Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

With this season just about cooked

Im playing Ryan in as many games as i can and be looking to trade out Soldo at the end of the year
With Soldo at the club we have basically a similar Ruckman to Nank with no 2nd position and cant have 2 of them

Ryan just looks so much more dynamic foward & Ruck and also with an eye on the future
Just give the kid a 5 year deal already

Reactions: 4 users
Ruckmen take time. It looks like this kid is okay but not much oppo today.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw him at halftime at the race. He was pretty bashed up. Good effort to keep going.

Reactions: 3 users
It has been a long time since I've seen a Richmond ruckman hit taps to our midfielders at will.

Regardless of the opposition.

Maybe never in my lifetime?

A 206 cm step forward today.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
It has been a long time since I've seen a Richmond ruckman hit taps to our midfielders at will.

Regardless of the opposition.

Maybe never in my lifetime?

A 206 cm step forward today.
Same here. Even better is that we birthed him just like Mark Lee.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Same here. Even better is that we birthed him just like Mark Lee.
Really good steady progress by Sam both as a forward and a ruckman.
His performance this year as per Cesar’s prediction, has been as good as anything else we have seen.

Don’t know if Ben Miller will retain his place when Soldo becomes available but I thought his second half today was very good. Along way to go yet but the results of his increased effort were pretty good.

Reactions: 6 users
I think we have one here. The one thing Ryan has which is so important in a ruckman especially a young one is aggression. Can't teach that. Miller could take a leaf out of Ryan's book

Reactions: 11 users
He stays in unless exhausted or injured.

His expedited development will probably be one of the most significant positives from this season.

Reactions: 15 users
Really good steady progress by Sam both as a forward and a ruckman.
His performance this year as per Cesar’s prediction, has been as good as anything else we have seen.

Don’t know if Ben Miller will retain his place when Soldo becomes available but I thought his second half today was very good. Along way to go yet but the results of his increased effort were pretty good.
I'd stick with Miller.

• Wow
Worked for a living today. Yes his tap work was very good but he got up and back today. He will be damaging as a ruck and forward.

Build the team around him.

Reactions: 9 users
I love Samson. They flashed his stats up on the scoreboard and he had 30 hitouts and 14 to advantage, and boy were they to advantage.

Bullus was all over Bailey Williams and reckons he will be a good ruckman, but Samson made him look very poor today.

Workrate - tick
Kicking - tick - another kicked from what 40-45 today
Hitouts - tick

Once he really starts clunking those marks, he's going to be very very good for us.

Reactions: 14 users
Soldo might be fit next week but personally I’d go with Samson again as our number 1 ruck who can drift forward and swap with Miller or even Biggie. 31 hitouts with 15 to advantage is straight up fire from the big lad in his 8th game. Working well around the ground too with defensive marks and a nice goal IMG_0593.png

I thought he was awesome today. His tapwork is precise. He creates a marking contest and he is good on the run and below the knees. Great game Samson!

Reactions: 9 users
I love Samson. They flashed his stats up on the scoreboard and he had 30 hitouts and 14 to advantage, and boy were they to advantage.

Bullus was all over Bailey Williams and reckons he will be a good ruckman, but Samson made him look very poor today.

Workrate - tick
Kicking - tick - another kicked from what 40-45 today
Hitouts - tick

Once he really starts clunking those marks, he's going to be very very good for us.
Yep! Williams was involved in 75 ruck contests, had 28 hitouts with only 6 hitouts to advantage… Samson was involved in 54 ruck contests for 31 hitouts, with 15 hitouts to advantage. Even Miller had a better hitout to advantage average than Williams - he was involved in 41 ruck contests with 20 hitouts and 8 hitouts to advantage. You’d think a ruckman who has played 34 games (and has been talked up constantly on here by a certain someone who said we should’ve split a first rounder pick for him and Bytel, who can’t get a game at the saints) would be all over an 8 gamer and a makeshift ruckman, but his numbers were very poor!!

Reactions: 3 users