Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The year Max Gawn 209 was Sampson Ryan 206 age,

He played 13 games @ 9 disposals, 1 CM and half a goal

I can imagine Sampson exceeding that in 2023
Yeh, not many predicted Gawn to become what he has. He's a beast and easily the most impactful ruckman in the game. Plays as an oversized ruck rover at times.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Firstly, his name is Samson not bloody Sampson. Don't insult the great man.

The bandwagon started with only a handful of us - Smoking, Spook and one of two others.

More are seeing the light and it's starting to fill up.

There's gunna be more Ron Jeremy's on this one. That is for sure.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Also interesting stat.

We had circa 22 players play for quarters yesterday. In total they took 9 contested marks for the match.

The great man took 4 (equal most with Gawn for the match) in his one quarter alone.

This kid has everything to not just be a solid long term AFL player. But one of the pillars you build teams around.

The exciting part is we're gunna watch it develop before our eyes.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
His name is Samson not bloody Sampson. Don't insult the great man.

The bandwagon started with only a handful of us - Smoking, Spook and one of two others.

More are seeing the light and it's starting to fill up.

There's gunna be more Ron Jeremy's on this one. That is for sure.
Given your appalling punting and tipping record, and the fact you curse everything and anything known to man, Sampson has no hope now.

PRE would like you to tip us to NOT win the Premiership. Thank you.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
The great man took 4 (equal most with Gawn for the match) in his one quarter alone.

If you take just over 3 contested marks per game, you are the best in the competition (Tom Lynch 3.3).

His taking 4 in a quarter reinforces the intensity of the game for me. Not knocking him, just saying we need to see that quarter for what it was. A promising young player making the most of an opportunity to shine without much opposition.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Given your appalling punting and tipping record, and the fact you curse everything and anything known to man, Sampson has no hope now.

PRE would like you to tip us to NOT win the Premiership. Thank you.

Just been unlucky a couple of times.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He looked a bit down on confidence and lost yesterday.

I think Sampson has a big immediate future.

Angry, 206's, who can jump are very rare
But he’s not angry? What gives you that impression?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I got way more Ty Vick. The back pack mightn’t have a cat in it but it’s the same back pack.

He seemed to thrive on Clanger belting his ears 20 times each

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If you take just over 3 contested marks per game, you are the best in the competition (Tom Lynch 3.3).

His taking 4 in a quarter reinforces the intensity of the game for me. Not knocking him, just saying we need to see that quarter for what it was. A promising young player making the most of an opportunity to shine without much opposition.
Petty was playing on him. The last mark he took deep in our forward was against a man who had definitely not given up the fight as you say. Watch the replay and look at Pettys body language.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I am happy with young Delilah - the coaches saw enough last year to give him a taste when we had plenty of injuries - this year I could see him do a Millar and play half a dozen or more senior games.