Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Another salty serial Richmond hater Leigh Montagna managed to slight us twice today. First when mentioning great current midfielders, he immediately named Clangerfield and Fyfe then added Dusty as an afterthought and while talking about Papley he said he’s just a small forward and you don’t pay overs for players like Castagna as a comparison. George has got something that Papley and Montagna don’t. In fact he’s got 2 of them: Premiership medals.
You don't understand castagna you don't understand richmond

Reactions: 8 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Pffft Leigh Montagna...... I love it when he sits next to Browny and his bio says 3 x premiership player and Montagna's say 3 x Grand finalist!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Why do we care? There’s plenty of saltiness going around and plenty of talking up of others but we won the flag so I don’t care. This time last year there were those saying we had lost our depth but we won both the afl and vfl premierships.
They have missed the vfl players again by not looking at who wasn’t in the grand final team. We will regenerate again and there will be the pundits wondering where CCJ, RCD and others have come from when it’s there for them all the see. Just do a little homework.

Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Was surprised to hear Nick Dal santo give us a wrap on Sen while talking trades,

The other guy on there with him asked what do Richmond need ?

He answered .... Nothing, just need 2020 to start so they can do it again

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Re small forwards, we have made it an art form drafting these types late in the draft and rookie draft. Lambert, George, Butler, Baker, Short, etc. Rioli the only exception.

I find the potential Papley trade for a top 10 pick typical Carlton madness.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Re small forwards, we have made it an art form drafting these types late in the draft and rookie draft. Lambert, George, Butler, Baker, Short, etc. Rioli the only exception.

Carlton eh.... no wonder they can't develop their own when you take a look at whose been running the program at the Northern blues! Josh Frazer!:rotfl1

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Agree the more they talk about the eagles the better I reckon - anyone would av thought they just won back to back flags.

I think Ryan will feel the effects of no Rioli as having 2 gun smalls was difficult for teams to tag.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

strange post. small forward is just about the hardest position to play in modern footy. and just because we have been successful in getting some of them late in the draft, doesn't mean they aren't valuable or easy to find. i rate Papley personally.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
All well they got Kelly,but Rioli is a massive lost for them people underestimate huge.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The years of us giving up first rounders has gone.
We are the kings of the late pick, preseason draft and the rookie draft.
We should package our picks 19,37,38 & 39 to picks 78,79,80,82 & 83 :mhihi

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Dwayne Russell still a huge wrap for us....

Just said on trade radio that......
Geelong definitely would have beaten Richmond had Hawkins played.
West Coast were the best team in it this year... :rotfl1
In the lead up to the 2017 GF, Dwayne said that us winning would be bad for football because of our defensive game.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
All well they got Kelly,but Rioli is a massive lost for them people underestimate huge.

I think you're overestimating how long his suspension will be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's playing R1 next year. I'm not expecting it to be a long term ban.

• Angry

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I think you're overestimating how long his suspension will be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's playing R1 next year. I'm not expecting it to be a long term ban.

Stupidity ban.
I too think he will be too!

Who knows 100%.
Tampering is viewed harshly though even though he was silly/stupid.