Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Was at the game and he was ok/below average.

Set up sonsie I think for his snap.

Put soldo into 15 metres of space with eyes in the back of his head but as the ball didn’t sit up he (soldo) needed 25 metres.

He’s batting 20-25 now though in the current squad and with the full squad available and fit shouldn’t be on the park.
just quoting RE measured post because I think its spot on.

Sorry TS, appreciate the support you give Shedda, but he was horrible tonight. I got home and looked at the stats and was shocked to see he touched it 15 times. Sonsie has far more influence on the game than Sheds did. The ball seemed to just sail over his head most of the night.

I just don't think he can complete the role he is being asked to do and thats on Dimma and the selection committee. He should have been told tonight to stay not more than 10m away from our deepest tall forward.
Didn't see the Sonz do much from the telly.
No harm there as 2nd game is often very hard, plus a much bigger step up than North. And I love Sonz.

But Shedda was average tonight. 15 touches showed that he was amongst it.
Lets remember it's not peak Shed

Reactions: 1 user
Probably Sheddas best game for the year and it was average.
That sums up his year and the stupidity of picking him for 18 rounds so far just to get him to 300.

Probably Sheddas best game for the year and it was average.
That sums up his year and the stupidity of picking him for 18 rounds so far just to get him to 300.
We haven't picked him for 18 rounds just to get him to 300. We've picked him for 18 rounds because hes a proven champion who we've backed in to come good, has contributed even if he's on the way down, we've had a lot of injuries to experienced players, and we haven't had a heap of players bashing the door down to take his spot.

Reactions: 5 users
We haven't picked him for 18 rounds just to get him to 300. We've picked him for 18 rounds because hes a proven champion who we've backed in to come good, has contributed even if he's on the way down, we've had a lot of injuries to experienced players, and we haven't had a heap of players bashing the door down to take his spot.
He’s proven all year that he can’t keep up anymore . Its no use picking proven champions when the game has gone past them.
Agree re blokes not bashing the door down but surely Stack, Sonsie earlier would have been worth a go so we’re not playing one short each week.

One thing I do agree with, yes indeed, he has played "well over 250 games" 298 to be exact 'ol son! :cupgold
And played at least a dozen games to many this year. He's got three cups by the way, not just one n very deserving of all three. The fancy little 300 ribbons to hang off the handles of his cups. Totally irrelevant in my humble opinion. Footy's a team game played for premiership glory for the team's status and enjoyment. Individual whizz bang mementos, meh, cute but unimportant.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
13.7 disposals per game is his lowest since 2009 and 8.2 disposals per game behind his peak in 2019.
It's not just the total number of disposals or the quality in games that's the issue. It's the lack of input without the footy which is damaging, Shedda's almost non existent for long periods of he game.

Reactions: 3 users
Will miss him.
One of the best things that happened to him, in his own words, was Blake Caracella coming to the club and delivering a new game style that suited Shane.

I wouldnt be surprised if the retirement is announced this week and the Brisbane game is his last.
Either next week or the Hawks game? not that this is exactly rocket science decision making to have him play his last game at one of our 2 remaining Home Games!

Unless our injuries pile up even further, I dont think we will take him to Adelaide, for the Port game.
Retire the last game at the Bombers home game, an away game too? Cant see it being announced that late.

It will be a super interesting few weeks - will Kane get a game to retire?

I also wonder how Cotch's retirement will be announced. Knowing Cotch's humble manner, it could just as much be announced as the last game he is actually playing in.

I will miss all these wonderful, wonderful champions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Sure we haven’t. We are gifting him games and he’s being carried by the team to his 300th
Took us ages had to lose many games before we realise George and FAarts are VFL players
Edwards should’ve been dropped 6 weeks ago
His form doesn’t warrant him playing in the AFL as we’re constantly a man short when he’s playing
Edwards will get his 300 Hasn’t earnt the privilege whilst the team loses and is likely to drop out of the 8 as a result of gifting games to those that aren’t upto AFL level

It’s not about the 15 possessions.

Opportunity cost comes into play too. So many times he was near the ball and just couldn’t impact.

Has lost his agility. Had lost his toe.

So many forays break down when you have players like this in the team.

It’s a subtle effect but it contributes to poor results, no doubt.

Sure we haven’t. We are gifting him games and he’s being carried by the team to his 300th
Took us ages had to lose many games before we realise George and FAarts are VFL players
Edwards should’ve been dropped 6 weeks ago
His form doesn’t warrant him playing in the AFL as we’re constantly a man short when he’s playing
Edwards will get his 300 Hasn’t earnt the privilege whilst the team loses and is likely to drop out of the 8 as a result of gifting games to those that aren’t upto AFL level

For your sake I hope the line about “constantly playing a man short” when Shedda‘s in the team is not copyrighted - or that you’ve got a licence if it is.

You've probably heading for 50,000 uses by now and you could be bankrupted if the holders sue for unauthorised use.

He'll be forever one of my favourite Tigers but his time is up.
The ankle injury he sustained last year has cut his career short after looking like he could play forever.
He's lost his zip & dexterity post that injury & the end has come quickly.
Unfortunately for us we've been waiting for him to get back to his best but it's never eventuated & ultimately that's cost us.
300 games will be a celebration but the final 2 seasons for Shane has been a shadow of his best.

Reactions: 2 users
Will miss him.
One of the best things that happened to him, in his own words, was Blake Caracella coming to the club and delivering a new game style that suited Shane.

I wouldnt be surprised if the retirement is announced this week and the Brisbane game is his last.
Either next week or the Hawks game? not that this is exactly rocket science decision making to have him play his last game at one of our 2 remaining Home Games!

Unless our injuries pile up even further, I dont think we will take him to Adelaide, for the Port game.
Retire the last game at the Bombers home game, an away game too? Cant see it being announced that late.

It will be a super interesting few weeks - will Kane get a game to retire?

I also wonder how Cotch's retirement will be announced. Knowing Cotch's humble manner, it could just as much be announced as the last game he is actually playing in.

I will miss all these wonderful, wonderful champions.

Agree we will miss him - but he won’t retire whilst we are in still in the hunt for finals - I think we still need his experience in the team whilst Dusty is out - Dimma mentioned the number of players with few games under the belt is tipping our experience too low which is one of the reasons we struggle to close out these close games - junior, Cumberland, Sonsie, Clarke, Biggie, Hugo, Dow and Miller is a lot of youth with less than 20 games to play this year - Hugo on 19 and Gibs on 14 the most experienced of this group.

Shedda will finish up this year as a 300 game rfc premiership lifer - what a journey to be proud of.

Reactions: 6 users
Agree we will miss him - but he won’t retire whilst we are in still in the hunt for finals - I think we still need his experience in the team whilst Dusty is out - Dimma mentioned the number of players with few games under the belt is tipping our experience too low which is one of the reasons we struggle to close out these close games - junior, Cumberland, Sonsie, Clarke, Biggie, Hugo, Dow and Miller is a lot of youth with less than 20 games to play this year - Hugo on 19 and Gibs on 14 the most experienced of this group.

Shedda will finish up this year as a 300 game rfc premiership lifer - what a journey to be proud of.
Dusty will end up as a 270 odd game Richmond immortal.

I know why Shane is getting games...its too politically correct to mention.

• Dislike