Salary Cap Payments !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Salary Cap Payments !!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Very successful Rugby union UK club Saracens have been done for rorty the salary cap by paying firms owned by players thus breaching the Clubs salary cap. Would not be happening here would it ?.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Has any one else noticed that Sydney only have 37 players on their Primary list, even though the minimum number is 38? That is highly unusual. I would suggest that Sydney can’t fit another player in, given Franklin’s contract.

The AFL must be helping them out by letting them go one short of the minimum.

How many years does he have left?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Has any one else noticed that Sydney only have 37 players on their Primary list, even though the minimum number is 38? That is highly unusual. I would suggest that Sydney can’t fit another player in, given Franklin’s contract.

Pretty sure he has 3 years remaining 2022 would be his last season aged 36

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Surely not....

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Surely not....

The AFL bending their own rules to help out a Northern State club. Surely that would never happen!

When Daniher goes there next season they will have about five players on their Primary list and 40 rookies.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The AFL bending their own rules to help out a Northern State club. Surely that would never happen!

When Daniher goes there next season they will have about five players on their Primary list and 40 rookies.
Yep. We all know Gill the Dill's a bender....

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

I count 37 on main list and 9 on their rookie list. Maybe they still have time to upgrade from rookie list?

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Not sure but they might be obliged to use the mid season draft.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I count 37 on main list and 9 on their rookie list. Maybe they still have time to upgrade from rookie list?
They'll promote a rookie prior to the season starting. Nothing to see here. God I can't wait until the footy starts and we have real things to talk about.

Reactions: 1 users