Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season 2023

That is about the right combination. There are a few changes I would like to see.

Shorty needs to come out of the midfield rotation. He lacks physical size to compete with the bigger mids and is not quick enough or explosive enough to compensate. We were getting into trouble when our centre square combinations had both Short and Bolton and sometimes even Baker. All good players but together in the centre square?

I would either move him back to defence or onto a wing. He could be damaging on the wing. That might also lead to Pickett playing more in the middle as a defensive mid or even as a high half forward or part of the defensive forward set up.

Otherwise that is a good starting team.

As the year progresses, we need to make room for more juniors. Ryan, Biggie, Ralph, Banks, Brown and Bauer all need a few games. If we are going to make the GF, at least one of them will probably be there. We won’t make it otherwise.

Reactions: 1 users
B: Grimes Tarrant Vlastuin
HB: Rioli Balta Baker
C: Macintosh Tarranto Pickett
HF: Martin Lynch Bolton
FF: Cumberland Riewoldt M Rioli
Foll: Nankervis Prestia Hopper
Int: Broad Cotchin Short Miller

Emerg: Ross Sonsie Graham Castsgna

No room for Gibcus anyone???
I think he will be there , just can’t put him in front of anyone atm.

TOT70 agree shorty decent option on a wing at times , obviously we basically set our clock to Kmac and Pickett on the defensive wings , however at times guys like Shorty , Bakes , Sonsie , Clarke even Brown could ad a more attacking flavour against certain teams , we probably need the id tweak as clubs would know our plan back to front now.

B: Grimes Tarrant Vlastuin
HB: Rioli Balta Broad
C: Macintosh Hopper Pickett
HF: Martin Lynch Bolton
FF: Cumberland Riewoldt M Rioli
Foll: Nankervis Prestia Taranto
Int: Baker Cotchin Short Miller Graham (No Sub in 2023)

Emerg: Ross Sonsie Ryan

Reactions: 1 user