Some Dunc News | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Some Dunc News

Our life is sad because we don't get to enjoy a decent football team.....20 years of rubbish and the fact that the Kellways of the world played 175 of those its no wonder why.......no one questions his courage etc etc etc....the fact is he is a dud that should have been axed a long time ago....I would love to see the stats on how many of his heicopter kicks ijured or killed team mates that were on the other end of them.

Here here Laffs. We pay money to watch quality football and what do we get for value for money.:-

Dunc:- No skill, cant kick, damn if I know how he played 175
Nicholls:- overweight, unfit slob
Fleming:- how the hell does he get a game at AFL level.
Richo:- an enigma who is an unfullfilled tantrum thrower
Matthew Rogers:- has done nothing for 4 years and is still on the list. An insult to the tradition of number 4.
Clinton King:- skinny runt who cant kick 40 metres.
Frawley:- no description required

Omarkum, the only people who have sad lives are people like you who hero worship these non achievers and support a club who thrives and wallows in mountains of mediocrity.

diggler said:
Here here Laffs. We pay money to watch quality football and what do we get for value for money.:-

Dunc:- No skill, cant kick, damn if I know how he played 175
Nicholls:- overweight, unfit slob
Fleming:- how the hell does he get a game at AFL level.
Richo:- an enigma who is an unfullfilled tantrum thrower
Matthew Rogers:- has done nothing for 4 years and is still on the list. An insult to the tradition of number 4.
Clinton King:- skinny runt who cant kick 40 metres.
Frawley:- iption required

Omarkum, the only people who have sad lives are people like you who hero worship these non achievers and support a club who thrives and wallows in mountains of mediocrity.

Diggler - you forgot Biddiscombe. How this bloke has played 9 years is beyond me. Geelong go rid of him after showing nothng for 4 years and we have kept him for another 5.

9 years, unbe-bloody-lievable!!!

Only so many people that can be delisted/retire at the end of the year.

Surely Biddiscombe, King, Nicholls, Houlihan are contenders and with Leon most likely to retire and our short list and having to fill our list to a minimum quota, i think Dunc will stay. Teh guy does a job every week and goes about it well. not every player in teh team needs to be a ball winner and have the best skills.

I commend Dunc on the top efforts and the guts and determination he has shown throughout his career and personally hope he can stay and have an injury free year next year adn do a job for us each week on a player.

Tehre are only so many decent young kids you can draft.

Yeah we all know Duncan Kellaway has heart, courage, blah, blah blah. This might have been sufficient in the 1920's but not in todays football. Its an indictment on the RFC that players like Duncan, Rogers, Daffy, Bscum, King, etc have played so many games.

So if you want me to respect and applaud Duncan for being an integral part of the club during its worst performed period then I will. Well done Duncan and others for all your efforts and the lack of success you have brought to the club. Your efforts are aknowledged but simply were not good enough.

When the club celebrates mediocre players and classifies them as champions it goes further to cement the loser mentality at the place.

I thought your post JF was a fine oration. Consise and informative!
You summed it up perfectly. The ferals hero worship unworthy champions. So called champions who have moulded our club into what it is today:- An underachieving rabble.
You can call the Richo's, the Duncs, the Knighters of this world champions, but in the real world they have failed to deliver.
Goodbye and good riddans I say.

i agree with Laff.
Unfortunately the "Tiger faithful" fell in love with Duncan.
Only one problem, he cant kick and this skill is the most important skill in the game, sorry but I hope he retires.
I cringe when you see Duncan running out of defence or running past to receive a handball and then try and kick.
The Helicopter kicks are a danger to Planes above ;).

jackstar said:
Unfortunately the "Tiger faithful" fell in love with Duncan.

What has that got to do with anything jackstar?

We don't control who gets a game and who doesn't.

Just ask KL, who's been trying to get Matt Shir in the team since forever. She'll confirm what a difficult task it is. ;)

Has alot to do with things actually.
Most supporters go off there head if you mentioned getting rid of Duncan kellaway two years ago.
Has alot to do with memberships.
I would think the coaching panel would love to TRADE certain players but this will have an adverse affect on memberships for next year. Also certain board members put there two bobs worth in as well.

While I agree that there's a place for emotion and sentiment in footy jackstar, if Clubs continually makes decisions for all the wrong reasons and let others dictate to them, then they are not the people who should be in control. Because, basically, they are anything but in control.

That sort of decision making says something about the Club and those who run it, not the Duncans of this world.

MC 24.
I totally agree with you, thats why we are 11th on the ladder.
Thats also why we have persisted with Fiora as certain people wont own up to mistakes. It would cause them embrassment to dump the " draft pick "

It's no coincidence that we are where we are on the ladder jackstar.

But there's not a whole lot we can do about certain things at this stage of the season.

The good thing is that the Club has identified the areas that need improvement and have set about changing them. It's not gonna happen today, tomorrow or next week. It all takes time.

As I keep saying, the results people produce will ultimately determine their fate. Whereas in the past perhaps people weren't accountable, they are now. Or at least they better be.