Where to watch Saturday night's game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where to watch Saturday night's game

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
As the match against Port will almost certainly be on Foxtel, I was just wondering if anyone knows whether there'll be any place at Punt Road where Richmond members can watch this highly important match?

I don't have a clue Wagstaff, but I watched the final against Brisbane at the social club. It was on a pretty dodgy makeshift screen. Maybe they've updated since then.

I know a lot of people go to the Wantirna club where they watch with a big room of Tiger fans. I know in other years it does tend to sell out though.

If I don't go to Adeaide my only option up here will be to snuggle up by the fire in the lounge in my Tigers gear and watch on telly.

Does anyone else put on any Richmond colours to sit and watch a game in their own house, ha? ;D

rosy3 said:
I don't have a clue Wagstaff, but I watched the final against Brisbane at the social club. It was on a pretty dodgy makeshift screen. Maybe they've updated since then.

I know a lot of people go to the Wantirna club where they watch with a big room of Tiger fans. I know in other years it does tend to sell out though.

The Wantirna club is pretty close to where I live and even closer to where my parents live, that will hopefully be the place for me.

Wagstaff, they said on Club Corner last night that the game will be shown at the Royal Oak, but they didn't seem to think it would be on at the Social Club.

The game is on Fox Footy TigerFury, Eddiewood/Sydney is the free to air coverage.

More than happyu to open my doors to any lost Tigers. It will only be myself and my duaghter Molly Watching it

Lets Roar

Khan

That doesn't surprise me that the Pies Swans game will be on channel ten.
I'm glade we have the fox footy channels.

rosy3 said:
Does anyone else put on any Richmond colours to sit and watch a game in their own house, ha? ;D

I do :D

rosy3 said:
The game is on Fox Footy TigerFury, Eddiewood/Sydney is the free to air coverage.

I realise why we are not being shown on free to air as we are playing an interstate side (ratings) but it still ticks me off no end that if you live in Melbourne you can get off your fat bum and go to the Callemnogood/Sydney (7th v 9th) match whereas we can't see the Tiges in a 2nd vs 5th and match of the round battle. Probably won't be on melbourne radio either :mad: and will be forced to listen to biased 5aa over the net which is almost a fate worse than death (i.e. listening to 6pr).

MC24 said:
Two reasons to weld your radio shut MT.

1. 5aa
2. 6pr

::)

Listening to either of them you would reckon that only the local side was out on the field playing. And not forgetting the inferiority complex anti-Victorian drivel they go on and on and on about. Paranoia plus ::).

This is why channel 7 was much better than the current setup. They would always show an interstate game on free to air. Why not schedule the collingwood sydney game during the day on saturday at Telstra dome. Why have 2 games on saturday night then telecast the one that people in melbourne can actually go to see. Eddie keeps on crying about how the AFL are favouring Brisbane, I would have thought the pies are pretty well looked after aswell.

I think the reason for this one Harry is that 9 and 10 have guaranteed Sydney viewers coverage of every Swans game this year on free to air. At least I think that's the case. I live in NSW and so far every Swans game has been televised up here.

So I think the swans are the culprits for this broadcasting debacle not Eddiewood.

Harry said:
Why not schedule the collingwood sydney game during the day on saturday at Telstra dome. Why have 2 games on saturday night then telecast the one that people in melbourne can actually go to see.

The scheduling of matches is dictated by the TV Rights agreement.

To allow Channels 9, 10 & Fox to show all their games under the agreement the games are scheduled as follows:

1 on Friday night for Channel 9
2 Sat. arvo - 1 for Ten to replay (show on delay) and the other for Fox to show live
2 Sat. night - 1 for ten to show either live or on delay and the Other for Fox to show live
3 on Sunday. 1 starting at 1.00pm for 9 to show live and then the other they show at 4.00pm. Fox get the other Sunday game and are allowed to show it live.

Under the agreement Fox are guaranteed 3 games live. Channels 9 & 10 pick the games they want and Fox get the scrapes.

Channels 9 & 10 choose which games they want 4 weeks in adavance. Guaranteed when they saw the draw Channel 10 - Port -v- Rich, Top 3 -v- bottom 3 - not on you're life.

The actual scheduling of games will not change for the life of this agreement.

Richmond V Port on the Big Screen
richmondfc.com.au
11:22:36 AM Fri 2 May, 2003

Join with fellow Tiger supporters and catch all the action of Saturday's Round 6 clash between Richmond and Port Adelaide on the big screens at the Royal Oak, Bridge Rd Richmond or The Wantirna Club, 350 Stud Rd Wantirna.

NB: The Social Club will not be open as previously advertised.