Selected team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected team

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
PLAYERS
Backs: L. Cameron A. Kellaway T. Zantuck
Half Backs: M. Chaffey B. Holland C. Newman
Centre: J. Bowden W. Campbell G. Tivendale
Half Forwards: D. Rodan B. Ottens A. Krakouer
Forwards: A. Fiora M. Richardson J. Blumfield
Followers: M. Coughlan, G. Stafford, K. Johnson
Interchange: M. Rogers, T. Fleming, A. Houlihan, C. Biddiscombe
Emergency: C. Hyde, J. Schulz, C. King

How could Rogers, Houlihan and Biddiscombe be more deservant of a spot than Hyde? As you said Harry, Rogers must give good ....... rev ups.

In: Fiora and Blumfield
Out: Dragicevic and Hyde
ok fair enough Blumfield coming in but Fiora? What did he do to earn his spot in the team? Meanwhile Houlihan and Biddiscombe still keep their spots? NOT HAPPY JAN

Who else has gone out to accomodate Fiora and Blumfield?

BTW Fiora didn't kick a goal (i think) and didn't get in the best for Coburg, so HTF does he get immediate promotion? Now wonder we are so poo, there appears to be no reliance on playing a good game at coburg in order to get a senior recall. Some blokes must think that all they have to do is go back to Coburg, get a few kicks and they are fine.

More shortsighted decisions at the selection table, further highlighting that the people running our club have no idea.

Fiora wasnt even in the best players last week for Coburg. Blumfield 'got tired after the first quarter' according to Greg Hutchison, but i'll live with him coming in.

As for Hyde being dropped, that is a disgrace, the kid actually showed something last week and should have been rewarded this week with a full game on the ground.

I wont get started on Draga, but if Hyde and Draga, even Schulz arent a better bet than Rogers, Houlihan(who's selfish and soft efforts from last week have not been forgotten), and Biddiscombe, then i dunno what..

A disgrace

Fiora was probbaly given specific instructions on something to work on to get back in.

Not happy about Hyde at all, he doesn't get a fair crack at it. Has shown more endevour in every game he's played than Pettifer ever has, but gets nowhere near the same chance to settle in.

I wonder if Dragga isn't as far advanced as they thought?

Looks like they're trying to get Rogers up to 200 games.

In: Blumfield, Fiora
Out: Hyde, Dragga

Not expecting much from Blumfield this week after 11 weeks out. Hope Fiora makes the most of his recall.

Hyde is definitely unlucky, as is Draga to a lesser extent. Have no problem with the ins though. Blumfield ahd to come back in, and as for Fiora i am wiht Rosy he probabyl had something to work on and last year after he had that kick i the guts beign dropped he showed something. Might have been told the next few weeks wil ldetermine his future at this club.

I am gladthey are not rushing Schulz. Iagree that Houlihan would ahve been a better omission than Hyde or Draga though.

Sorry I have just realised that it is Draga.... :mad:

WTF is going on down there ??? Why on earth do we give habitual hacks in Rogers, Houilhan and Bidders a game ahead of a young bloke in Draga and Hyde.

Danny must be the most stupid man in football, I mean these hacks haven't done anything for quite some time, why are they all of a sudden going to fire up now :mad:

This club is starting to really give me the s**ts

Rampaging Richo said:
Sorry I have just realised that it is Draga.... :mad:

WTF is going on down there ??? Why on earth do we give habitual hacks in Rogers, Houilhan and Bidders a game ahead of a young bloke in Draga and Hyde.

Danny must be the most stupid man in football, I mean these hacks haven't done anything for quite some time, why are they all of a sudden going to fire up now :mad:

This club is starting to really give me the s**ts

Hear hear RR

Agree with you completely, you have been a breath of fresh air all week.

Developement of young players was raised this week by many posters, and it is coming through loud and clear that these young guys appear to be under heaps more pressure than older hacks to retain their spot in the team. This is coupled with the added pressure of about 25 mins ground time per game.

In defending Pettifer, the guy must feel he has to set the world on fire with his every touch, and the pressure and disapointment may be the end result of this situation.

I wonder how Hyde & Pettifer would go if they were given 4 weeks with 60 mins+ game time guaranteed ???

Might turn out to be another Chris Newman hiding in those two, but we will never know it seems :'(

Rampaging Richo said:
I wonder how Hyde & Pettifer would go if they were given 4 weeks with 60 mins+ game time guaranteed ???

Kayne's had plenty of chances to cement a spot. He should only be recalled when he pulls his head in and dominates at Coburg for a number of weeks. Although I don't personally think Hyde is up to it, he looks like he'll end up going the way of Ezra. Few chances and limited game time then finally delisted.

Might turn out to be another Chris Newman hiding in those two, but we will never know it seems :'(

Chris has got something the other two don't - talent, class and footy know-how. Remember him saying after getting around 20 poss. that he stills needs to improve. Good players have that drive.

( spoken by the president of the Chris Newman fan club ;D )

Spot on MT.

Hyde might never make it, looks the case for sure now, but I wish he'd been given even half the opportunity Kayne has so we really knew.

Pettifer has had more chances than most by virtue of the club trying to justify his selection imo.

The difference with Kayne is he was given plenty of chances to prove what he's made of...and unfortunately he proved it well. ;D

Poyas hasn't set the world on fire at Melb, so maybe the club was right after all. Seems Hyde could be a similar case.

Spoken by the PP of Chaff and AK....not relevant to anything just showing off, ha.

With Kayne, other than the Essendon game, he was on and off the ground all day in every other game he played. And on that day he played quite well.

Hyde may not be as good as Newman, but he again is on and off the ground every game he has ever played, and never gets a chance to settle in.

Can either of them really play? Who knows, but one thing is for sure, Danny won't give them that opportunity until the season is lost. This is how we found out that Newman and Coughlan were anygood last year..remember

I have an awful feeling that the Tigers may be having problems with the salary cap. Here's the scenario - Houlihan and Bidders have smart managers who sign contracts that ensure they get match payments whether they play seniors or not. The young blokes in the Magoos get paid depending on whether they're in the 1st or 2nds. The club cant afford to be paying four blokes for two positions so the selection committee have no choice but to play at least a couple of players every week who wouldn't get a run otherwise.

In a way I hope this is possible and probable as if they have been selected on merit we're in serious trouble. ???

The last two full games Kayne played were the Essendon game RR has mentioned, and before that, the Carlton game where he kicked 4 goals last year.

But, this is irrelevant to the fact that we continue to play Houlihan, Biddiscombe and Rogers, players who have failed us many times before, in the hope of scrambling a place in the 8, in front of young players who may have a future and could be part of our next premiership.

Looks like we will never find out what Hyde has to offer, personally, I liked his game last week, and also the job he did on Woewodin in Rd 1, it seems, Danny thought otherwise.

Same old same old he lives week to week Frawley and doesn't think past then.......at the end of the day when this team falls away for the rest of the season they can talk all they like about keeping that dud...the supporters will up rise and this dud will wlak the plank

Consice and informative Laffs.
Frawleys motives are purely selfish. Ugly stop start football to minimize a carnage. Recycling hacks to minimize more carnage.
Their will be carnage bigtime at Saturday at 5.00pm if the cats beat us.

welcome Back JB :)

Not going to comment about the rest.....Im already in a shitty mood so you can imagine what i was like when i took a look at that pathetic list.....Made my day completely :'( :mad: