Sad news | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sad news

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm shattered to have just been informed that one of our long term, regular site members died today. Andrew (alias cassidy, broderick, six pack etc etc) might have had a lot of issues on PRE but I was told today he loved this site.

Very, very sad.

R.I.P. Tiger. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. :'(

A tribute to Andrew. He'd know why.

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ibl6PIKPM[/youtube]

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Geez what's going on?

RIP to another PREnder. I remembered him as Six pack and a cassidy years ago.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
Man, thanks for all the many adventures over the years, catch you in the big shed in the sky, save me a beer and a slice of pizza. Love you man, a great tiger always !!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TC said:
Man, thanks for all the many adventures over the years, catch you in the big shed in the sky, save me a beer and a slice of pizza. Love you man, a great tiger always !!!

Condolences on the loss of your good mate TC. :(

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
Thanks Rosy, and you heard correctly, contrary to popular belief, he did love this site and he certainly loved his tigers

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
I toomet Andrew, through PRE. A wonderful man who was incredibly generous to me. Very very sad news

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
Wow. Six Pack. Had a couple of light hearted stoushes with him. Not nice news at all. :-\

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep, I remember Six Pack. Condolences to Andrew's family and friends.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
I only found out about this on Monday afternoon. I was completely taken aback.

Since then I have tried to be irreverent, the way we used to be. However I have found this has affected me a great deal.

I wish a lot of things, especially that we could have those times again (and I am very glad we had the chance to have them once) when we used to wind each other up, and make ourselves laugh, at a time when everyone in the General Section was always up for it and the barbs and jokes flew thick and fast.

And I especially wish that once he'd worked out who I was he'd come up and said g'day on the terrace at Kardinia Park all those years ago, and that I'd got to meet him and shake his hand.

He was complex, and misunderstood, and incredibly funny.

The man was a star.

Rest in peace.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ready said:
I only found out about this on Monday afternoon. I was completely taken aback.

Since then I have tried to be irreverent, the way we used to be. However I have found this has affected me a great deal.

I wish a lot of things, especially that we could have those times again (and I am very glad we had the chance to have them once) when we used to wind each other up, and make ourselves laugh, at a time when everyone in the General Section was always up for it and the barbs and jokes flew thick and fast.

And I especially wish that once he'd worked out who I was he'd come up and said g'day on the terrace at Kardinia Park all those years ago, and that I'd got to meet him and shake his hand.

He was complex, and misunderstood, and incredibly funny.

The man was a star.

Rest in peace.

Unfortunately I read your post before going to bed Ready and I haven't been able to sleep. Andrew's death has affected me too. Deeply. I've wondered if in any small way I could have helped him.

I once asked someone on here who I know had contact with him on another forum if he'd mind having a few words with him in private. I was starting to feel very threatened. The behaviour of his online persona was really irrational. I hoped a chat from his mate might help him, and me, but the person virtually had a crack at me and said he didn't want to be involved.

Six Pack could well have had a hundred identities on PRE. He had a current account he was using recently. Most times he'd go ok for a while but it seemed was never happy unless the centre of attention, even if that was at others' expense. He constantly sent me emails regardless of repeated requests to leave me alone. Sometimes having a crack at how the forum was run or something I'd said. Other times to suggest a cd I might like, give gardening tips or even give me advice about going to a psychiatrist. I asked him heaps to leave me alone and suggested he get help. His harassment was way over the top. It really freaked me out at times.

This is an example. He'd start threads like this on other forums, at least 3 that I know of, then send me anonymous emails about them.

I agree PRE isn't the fun it used to be. That's the case on many levels. It's a real shame but such is life. Social media and forums can be the pits. I've seriously questioned the value of keeping PRE going. I feel there's a responsibility because it's such a popular community but this has really tested me.

Yes Six Pack could be very funny. Yes he was complex.. extremely so. I think he even misunderstood himself. By his own admission his "characters" took over when he "role played". Those who knew him tell me his internet persona was far removed from what he was like as a person. I'm happy to know that.

If there could possibly be a positive legacy from this tragic situation I'd hope it was that people tried to help their friends, even if only a cyber friendship, when their behaviour is irrational or they harass others. Maybe the need for attention could in some small way be a cry for help. Maybe a redirection back to the right track and a bit of support could make all the difference. Then again maybe not. :'(

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
I have been looking back at a lot of old threads in the dungeon and remembering some very good times.

Strange how that can happen on an internet message board with people you never meet, and it feels real. And when one is gone before his time then Jesus, it really does feel real.

But we had a hell of a lot of fun in those days. I was not in a great state myself for a lot of that period, but this was when was one of those making me laugh and enjoy myself. Made me laugh out loud. Reading some of those threads, still does. Read part of his blog from last year, stuff was coming out of my nose and I was gasping for breath. This was his gift to other people, and only I hope he knew how much they appreciated it, still do, and always will.