Tasmania | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tasmania

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I don’t quite understand the fixturing part of it. 11 games in Tassie and 11 at Marvel? Does that mean the non-Victorian clubs either play their home game interstate or the kangaroos only play the non Victorian teams once a year as the home team, every year?
Yep, he's essentially saying they play 22 home games a year...WTF!

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Don’t think super Eddie clearly thought through this and can’t believe people like Dwayne Russell agreed that it was an idea to think about and had Eddie on his show!

What did I expect from a Fox colleague!

Didn’t make much sense.

Plan B????

A Super Team. No club presidents would even agree on such a proposal.

Tasmania WANT their OWN team not some Tasmania kangaroo animal that Eddie was talking about.

North Melb have steadfastly said THEY are not going anywhere.

They are DEBT free. Yes they still get their AFL apportioned $ but so do all the other clubs , obviously at a tiered level.

The more this goes on the more I think it may not eventuate.

The Tasmanian people want their own team to support but at the $ they are talking about will certainly be more than tabled and I can’t see the people approving the outlay by the Govt when there are things more important ( infrastructure wise ) to build and put $ towards.

Unless the AFL fund this , I don’t see how they can as they are struggling too and with the next broadcast rights , coaches screaming for more support , where will the $ come from.

The only asset the AFL own is Etihad and they borrowed on that!

This may fail before it truly gets off the ground.

Unfortunately for the people of Tasmania. I have to agree with them on that!

The AFL over the past 10 years has spent $ ( a lot ) to get franchise clubs like GWS and GC up and started instead of looking at Tasmania and NT first.

That would have been a better outcome. 18 clubs.

The competition cannot support 19/20 clubs right now.

This hasn’t truly been thought through how this will work, retention, pool of good players, diluting the competitions of SA and WA more and more importantly the cost $ to an already struggling competition since Covid.

Last edited:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I read it and thought “there’s one of the worst thought bubbles I’ve heard”.
Eddie seems to use Wednesday FC to run a campaign for his ever increasing absurd ideas and proposals. The twitter reaction has provided some quality reading.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Eddie seems to use Wednesday FC to run a campaign for his ever increasing absurd ideas and proposals. The twitter reaction has provided some quality reading.
I have to go and have a look jb!

I hardly venture down media street but maybe Twitter might give me some laughs…

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I watched it. Was rambling nonsense that someone might come up with on the Facebook page, "Nuffies on AFL pages." So convoluted and absurd. He really does have the persona, rhetoric and articulation of a late primary school aged child when he presents these thought bubbles.

If Tasmania is to be involved in the AFL, it's a Tasmanian team from scratch, or nothing. If it's nothing, so be it. We move on and put our energies into something else.

I just wonder if the moment passed longer ago than is often perceived. And that was when the game still had peak attention in the State in the 1990s, when Port Adelaide was admitted at the expense of the Tasmanian bid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
not sure if you're being serious
Are you kidding? This is only for struggling clubs like lolnorf.

Deadly serious, why wouldn't we jump at the chance to play every game either in Melbourne or Tassie? Never again go to Perth, Adelaide, Sydney or Queensland and play essentially a never ending cycle of home games.

No real impact on our Melbourne heartland, a handful less games in Melbourne but a nice cheap trips to Tassie to compensate.

Tassie would embrace us with the history with have and we would go to 150,000 members in the blink of an eye.

It would make us an absolute powerhouse like the competition has never seen before, for ever and ever.

Any Melbourne club who didn't ring up the AFL and ask if this was any chance of being real today is negligent.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I thought this plan sounded familiar.
Alan Bond resurrected

“……..Richmond Football Club’s incoming president, Alan Bond, last night said the Tigers would spend $12 million to play 11 games in Brisbane and 11 in Victoria from next year……..”

From memory I think he wanted us to play our home games at the ‘G and our away games in Brisbane. I think he spat the dummy and stepped down as president soon after the suggestion was knocked on the head. Thank *smile* on all counts

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Alan Bond resurrected

“……..Richmond Football Club’s incoming president, Alan Bond, last night said the Tigers would spend $12 million to play 11 games in Brisbane and 11 in Victoria from next year……..”

From memory I think he wanted us to play our home games at the ‘G and our away games in Brisbane. I think he spat the dummy and stepped down as president soon after the suggestion was knocked on the head. Thank *smile* on all counts
Indeed. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.
No surprise Bond proposed this but I wonder what Ed's been smoking.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Alan Bond resurrected

Forgot about!
Thank goodness that didn’t eventuate.

Alan Bond…wow