Start transmission... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Start transmission...

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
*on air*

It's another fine and sunny day in Melbourne, looking out my window the North East suburbs look green and peaceful. It's a great city to live in; I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  And in less than a week, one of the great passions of our town comes roaring back to life.  It's almost time for footy.  What better time to join this Tiger community and share the excruciating pain and pleasure of supporting that mad but magnificent team we love.  I’m here to say hello, to introduce myself and hope that you will welcome another tiger into the den.

I’ve lived my whole life in Victoria.  So has most of my family.  However when the time came for some of them to move North, I soon discovered my true location.  South of the Border.  Without moving an inch, I had become a Mexican.  There was no large funny shaped hats involved, nor a sudden increase in Tequila consumption, but I think I detected a slight defensiveness creeping in (and maybe a heightened desire for beef enchiladas).  Ok, so I’m a Mexican.  So I’m here in this southern state where footy is a way of life, and I’ll support my team with renewed passion.  Bring on your interstate interlopers, your heightened salary caps and awkward theme songs.  We’ll be ready for you here in Tigerland with our throats lubricated by southern brews, a bright yellow sash cutting across your vision and a thousand fists raised towards the sky.

You have been listening to Mexican Radio…

*end transmission*

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
;D Welcome into our slightly dysfunctional but multi cultural PRE family mexican. South of the border is the only place for me. :)

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE
What an intro! Another passionate Tiger in the den with a few slaps around the chops for our knuckledragging northern cousins thrown in for fun. Pleasure to welcome you Mechicho.

< Helmie | Avanti! >