Selected teams | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected teams

I think Mills is a bit unlucky to miss out, i admit i was surprised Biddiscombe was included despite his 30+ possessions last week in the VFL. Pettifer kicked 4 vs Port last year which may be a reason he is still in the side. HE looked sheissenhousen last week, i think he is on his last chance. He has been named on the ground, he would want to perform. SO would Fiora, i just htink he avoids contests and going for hard balls becuase of his size. He looks intimidated by the bigger bodies.

Mills has been consistent week in week out and can kick goals. I thought he owuld have been a better inclusion, or Vardy.

Why does Frawely persist with players who obviously DO NOT HAVE TALENT. Its all about talent.

I try and be positive, but when stupid selections like this occur over and over again it makes me think whether we are actually heading in the right direction.

Frawleys head will again be on the chopping block once the losses begin to roll in if he persists with the likes of B'scum, Petrified and dodger - mark my words.
He'll only have himself to blame for this.

However if he introduces some new flavour into the team, people will be prepared to excuse him for some losses (and they will come - we won't go through the season undefeated).

Doesn't he understand that you have to PERSIST WITH TALENT and not with some washed up duds he calls his buddies masquerading as AFL players.

The clubs begging people to become members. Don't they understand that people do not want to watch Pettifer and Bscum - simple as that.

Lets not get too carried away - two floggings from Port and the bombers will bring us back to earth and will give spud a reality check that he is not up to it.

Its the realist Harry back again.

Harry. Pettifer has talent and he has shown glimpses. Needs jsut adjust his attitude and worry about the things he can control though instead of sooking and lookign for frees. I belive he is worth persisting with., Biddiscombe i would have delisted with Clinton King at the end of last year. Would have kept Poyas and Homewood. WE dont have many talls, it worries me especialyl when they keep getting hurt.

Peticoat - talent - you have to be joking. He has shown absolutely nothing. A kid with talent would show glimpses of it - he would show that he can read the play and know where to run for starters. Pettifer looks lost out there- absolutely lost - has no idea.

He is the worst player on our list and probably the worst to play I have seen for the tiges (and thats saying something). He will not be an AFL player. Like his buddies Dodger and Bscum he fumbles, and panicks under pressure. Sorry but we do not need these type of players.

The silky smooth McGrath who glides over the playing field, who can pick up the ball off the turf with the greatest of ease, who is capable of jumping over houses, who has the potential to do anything at any given moment, who is composed, has vision, doesnt panick, is a beautiful kick and has tonnes of TALENT is overlooked by the dud frawely in favour of no talent duds like Petrified, dodger and bscum.

Yeah people will say that he hasn't shown anything for Coburg. But people must understand that Coburg are pathetic this year - probably the worst VFL team. Even our best players for richmond would struggle to stand out at Coburg without the sufficient level of support provided there.

Even though McGrath hasn't dominated, he shows great POTENTIAL and TALENT - something that needs to be nurtured and developed within a strong team environment with players around him that can support him and bring the best out of him. Pettifer has had this support and still cannot show anything.

Don't be surprised people if you see King make a re-appearance after a decent game at Coburg. One mention of him in the bests, then the dud frawely will cream his pants and select him in the seniors.

Shawry, tell me you are kidding about Mills.....He is at best a below average VFL player. Slow, weak.....Watch him chase an opponent, all grimace and gritting of teeth whilst his opponent travels at twice the speed.

The thing that *smile* me about Mills is that in his time at the club he still has the build of a schoolboy. For godsake, have some pride in your own development as an AFL footballer. So far, it is embarressing to see him run around in a Richmond jumper.

As for B'scum, he and his manager held the club to a mini ransom after 2000, when they threatened to walk if they weren't offered a 3 yr deal. Mark Brayshaw - take a bow...Hopefully with Greg Miller, these blokes will be shown the door with a boot up the bum to send them on their way..

Rampaging Richo said:
... in his time at the club he still has the build of a schoolboy.

Given what some of you are saying, I'm starting to wonder about how serious some of the players have been over the past few years. Especially seeing how Mark Coughlan has developed over the past two seasons, both physically and in terms of the responsibility he seems to have taken on.

The question is, is that entirely an attitude thing by the players or a tolerance thing and lack of professionalism by the Club in the past?

Either way, those things will be weeded out in due course. Those who are not up to it or do not have the commitment or desire will get found out. Of this you can be assured.

If we are picking the team on last weeks VFL form, surely Vardy who kicked 4 goals, took 10 marks and had over 20 possesions at centre half forward must be hard done by.

I dont think one game in the best players should really be rewarded, Mills and Hyde have both been in the best players regularly this year.

Biddiscombe played 3 games last year, and every one of them stunk. He was dropped straight away after all 3, if we are trying to take this team forward, he should not be in it.