Team changes v port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team changes v port

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We're lining up with Gibcus on Robbie Gray. That's bad news.
That won’t happen.

I would be okay with it if we didn't also pick Gibcus.

We will absolutely be hiding him on the bench. He can't go back due to who else we have selected, and he is not a forward.
Agree on Gibcus. If we wanted to play another defender then it should have been Mansell.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
With Miller on the interchange I image he will be support ruck rather than a fulltime defender. A sound idea having a mobile big man chopping out Nanks when required

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
That won’t happen.

Agree on Gibcus. If we wanted to play another defender then it should have been Mansell.
I doubt we'll see Gibcus start on Gray, too.

But it's difficult to see where we hide the extra tall.

We will have mismatches all day with the side we've selected.

I can totally envision Nank trundling after Gray into open goals.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Not sure why we worry about being too tall.This game will be tight as previous games against Port.One thing for sure is that at the pointy end of the game the talls will still be tall.Hafey speak here.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
This is another week of silly team selection.

We are, yet again, going in to a game with 9 defenders.

Are we seriously going in with Nank and Miller as our Rucks?

Nank is barely moving and Miller is a backman.

Take both out, play Soldo and one of Dow/Stack/Hugo/Clarke. Granted, aside from Dow none had great games in the VFL, but neither did Gibcus.

I would have thought we learned last week that you play mids as mids, and forwards as forwards.

I'm not sure why we feel the need to handicap ourselves every week this year.
i thought nanks 3rd quarter turned the game for us.
miller could well be the versatile relief ruck weve been looking for.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It shouldn't have mattered., once Marshall was out there was no need for an extra tall in Gibcus. Balta, Tarrant and Broad would take care of Dixon and Finlayson will play forward and 2nd ruck Also, the weather forecast is for rain.
How mch does a forecast of showers in morning and afternoon impact selections for a night game?

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Not sure why we worry about being too tall.This game will be tight as previous games against Port.One thing for sure is that at the pointy end of the game the talls will still be tall.Hafey speak here.
Just hope they can mark the slippery pill as they'll be chasing tail once it hits the ground!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's more important to be able to run the game out, which we haven't on several occasions this year and last.

Too tall. Are we tanking?

Reactions: 1 users

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
In Search Of.
Riley Collier-Dawkins.
Lambs, Cads, Matty P and probably Riley depart.
In two minds about Shedsy.
Need to recruit an elite GWS mid, can back-end the salary.
Trent definitely plays on next year.
images (10) (3).jpeg

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
i thought nanks 3rd quarter turned the game for us.
miller could well be the versatile relief ruck weve been looking for.
I agree. For a bloke who's 'hardly moving' 19 disposals, 32 hitouts, 6 clearances and 9 contested possessions is amazing. Imagine if he plays when he isn't hardly moving.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
In light of Port's changes, there's no way we can have Gibcus back in. With Balta going back, we need another runner in the team. Out of the options, I hope it's Mansell in as a late replacement for Gibcus, with Edwards as sub.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wow, you guys have got really spooked over the last few weeks!!

This isn't a strong Port team and their (clearly) best scoring forward is out.

They will want this to be tight and low scoring. Kick more than 80-85 and we should beat them. I mean who is going to score for them repeatedly?

If we can get Lynch, Jack and Cumbo in the game and kicking goals then we should win.

I actually think we are lining up fairly well against them. Their best differentiator was Finlayson in the ruck, his stats the last month or so have been excellent, but they are bumping him back forward (remember 2019) and playing Teakle who was in the SANFL at the start of the year, Nank should be able to deal with him.

Their backline is short so if we can isolate Lynch or Jack they will be licking their lips. IMO their best defender in Clurey isn't even playing, he was very good at the G earlier this year.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003

I'm impressed by your unwavering confidence in this team!

It wasn't a strong North Melbourne team either but looked what happened there. When the team continues to play half a game of football each week and every result is within 10 points, it's the little things that make the difference. The opposition is almost irrelevant as we manufacture a close result no matter who they are. Being spooked is justified, and I wish I had your confidence.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

They will want this to be tight and low scoring. Kick more than 80-85 and we should beat them. I mean who is going to score for them repeatedly?

If we can get Lynch, Jack and Cumbo in the game and kicking goals then we should win.

I actually think we are lining up fairly well against them. Their best differentiator was Finlayson in the ruck, his stats the last month or so have been excellent, but they are bumping him back forward (remember 2019) and playing Teakle who was in the SANFL at the start of the year, Nank should be able to deal with him.

Their backline is short so if we can isolate Lynch or Jack they will be licking their lips. IMO their best defender in Clurey isn't even playing, he was very good at the G earlier this year.
Dickson has been doing a fair bit of ruck duties, so he will be a reasonable replacement for Marshall.
Teakle to have a few pre-game tinkles at the thought of rucking against Nank.
Agree re their defence, break even in the midfield and we'll win.