Team changes v port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team changes v port

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
It's our second home, Adelayed oval.
We love it there because we get to snuff SA teams chances.
We got this Tigers.
Eat em alive.
Tigers by 28. In a canter.
i cant remember.
whats a canter.?

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The MC just can't help themselves.
We have some really promising players playing vfl. Players who handle and dispose. Players like tonight’s Collingwood player Ash Johnson, who comes from nowhere and kicks 4.
Tom Brown not George.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yep, we haven't been outplayed by anyone for 3 months or so.

We had a few close losses in mid-2017 as well, but off memory, the last time a team outplayed us was back in Round 6 that year. Nobody dismantled our system in the 2nd half of our premiership seasons. Same here.

In 2022, during a heavy training load period, the scoreboard was evened up by low probability events to put us in the 50/50 position of having to accept a coin toss result...

There's no reason to get spooked by a couple of coin toss games that don't predict the future.

So... assuming a normal game without too many outliers, extreme circumstances, or disproportionate bad luck - we easily win this match because we're currently the best or second best team in the comp.

If we're luckier in September than we were in July then we'll be in for a wild ride this year. All signs remain consistent with the possibility of something special.
There are similarities to 2017. The differences are we were smashing teams by the last few rounds of the year. Won 6 of the last 7 H&A, 5 by 30 points plus. 3rd on the ladder, this year will be 7th at best. The other difference is age. Our average age was 24years 9months in RD 20. Only 2 players were near 30yo. Compared to average 27yo this year and 9 players in that bracket. Many would not be playing at 100%. That's the nature of the beast at that age. I just can't see us standing up to the added finals pressure for 4 games in a row. Let's focus on making the 8 first. There have been a lot of surprise results this year.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We have some really promising players playing vfl. Players who handle and dispose. Players like tonight’s Collingwood player Ash Johnson, who comes from nowhere and kicks 4.
Tom Brown not George.
Agree not George but Brown has been playing mainly back and has had an injury-disrupted season. Playing well but I prefer he plays the season out in VFL, have a strong pre-season ready to go for next year. Am pretty excited by what he has shown.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
It's our second home, Adelayed oval.
We love it there because we get to snuff SA teams chances.
We got this Tigers.
Eat em alive.
Tigers by 28. In a canter.
Hope you are right HR, but you never know which Tiger team is going to turn up.
Will it be like the North Melb, Freo and two quarter Brisbane efforts or will it be the second half Brisbane scene.
Who knows what we will turn up with.
Anyone's guess.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Port are *smile*.
But they have Rozee & Bulters who save there best against us.
Get ready for Dixon's best game of the year.
I can't see how we win. We play at best 2 qtrs of AFL standard footy and the rest is 1989 quality.
Not expecting a win

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ch 7 mentioned some minor injury to Bakes before they showed Castagna walking into the airport with the team.

Late change? Please no.

Reactions: 1 users