Selected teams | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected teams

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Backs: A. Kingsley D. Wakelin M. Bishop
Half Backs: D. Hardwick S. Paxman G. Wanganeen
Centre: N. Stevens, K. Cornes R. James
Half Forwards: C. Cockatoo-Collins C. Cornes B. Pickett
Forwards: P. Burgoyne W. Tredrea S. Burgoyne
Followers: D. Brogan, J. Carr, J. Schofield
Interchange: S. Cochrane, T. Thurstans, B. Lade, M. Wilson
Emergency: B. Guerra, J. Poulton, S. Salopek

RICHMOND FC

Backs: C. Newman D. Gaspar R. Hilton
Half Backs: K. Johnson A. Kellaway M. Chaffey
Centre: J. Bowden M. Coughlan M. Rogers
Half Forwards: G. Tivendale R. Hall K. Pettifer
Forwards: A. Krakouer T. Zantuck L. Cameron
Followers: W. Campbell, G. Stafford, D. Rodan
Interchange: A. Houlihan, A. Fiora, T. Fleming, C. Biddiscombe
Emergency: C. Hyde, A. Mills, R. Vardy

Out: Richo
In: Bidders :eek: Why? ??? Are we going to play him in the forward line.

In Pettifer WHY ? ? ?

As VP of the Bidders fan club I say give the guy a chance. He is being rewarded for VFL form, and is possibly selected for some matchup.
If he got an hour each game like Kayne has I bet he'd average more then 4 posessions, and he'd at least provide a presence on the field.

I wish one of the other emergencies got a run as well though.
Thought Royce might have been in with a show, and he probably would have if Staff was out.

Pettifer's still in the team? :eek:
As your pres Kayne I feel obliged to say this
DO SOMETHING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND STOP DANCING AROUND IN CIRCLES AND PLAYING FOR FREES.
Kayne I mean this in the nicest possible way but your performances are embarressing to watch. You shouldn't even be in the team in my opinion someone else should be given a go but seeing you still are for some bizarre reason can you give it your all. PLEASE!

I guess with Primus out we didn't need Royce's height this week.
I hope Royce gets his chance sometime.
Speaking of chances......does anyone know if Ezra has played for Melbourne yet?

Ezra is only on the Melbourne rookie list, and from what I have heard he has been playing for Sandringham, but not really setting the world on fire

I don't believe so rosy. Saw Ezra play for Sandy (Melb. VFL side) a couple of weeks back on the ABC game.

I only job I can think Bidders is in for is to tag Wanganeen as he's being giving Port alot of drive off HB this year and is having one of his best years in a while. I can't see a position for him in our backline (his usual possie) as it is settled and has been working extremely well. I do hope he has a good game for our sake but he's done hardly anything for 3 years.

Well at least I'll have someone to bag next week.

The fact that biddiscombe is getting a game only highlights the shocking lack of depth on our list.

For all intensive purposes King, Biddiscombe, Mills and Hyde should all have been given the boot last year but unfortunately there appears to be a waiting list for delistings at the club.

We have 3 players on our list who haven't played a game; McGrath (I hear alot but have seen nothing), Shulz (He's a tall so I'll let him go for now) and Sipthorpe who I believe is languishing in the reserve reserves. What does it say about these blokes?

Once again the disaster area that is Richmond recruiting strikes again.

Instead of weeding out duds like Pettifer and Rogers, we add another one in the form of B'scum. He has proved that he is worthless.

Now that we have a winning feeling about the club why not introduce a new player like McGrath, or Schulz.

Bringing in B'scum doesn't make sense. He is not a forward, he is not a midfielder, he is not a stopper, he is not a run with player, he is a very ordinary back flanker at best. We have plenty of players to cover this position on the ground.

Agree with most - I'm mistified with this selection. He has been named in the best in coburg only once and gets an immediate selection.

Feel sorry for Hyde and Mills as it seems its goodbye to them at year end without giving them a go.

Playing Pettifer ahead of McGrath is something I cannot comprehend at all. It is amazing. At least McGrath can add an extra unpredictable aspect in the forward line and catch Port off guard. Whats Pettifer and Bscum gonna do - sit on the bench and when they get a run do the same - nothing.

Oh well, hopefully Campbell, Johnson and Coughlan and some others can carry these passangers over the line again.

What a disgrace! Surely you would consider playing Ben
Holland for 4 x half quarters before that absolute spastic Bidofscum.

Port by 100 points, just because he's in the side.

ps, bring on Diggler

A few short weeks ago I seemed to be the only person here thinking Adam Houlihan should be given a go, and now he's earning his keep in the team. A few people could admit they were wrong there with their critisism of his selection.

Wait till KL comes to back me up over Bidders selection, ha. Sometimes it's hard for the presidential party to sell their player. ;D

I'd like to see the kids all given a go. Kayne has been on the ground for about an hours game time each game the last couple of weeks.
Let the other guys have that much chance and see what they can do.

I've heard that Schulz won't be in the team for quite a while.

crackertiger said:
ps, bring on Diggler

I bet Diggles is hating being away with all these Tiger wins to discuss. ;D

Life's good when the only thing people can find to bag on the boards recently is the selection of Bidders. :rollin

A DISGRACE of the highest order!! One good game and you are into the seniors....... mystifying ::)
No wonder the young blokes get dis-heartened, Bidders is so far in the opposite direction to the future of our football club that he is out of sight!
Having said all that I for one am not at all surprised by this!

while amazed by the selection of bidders.in shock in fact.however like MT said he may be brought in to do a totally negative role on a wangerneen or a pickett.

johnson2richo2003 said:
he may be brought in to do a totally negative role

I'm sure he'll do a fine negating job. I'm just unsure as to whether he negates the Tigers or Port.

When is the Duncster coming back? :'(

How many posts do I have to make before I am no longer a cub? Not that there is anything wrong with being a cub, no siree. Just wish I had found you guys earlier. ;D

A question to the selection committee - Has Craig Biddiscombe, the spastic that has played an outside running role in the VFL, 100 meters from any opponent running free as the wind blows, suddenly found some ability ???

Because for Craig, it is not a form issue, the guy flatout just can't play footy.

As for our emergency list Mills Hyde Vardy - this may explain why Kayne is still in the ones.

Mills is *smile*, Vardy an average VFL at best, and Hyde a typical overrated TAC kid.

Whilst Kayne is struggling a bit, I still feel it is worth persisting with him as he does have ability. A slight attitude adjustment is all that is needed.

The only other players I think are worth bringing up are - Holland, Draga, McGrath, Nicholls, Dunc - the rest can be sent to Iraq to run footy clinics..

Well as President of the Bidders Fan Club.....(sorry Rosy I was at a meeting last night until 9.30 and was b-ggered when I got home but I digress)

Glad to see him back. The reality is that he was named THE BEST player for Coburg last week and if his form warrants it he should be selected. What's everyone going to say if he plays like he did in 2000 pre-knee injury? What happens if we are down by 3 points and Bidders has the ball 50 metres out from Goal. The siren sounds and Bidders goes back and kicks ..............a............GOAL and we win! Will he still be the villian. Fact if I had choice between Bidders 50 metres out compared to say Kayne Pettifer - I know who I'd want kicking the ball and it aint KP. Give him a chance. You may be all totally surprised. If he screws up fair enough but actually let him screw up first

Now I am actually going to be there tomorrow night - maybe I should make a sign "Bidders Fan Club" :D ;)

GO BIDDERS GO

Lil

You need a punt road end T-Shirt toi represent the rest of us. See if you can find Shawry as well.

Also GO BIDDERS

Lets ROAR

Khan

p.s Can you give a call of 'Good one Wilson' when Boweden does something (positive or negative doesn't matter). He might miss my calls from the outer