Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Belgian by birth, and was there until he was 25. You will need to find another rascict slur.

Bet hes far northern Belgian.

Boers arent a race

But point taken, shouldnt be too hard to come up with a valid slur for Corman.

*smile* perhaps?

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Bet hes far northern Belgian.

Boers arent a race

But point taken, shouldnt be too hard to come up with a valid slur for Corman.

*smile* perhaps?
The Dutch have very good jokes about Belgium. Their standard one is
"Did you know there is actually a border between France and Holland? "
"It's called Belgium" :)

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dutch sense of humour on a par with the German sense of humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Drunk and asleep in the street, not necessarily. I'm referring to the behaviour that goes hand-in-hand.

FWIW the HS poll is running at 91% against.

It's just another lowering of standards, a weakening of resolve, like laying down in the "war on drugs".

We reap what we sow.
I am not surprised 91% of responders to a Hun poll think that, not only because of the demographic of Hun readers, and poll responders, but also, because if the only knowledge of the issue they have is that article people are more likely to oppose.
It represents the union as the official police response.
it also says the AMA slams the reforms when they dont, the spokesperson just says the reform will need to be implemented well.
the article also only gives a very brief quote from a politician about the benefits.

here is an article that shows both views:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Drunk and asleep in the street, not necessarily. I'm referring to the behaviour that goes hand-in-hand.

FWIW the HS poll is running at 91% against.

It's just another lowering of standards, a weakening of resolve, like laying down in the "war on drugs".

We reap what we sow.

I'm very comfortable disagreeing with 91% of Hun readers in an online poll.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
People who are violent will still get a police response. the current law means anyone who is drunk in public should be charged, and get a criminal record. is that what you think should be happening?
Not correct Brodders. I (along with 3 teammates) got charged with being drunk in a public place on a cricket trip. We were locked up for 4 hours and released. Actually went to court (officer lied about the incident in court) but did not get a conviction recorded/criminal record.

FWIW I think it is a silly law, we were lost walking back to our accommodation and cops just didn't want us on street. The cops could sit outside every pub in Aust around closing time and arrest almost everyone that walks out if they applied it religously.

They don't enforce it now, the change will make little difference IMO.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The D&D law has always been used to arrest people they just want to arrest.

Drunkeness is not a legal problem, it is a social and health problem, and should be treated that way.

If drunks act in ways which threaten others or disturb the peace (whatever that means) then there are plenty of laws to arrest people for in those situations.

If you really want to get crime rates down, legalise drugs, all making them illegal does is increase the price and ensure anyone who has a drug problem is treated like a criminal rather than someone with an addiction problem. It has never seriously had an impact on the ability to source drugs, although it does push the price up - good for dealers. Also the drugs which are made illegal is selective, alcohol would be the drug which causes the largest number of problems but is legal, yet marijuana is illegal and causes way less problems.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If pubs, clubs and sporting venues were responsible servers of alcohol, public drunkeness would be a minor problem.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The D&D law has always been used to arrest people they just want to arrest.

Drunkeness is not a legal problem, it is a social and health problem, and should be treated that way.

If drunks act in ways which threaten others or disturb the peace (whatever that means) then there are plenty of laws to arrest people for in those situations.

If you really want to get crime rates down, legalise drugs, all making them illegal does is increase the price and ensure anyone who has a drug problem is treated like a criminal rather than someone with an addiction problem. It has never seriously had an impact on the ability to source drugs, although it does push the price up - good for dealers. Also the drugs which are made illegal is selective, alcohol would be the drug which causes the largest number of problems but is legal, yet marijuana is illegal and causes way less problems.

DS
MDMA makes you want to dance and hug people - "QUiCk, lET's stRiP-seArcH 12-YeAr-oLdS!"

But don't even dream of taking a sniffer dog into the Birdcage or backstage at the Logies.

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Morrison Governments dispute with China has crossed the trade boundary, with China tweeting a fake image of an Australian soldier holding a knife to the throat of a child sitting on an Afghanistan flag.
Looks like China are answering Australia's previous rebuke of them over human rights, interesting times.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
China is doing this to australia because they can. They had to hit a target that they know can’t hit back like for like. They can’t hit the US as hard or the European Union because they know they can get hurt on the way back.
This is not just about Australia this is about the “west” and we are the fall guys.
Huawei is banned elsewhere, so is the belt and road, their role in COVID-19 was condemned by others, others have condemned the Uighar internments and the Spratley settlements.
Lets see of our “friends” stand by us. I won’t be holding my breath.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Its absolutely brazen for a Government official to post a photoshopped image like that.
Are they playing Scott on a fast break knowing he was tied to Trump's hip?
They know image is everything to Morrison.

Anyways I couldn't care less about who's running our country. All this is recent conflict is doing is accelerating China's long term plans...

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The Morrison Governments dispute with China has crossed the trade boundary, with China tweeting a fake image of an Australian soldier holding a knife to the throat of a child sitting on an Afghanistan flag.
Looks like China are answering Australia's previous rebuke of them over human rights, interesting times.
Childish sort of behaviour from China. Quite pathetic really. Best to ignore because if you react that's exactly what they want.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
If this is followed the ALP will win the next election.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not correct Brodders. I (along with 3 teammates) got charged with being drunk in a public place on a cricket trip. We were locked up for 4 hours and released. Actually went to court (officer lied about the incident in court) but did not get a conviction recorded/criminal record.

FWIW I think it is a silly law, we were lost walking back to our accommodation and cops just didn't want us on street. The cops could sit outside every pub in Aust around closing time and arrest almost everyone that walks out if they applied it religously.

They don't enforce it now, the change will make little difference IMO.
the law was used over 6000 times in Victoria last year, i believe. it is enforced, predominantly against vulnerable people who are no risk to others, and there is little public benefit gained from them being charged.
that is why Victoria is getting rid of the law.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
the law was used over 6000 times in Victoria last year, i believe. it is enforced, predominantly against vulnerable people who are no risk to others, and there is little public benefit gained from them being charged.
that is why Victoria is getting rid of the law.

91% of Herald Sun readers who responded to an online poll disagree

LOL

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No idea the point of that article.

Trying to get terrorists to eat more meat?

Largely another green-bashing piece

The journalistic equivalent of dusty shrugging a gryan miers tackle.