Team Rules? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team Rules?

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
Do we have any team rules down at Punt Road? I can think of a couple that should be introduced or reinforced after watching Friday night’s game:

1.When you gain possession of the ball, if you bounce the ball before you run 3 or 4 metres (as Zantuck did in the defensive goalsquare) you will be dragged,

2. Instead of bombing from 55 metres out and landing the ball on the goal line for an easy rushed behind, kick to the top of the goalsquare or look for a short option around 35 metres out &

3. At every center bounce have one of our big fellas camped at 35 – 40 metres out from goal for the scrambled kick from the center break. Time and time again I have seen the ball kicked into that area with no talls there to contest the mark.

Perhaps these are team rules already in place but if not should be introduced immediately. Any others that you think should be introduced?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
4) David Rodan, you are not playing junior football anymore, no more heroics that cost the club 4 points

5) Dudcan, under no circumstances, be allowed to kick.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Don't kick to a standing target.

Don't go short to a 50/50.

Try going staight down the guts.

If Richo leads deep into the pockets ignore him. ;D

Leave the forward line open more.

Forwards follow their backman down the ground.

Pat team mates on the bum and pump each other up.

(Sure they are there, just don't see them all the time)

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
In danny's defence I'm sure that he has team rules and there probably pretty good.

BUT

What seperates the good coaches from the not so good coaches is being able to get your players to follow a game plan or set of team rules. On that count Spud doesn't do to well.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Players that take the easy option and constantly kick long down the boundary lines to a contest (mostly to richo) and don't look for other options in the middle of the ground should be dragged.

Players close to the play that stand and watch the player in possession (either mark/free kick or general play) and do not give a lateral running option should be dragged.

IMO these are the team rules that severly let us down every week. Either Spud the dud does not instruct this or he just simply cannot enforce it.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I think this would be a pretty effective team rule:

For the good of the team Bowden, Rogers, Pettifer and Biddiscombe must be dragged twice a game without fail.