Season 2024 - Feeling it? or Not Feeling it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season 2024 - Feeling it? or Not Feeling it?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's an odd feeling. As others have mentioned above, the way we have been playing is better than I expected, but our injuries have smashed our season to pieces. Happy to see the extended squad getting games and further refinement of our game plan.

Only an effortless slaughter by a lower level team will get me emotional this year. As long as we keep trying and putting the effort in, I'll be content with where ever we end up.

So, is this years draft being hailed as the best ever yet?

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
So, is this years draft being hailed as the best ever yet?
I heard mention a couple of times before the season started that it was supposed to be a strong n deep draft. Knowing the way our lucks been running this year, it won't surprise me if all the best kids pop a knee n have to miss a year of footy. Just to really *smile* with our heads of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
not making the 8
I want to play all kids find out who and what we got
Bottom 2 is fine for me
9th - 15th is doomsday for me

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
not making the 8
I want to play all kids find out who and what we got
Bottom 2 is fine for me
9th - 15th is doomsday for me
But 'kids' may not be ready if played too early. Some especially need time to develop. They're not all Dustys or Trents from the outset.

There may be kids played this year that look out of their depth and get cut, but over 3 years would become a quality player. There's many on our list. Rance looked quite dodgy for his early years as just one example.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
When can we go to the AFL and ask for assistance?
I want 3 extra picks after pick 28
I want 3 extra picks in the rookie draft
And I want an extra pick in the preseason draft.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The lowest we'll finish is 16th. We're not dropping below Norf or West Coast.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
so haven't been feeling AFL for ages. Said that before here.

Nothing right now is making me feel any different. I pay attention to the Tigers, then don't watch anything else.
The game is basically dead to me
Not dead to me, but it is so different now that it has lost the best bits.
The best bits for me were
1. Knowing the players of other clubs.
2. Ease of going to the footy with mates
3. The Satiurday afternoon games.
4. The eccentricity.
I believe the talent pool is now too thin, there are too many umpires and arcs or whatever and there is a bland sameness about the game itself.
I went to the footy with my dad in the sixties.
High scoring.
Dedicated forwards.
Watching Champs sing his song on tv the other night reminded me of what we lost when the suburban grounds were abandoned.
As I said at the start… not dead to me but the loss of intimate tribal knowledge of opposing teams has taken the passion away somewhat.

People are attending, so that’s good, but the experience is very different.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I have watched a bit more footy over the last couple of weeks but I end up only watching a half or a quarter of the games. I can't remember the last full game I watched on TV that wasn't a Richmond game.
I haven't been to a non Richmond game, even final, for about 15 years. I believe that if I didn't support the tigers I would probably be just a casual footy supporter
I am enjoying seeing us play this year even at 1-4 but at some point we will probably become less competitive with so many players out and that will become more of a challenge to watch

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Yze has the goods.
He proved it with access to VAFL team.
With some luck we pick another 2 or 3 quality kids, bring in some others from other clubs (Footscary) to show case his coaching ability.
With a full side we wouldve been 3-2 instead of 1-4

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
Not dead to me, but it is so different now that it has lost the best bits.
The best bits for me were
1. Knowing the players of other clubs.
2. Ease of going to the footy with mates
3. The Satiurday afternoon games.
4. The eccentricity.
I believe the talent pool is now too thin, there are too many umpires and arcs or whatever and there is a bland sameness about the game itself.
I went to the footy with my dad in the sixties.
High scoring.
Dedicated forwards.
Watching Champs sing his song on tv the other night reminded me of what we lost when the suburban grounds were abandoned.
As I said at the start… not dead to me but the intimate tribal knowledge of opposing teams has taken the passion away somewhat.

Could not agree more. Spot on.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Yep, apart from the rusted on club fans it's all about entertaining the event and theatre goers while maximising t.v. audiences with a non stop barrage of bland boring sameness, if AFLHQ could somehow wrangle it they'd be happy to have a t.v. game on every day of the week with just a couple of double games on the weekend.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I hate Richmond losing. I was devastated when we lost to the blues by less than a kick and when we couldn’t get up last Sunday.
However when I look at it in a funny sort of way i think this year may work out well for us. We aren’t going to win a lot of games with so many injuries but at the same time we are unearthing talent and giving them great experience. I think we have a great coach.
I suspect we will finish low on the ladder which means we will get very good draft picks, even our 2nd rounders will be good picks. We will get a high pick in the MSD. It’s an opportunity to build some top end talent to join some exciting existing youngsters. We have collateral to get money ball players if we decide to do it.
We should also not forget we have some really good players still on our list as well. Bolton, Taranto, Hopper, lynch, Balta, Baker, DRioli, Nankervis, Vlastuin, Short and of course Dusty. It’s not like the cupboard is bare.
I am surprisingly calm about the possibility or even probability of finishing bottom 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Feeling it.

Loving the kids showing a bit - and it's not the super hunks, it's the noobs and the unknowns like Tom Brown.

Loving Yze as coach so far - getting great effort and commitment out of the side most weeks.

Not loving the injuries but it's character buliding.

Not worried about ladder position, mid or low - Richmond doesn't need to tank or bottom out, we are better than that now.

Enjoy the journey, we'll be back up contending sooner than you might think.

Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Feeling it.

Loving the kids showing a bit - and it's not the super hunks, it's the noobs and the unknowns like Tom Brown.

Loving Yze as coach so far - getting great effort and commitment out of the side most weeks.

Not loving the injuries but it's character buliding.

Not worried about ladder position, mid or low - Richmond doesn't need to tank or bottom out, we are better than that now.

Enjoy the journey, we'll be back up contending sooner than you might think.
good post.
except Tom Brown is, and always was, a super hunk.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
So Carlton lost to Geelong, leaving me somewhat disenchanted because I simply could not stomach another Geelong flag ... I'd prefer to see Collingwood go back-to-back. I went to have a look at the ladder in particular to see who was left with only one loss - the two NSW teams. Watching Sydney now having a training run against Hawthorn, I'm thinking, who the heck did they lose to?