So what next? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

So what next?

P

PuntRoadRoar

Now that the season has ended what do all tiger fans do in the off season?

i know in september it wont be about going for anyone its more like a process of elimination. I hope that Collingwood get knocked out of the finals in straight sets ;D

then bring on the cricket

carn the warriors ;D

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Lets hope the Bummers get BLOWN away by the Fremantle Doctor on Friday night.
I hate the bummers ;)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AS long as Port and Crows dont win it I will be a happy man. Any other team is fine. Preferably West Coast but will be tough from where htey are and the injuries they have .

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The football season ended for me last Sunday, as it has most years since 1982. I will spend the next 6 months enjoying my daughters( 2 yrs 2 mths & 8 mths) growing and developing, enjoying the cricket, and anticipating season 2004, after a fruitful trading & recruiting period and a solid injury free pre-season. Call me deluded, but it's what I do every year.

P

PuntRoadRoar

stuff west coast AND fremantle.. i hope adelaide win it just for you shawry :p

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
September and October will be spent enjoying the Major league Baseball. Thankfully, as per normal the New York Yankees have not let me down and have made the play-offs again.

The rest of the summer will be spent watching my husband play baseball.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
PRR: Appreciate your thoughts.

Lil: Yes the A's are winning their division now will focus on them I think. Looking forward ot them choking in the first round hyet again and most likely to the Yankees as per usual.

On a side note Lil, went to Royal Adelaide Show yesterday and saw the Alaskan Malamute Dogs being judged. Very impressive dog. That is the main reason we went as my gf has one, but she is too fat to be judged. I jsut love hearing them go ooooooo.

Yeah I know I sounded liek a *smile* then but not sure how else to explain it.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
I'll probably be howled down but I wouldn't mind if Brisbane made it 3 in a row but I would kinda like to see Freo do well. Crows and Weagles have had their tilt at it, and Eddie's mob and the bummers have won enough flags to wallpaper Telstra Dome. The SA Magpies? they're just another Black'n'bloodyWhite team masquerading as the Power. Sydney? don't think so, injuries might be their downfall.
And after September? Watch cricket and listen to the tomatoes grow...I love bottling time!

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Hope for a freo win, as the rest dont interest me. Do the gardenning that has been left by the wayside for the last 6 months

Then participate in the trade debates next month

Lets Roar in 2004

Khan

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
After the bummers gave Knighter a good send off after his retirement, I have decided to get on them for this finals series.

And that Sheeds came into our rooms before the match to see the rooms in yellow and black one more time.

RED and BLACK
Oh where from Bummer Land!! :p

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
As long as Port dont make it to the final saturday in september i really dont give a crap....although i would mind seeing the pies (yes i have taken my crazy pills today ::)) or sydney get up.

Bring on the cricket.... :-\

and ill watch the northen nights play their last couple of games... :)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
shawry said:
On a side note Lil, went to Royal Adelaide Show yesterday and saw the Alaskan Malamute Dogs being judged. Very impressive dog. That is the main reason we went as my gf has one, but she is too fat to be judged. I jsut love hearing them go ooooooo.

Yeah I know I sounded liek a d***head then but not sure how else to explain it.

Don't worry - Shawry I know exactly what you mean. ;)

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
I go fishing hopeful of catching a decent size snapper.
So far I have been about as succesful as Frawleys coaching career[2 toadys] :-[ :-[

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
WJP said:
I go fishing hopeful of catching a decent size snapper.
So far I have been about as succesful as Frawleys coaching career[2 toadys] :-[ :-[
Yeah fishins the go, park the date crack a couple of quiet coldys and veg out . Not to sure about catchin a snapper but sounds like serious fishin to me (what do toadys fight like I might give one of those a go).

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
geez...no footy for 6 months. :( :mad: :( :mad: (although trading period will be interesting for richmond...which 'big' names are we gonna get rid of this time?!?)

oh well, cricket! c'mon aussies c'mon c'mon!

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
you will all do the same as you done most other years. NOTHING during September.
And then our appetite will be wet with ALL these big recruits and they will talk about exciting times ahead and we will get told the club commands respect.
By this we will all go out and renew memberships only to come to round 1 2004 and still have Billy Nicholls kicking the ball over Richos head ( thats if he still there)
And if Richo does have a shot at goal, he will miss as what happens on more occasions than not.
Nothing will change
Do what you all have done . September is a lonely month for all us Tigers. ;)

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Davis cup tennis September, then summer and get the hot rods out of the shed and CRUISE aaahhha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Koalalill said:
September and October will be spent enjoying the Major league Baseball. Thankfully, as per normal the New York Yankees have not let me down and have made the play-offs again.

The rest of the summer will be spent watching my husband play baseball.

Excellent KL ! I am a huge baseball fan as well, and I'll be doing the same thing over September and October becuase I detest every other team in the AFL - especially Scumwood !

I'm a massive Red Sox fan ....your arch rivals !

MCG

Tiger Rookie
Aug 11, 2003
I don't really care who wins as I really don't like any of them.
After the footy's finished I'll take an interest in the horses over the spring carnival. Then it's cricket time which I really love. I enjoy going down to the local park on a warm sunny day watching the local team play which usually involves one of my sons.
Then in January it's off to the beach for a couple of weeks reading and drinking a few chardonnays.
Once the tennis is over the focus is back on the footy.