Selected Team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected Team

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
RICHMOND v SYDNEY
Saturday, 7:10pm AEST, MCG

RICHMOND
B: Zantuck, Gaspar, Chaffey
HB: Newman, A.Kellaway, Hilton
C: Fiora, Johnson, Bowden
HF: Tivendale, Richardson, Cameron
F: Krakouer, Vardy, Rogers
FOLL: Stafford, Coughlan, Campbell
I/C: Rodan, Fleming, King, Houlihan
EMG: Hall, Pettifer, Biddiscombe

IN: Stafford, Coughlan
OUT: Pettifer, Biddiscombe

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
This doesn't make sense. Campbell I thought wasn't playing this weekend and Razor was ??? I think we are playing funny buggers again.

Glad to see Kayne is getting a run at Coburg. Although I think he might be recalled if Campo doesn't show.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Not happy Pettifer was dropped. Also not happy if they are playing funny buggers.
Fair enough on Pettifer though if he is going to get a full gmae , but i still think Fleming or King should have gone before Kayne. Fleming did kick 2 goals but did jack all else. King did well last week buti still ahve some personal bias and would like to see him do it two weeks in a row. Kayne didnt do too bad for the time he was oa nther field, although some time at Coburg may do him good getting a full game on teh ball.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Here's CHEERS to my avitar and he's powerful words - onya Martin, I knew you were the one to give Danny and the boys the balls to send Pettifer to the magoos 4eva!!!

As for you Shawry and your sadness at the dropping of Kayne Pettifer - let me just remind you that ONE semi, sort of half decent, once in a blue moon, flash in the pan, average game against the Bummers does not mean you deserve to be in the side. It's that mentality that will win us a spoon, not a flag!!!

If it were the Glenelg Tigers we were talking about, KP might get named on the interchange at best - shew Kayne, don't bother us, shew Kayne, don't booother us.......................

Team looks good, however I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Staff and Campbell miss, and possibly even Cogs.

Hope not, GO THE TIGERS!!!

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Why oh why is King in this side?

Frawley must think he is the only other on ball option we have apart from Rodan. We would be better of giving Hyde or Pettifer a chance in the midfield.

This realy ***king *smile* me.

King, go back to Coburg where you belong, you are a hack.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
This just doesn't make any sense anymore.. the way I see it Staff is least doubtful followed by Cogs then Flemming then Campbell. And assuming Hall isn't fit and Kellaway isn't named as an emergency or Hyde or Macgrath or Schulz then it looks like Danny's now infamous statement, from a few weeks back about not playing guys with injuries, is a complete crock. Of course you want to win every game but it has been proven time and again if a bloke carries a niggle into a game, particularly a hammy calf quad or groin, the chances of aggravating this injury would have to close to 90 percent!!
Bidders will play so will Pettifer beyond that who knows... it really *smile* me that there is bugger all honesty in the selection of these teams these days.
Just because Sheedy (who borders on insanity these days when it comes to football) does it so much, doesn't mean we have to! :mad:

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
If Coburg play this Saturday it will give us a better indicatipon of what's happening. Unless Hall sits out the game for pure deception. ::)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
PETTIFER IS OUT - YES!!! (lets all do a little dance of joy). This will be short-lived however as there is no way Campbell is playing. Frawely's getting pretty good with these little mind games - you had me there for a sec spud - you funny bugger - hahahahahahahaha.
If you really want to play mind games danny try naming Daffy for next weeks game ;D.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Reckon HYDE or even BIDDISCOMBE would be a better inclusion than KING.. I have nothing against KING as he is a goer, but he is to easily forced off the ball for a midfielder and can't kick over a Jam tin.

No good winning the ball and kicking it to the opposition. They already have a full team. We don't need to help them.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Just a quick and probably an irrelevant observation at Richmond's training on Wednesday.

Rory Hilton (and Marty McGrath) were the only 2 players not to wear their correct numbers on their backs from all the players present with Rory donning the no.40 guernsy.

May be a sign of things to come for Rory if he keeps playing like a slug!

My prediction though - 3 goals from the number 1 this week!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAO, another classic caption to go with your avatar TigerFurious!

Thought Biddiscombe had done enough tagging Embley last week to justify his spot in the team for another week. (Co)burger King had a good 1st quarter and was useless thereafter, should be given the ass! Pettifer should join him in the seconds. Should Fleming and Campbell not make it we should bring in Hyde and Hall, unless of course Hall is still injured, in which case bring in the sargeant.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Newman: Kayne had a good game last week for the 60 odd minutes he was in the side last week. I still reckon he gets a raw deal. And it just so happens i live in SA and do support hte Glenelg Tigers aswell. They are improving and no longer cellar dwellers.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Agree on Pettifer Shawry. I thought he did some good things against W Coast. But maybe a few weeks on the ball for Coburg is needed even from a match fitness POV.

Campbo should not play. Calf injuries are the worst for happening again and again.

If he is to go out, I want Hall in. We need some more height to combat Goodes.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
If Hall is fit, why isn't he in the team? We are desperately short on height. And if he isn't fit, why is he named as emergency at all? I don't get it.