the coaching staff and booted out the Board of Directors?

If you think you can do a better job than Clinton Casey, then why don't you run for President? If you can convince me that you would do a better job then I would vote for you.

However, I don't think that sacking EVERY person at the club will necessarily lead to on-field success for the Richmond Football Club.