Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season 2023

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Ok. So I've had a few reds and my mind is thinking accordingly.

But with Taranto and Hppper, Cotch and Jack's last year and further development of Sonsie, Juddy, Gibcus, Ross et al, I can't see how we don't make the GF.

With that in mind, I've just booked my flights to Melbourne for the GF next year. Am I crazy?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004

But with Taranto and Hppper, Cotch and Jack's last year and further development of Sonsie, Juddy, Gibcus, Ross et al, I can't see how we don't make the GF.

With that in mind, I've just booked my flights to Melbourne for the GF next year. Am I crazy?
Good Lord…what could go wrong.

*smile* it..I’m in, look out pussies we are home !

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

Yes.
Did you watch many of our games this year?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

No you're not crazy, just a crazy drunk:p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Yes.
Did you watch many of our games this year?

Every single one. Some multiple times. Outside our poor centre clearances and some defensive brain farts, we would have won this year.

Taranto and Hopper solve the first problem. The defensive issue needs full focus over pre season

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

You’re such an optimist.
You’ve probably rolled the dice and booked with JetStar too?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Don't want to spoil the party but Cotch and Jack are at that age where their performances could fall off a cliff. Who would have thought that Edwards would look like he was running in cement so quickly

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Plenty of things to look forward to in 23. Besides Taranto and Hopper I liked the look of the team late this year.
Cumberland came from nowhere, Maurice made himself a regular and Miller found a regular spot as a hybrid ruck.
It took us a long time to work out Balta is a backman and should play there 100% of the time. Dan found his mojo on the back flank.
Gibcus, Sonsie and Clark have had a taste and I reckon Banks and Brown will both be pushing hard to debut.

Reactions: 6 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Every single one. Some multiple times. Outside our poor centre clearances and some defensive brain farts, we would have won this year.

Taranto and Hopper solve the first problem. The defensive issue needs full focus over pre season
And the how built our great defensive structure is back........so that should be a (y)

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
In addition to clearance/stoppage & defensive improvement, we also need to address our strength & conditioning over this pre-season.

We came into 2022 looking underdone & had far too many soft tissue injuries during the season. Lot of work needed in this area, especially with the older players.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Anyone who thinks the GF will 100% be at the G next year and buys plane tickets accordingly is batsh!t crazy. I mean 2 out of the last 3 weren’t. Just crazy.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
While we are talking about our next flag year does anyone know the date when the draw is announced?

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
We also need Grimesy back being the general in defence. Our defence has always been our strength. It’s even papered over any weakness in our midfield.
In 23 the midfield will be strong so hopefully Truck can get make the backline click.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

Not crazy, I’ve allready booked a table at the London for brunch the morning after the GF

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Here’s my go at Rd 1 2023 , all been well.

FB Grimes - Tarrant- Vlastuin

HB Rioli- Balta- Broad

C Kmac- The Hop- Pickett

HF Edwards , Lambert Cumberland/Clarke-Lynch- Bolton

FF Martin- Jack- MJ

R Nankervis- Taranto- Prestia

I Cotchin- Baker-Short-Graham-Sonsie - Miller/Biggy

Its not bloody easy ,which is great , im hoping Biggy can have a great pre season and be able to play as a second ruck , I think the Skip will play a lot of the bench .

Pretty sure Baker, Short, Graham, Sonsie and some of the cubs will be part of the midfield rotation , just not sure what their other roles will be

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Here’s my go at Rd 1 2023 , all been well.

FB Grimes - Tarrant- Vlastuin

HB Rioli- Balta- Broad

C Kmac- The Hop- Pickett

HF Edwards , Lambert Cumberland/Clarke-Lynch- Bolton

FF Martin- Jack- MJ

R Nankervis- Taranto- Prestia

I Cotchin- Baker-Short-Graham-Sonsie - Miller/Biggy

Its not bloody easy ,which is great , im hoping Biggy can have a great pre season and be able to play as a second ruck , I think the Skip will play a lot of the bench .

Pretty sure Baker, Short, Graham, Sonsie and some of the cubs will be part of the midfield rotation , just not sure what their other roles will be
Liking the Biggy inclusion. He seems to get forgotten about, but like you I have the same hopes for him in 2023.