Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I actually feel sorry for the parents.
They flew down and the kid was like a fish out of water.

Reactions: 1 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
He just isn’t physically ready regardless of his height. Really poor selection. The selectors need to drop themselves.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The only cheer and smile I gave all match was when Samson won his ruck contest.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Early injury didn't help his cause. Think he's tracking fine to become a champion forward of the game. The great Johnathon Brown didn't get a touch in his first game either. Sampson is following an uncannily similar path.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Was he ready? Probably not. Did he play well? No. But how do you expect him to have a good first game when the midfield was absolutely shocking. The rest of the team have to take some responsibility for how the rookie plays.

I liken it to being picked to play your first test match and to bat number 6. Only to walk out with the score at 4 for 7 in the 5th over. Senior team mates let him down to some degree.

I think his performance last night has absolutely no bearing on his future with us...good or bad.

Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
looked like a baby giraffe, but what's he going to do when that's being served up ...

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Reminded me very much of Chol’s first game. Did almost nothing and had to watch as his more experienced team mates *smile* the bed. That was the 100+ thrashing from the Swans end of 2016.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The best and worse week of Samson’s life in the same week.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Hard enough to impact a game on debut when the team is playing well.

Nigh on impossible to impact a game on debut when the team played like last night.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone see the footage before the game?
Dimma couldn’t remember his name. Some reporter had to tell him.

• Wow

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Five debuts for the season for a couple of disasters and maybe one success at this stage (RCD). Lost our touch on multiple fronts.
Mansell a success. Should be in for the rest of the year. Ralphy promising. MoJu should debut. Miller probably will. When was the last time we had seven debutantes in a year? Don't you win a flag six years later when you do that, or something like that?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As they say in racing form guides about a past run, “Forget.”

In other words, too many reasons to take much notice of his performance so just ignore that game all together and just keep looking forward.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
He rucked all right, got his hands up to it.
Not near it in regular play, obvs still too young.
Don't think we can blame the wet, its not like it was slipping out of his hands.
He'll get better and more ready for 2024

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It's lost two of its sharpest minds (Leppacella) and the wisdom and reason of Fly. Don't think we've replaced any of them and it's showing.
This. I have been banging on about it. What we put on the park is just as important as what we have in the coaches box. Strong footy heads to deal with adversity and be able to come up with solutions.
The coaches box reminds me of 2016.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Anyone see the footage before the game?
Dimma couldn’t remember his name. Some reporter had to tell him.
I have the the same problem, two first names, sometimes i get caught out calling him Ryan instead of Samson

• Haha