Season 2024 - Feeling it? or Not Feeling it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season 2024 - Feeling it? or Not Feeling it?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
is it too late to start tanking……
Not Funny No GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
so haven't been feeling AFL for ages. Said that before here.

Nothing right now is making me feel any different. I pay attention to the Tigers, then don't watch anything else.
The game is basically dead to me

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Only thing to look forward to from here is glimpses from the kids & the draft.

Really feels like it's going to be a long season & the shizen fixture is not helping enthusiasm one iota.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Only thing to look forward to from here is glimpses from the kids & the draft.

Really feels like it's going to be a long season & the shizen fixture is not helping enthusiasm one iota.
Same here. No chance for finals. Just stay competitive and get to the draft.

Feb 25, 2007
Same here. No chance for finals. Just stay competitive and get to the draft.

The funny thing is the way we are playing would take us to finals but injuries have absolutely cruelled our year, cost us mainly against Carlton and Saints

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Now where will we finish? A fit and healthy experienced group = Top 8. If they get hit with injuries = bottom 6.
Did I say bottom 6? Well make that bottom 4.

But in all seriousness this presents us the opportunity to literally see just about everyone on the list play.

This could be the catalyst to fast tracking our re-build. Fast track the development of our younger players but also net some very good players in this years draft. I have no doubt we will end up with a top 5 pick.

Reactions: 3 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I'm flat today. I feel we've passed the point of bad luck you'd expect within any season. The bye can't come at a better time. Only wish it were a 6 week break.

Playing this many kids, the hope and confidence may erode quickly. This is WC territory. It will make or break us.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
hate injuries, most of all for the emotional pain and isolation the players go through in recovery.

but finishing bottom six is good for the club right now.

pilfering the AFL's equalization measures for all we are worth is absolutely the way we need to go, this year and next.

*smile* the AFL

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I went into this season thinking it would be a struggle. Injuries has cruelled that even further. But I have surprisingly enjoyed watching our games as we are seeing good signs of the future and being competitive in large chunks. I hope it's a year of building confidence and belief in the younger kids, and translating this into knowing they can play at the highest level. If we end up bottom 4, so be it. It provides us much needed access to some top end talent. One crappy year, and I think we can bounce back quickly from there with some good drafting, player development (and belief) and some better luck on the injury front to our key players!

Reactions: 8 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
I went into this season thinking it would be a struggle. Injuries has cruelled that even further. But I have surprisingly enjoyed watching our games as we are seeing good signs of the future and being competitive in large chunks. I hope it's a year of building confidence and belief in the younger kids, and translating this into knowing they can play at the highest level. If we end up bottom 4, so be it. It provides us much needed access to some top end talent. One crappy year, and I think we can bounce back quickly from there with some good drafting, player development (and belief) and some better luck on the injury front to our key players!

yes i've been enjoying watching us play too!

credit to Yze, if he can keep things semi-competitive he is a genius

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agree. This is the 'recession we had to have'.

• Haha

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
Weirdly, I'm enjoying it. No expectations, liking the new coach, liking the effort so far and getting a kick out of watching the kids coming through.

Don't mind where we finish.

Reactions: 8 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Weirdly, I'm enjoying it. No expectations, liking the new coach, liking the effort so far and getting a kick out of watching the kids coming through.

Don't mind where we finish.
It's nice to have no expectations, takes away the stress and births contentment.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
A Top 3 pick its beautiful
A Bompmytelly, Butters or Petrecca type will be a perfect inclusion to our team.
No Billings No Parish No Lizards types

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Only feel sorry for the players with bad injuries. It’s just not fair. Otherwise feeling good about some of the young talent we have coming through and don’t care where we finish.

While the Josh Jenkins’s of the world can laugh at our situation, we have three flags in four years fresh in our memories. What does he have?

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Now that we have had the Gather round,there is another milestone coming up that the AFL could promote.Round 11 we play the Bombers.It will be 50 years and one week ago of the Windy Hill brawl.Could be a good money spinner for them.Different half time entertainment....................

• Haha