Team selection vs Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team selection vs Geelong Cants

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Obviously Bolton goes out with concussion protocols.

Graham will apparently be available for selection.
Mansell likely returns as well.

Smith should come into consideration.
They'll probably give Kosi another week in defence before trialing that despite Young's injury.

I'd say it will be few changes. Yze will be keen to settle some players after a decent performance.

Out: Bolton (inj), Green (or Sonsie)
In: Graham, Mansell

Reactions: 1 user
Kosi to come in and play down back, with Balta to play forward.

Reactions: 2 users
More importantly, who do we play on Stewart?

Initially I thought Broad but then I remembered the brilliant job he did on Cameron last year.

Some other options - Pickett, KMac, Brown (learning opportunity). Maybe even Miller.

More importantly, who do we play on Stewart?

Initially I thought Broad but then I remembered the brilliant job he did on Cameron last year.

Some other options - Pickett, KMac, Brown (learning opportunity). Maybe even Miller.
If we play someone defensive on him surely it is Mansell.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It *smile* me to tears watching that sniper get uncontested marks everytime we play them. How hard is it to have someone play tight on him?

It *smile* me to tears watching that sniper get uncontested marks everytime we play them. How hard is it to have someone play tight on him?
I want him knocked out the *smile*

If it was good enough for Young to go back to the 2's for some confidence, then we should be doing the same thing with Short this week. His form has been absolutely awful and those dump kicks are killing us. I watched the replay on tv after being at the game, and the amount of goals they kicked on us from his turnovers was high. Lets give Smith a taste of the AFL next week. I think he's a better defender than Short is too from what I've seen in the VFL

Reactions: 8 users
Was wondering whether he would be in our radar
Just my thoughts but here is my reasoning -
1) Strong and developed AFL-ready body,
2) Has already played at the level and is fit enough and in good VFL form to play now,
3) Has leadership,
4) Only listed as short term contract so can just go on the list for this year and then return to the VFL and his day job as indigenous player development manager at seasons end if required.
The perfect fill-in. He has put himself into the draft and I wouldn’t want to lose him to another club.

Reactions: 6 users
Blicavs and Clark both out for 1 week for high hits
Is Geelong going to challenge?

They'll probably give Kosi another week in defence before trialing that despite Young's injury.

I'd say it will be few changes. Yze will be keen to settle some players after a decent performance.

Keep Steely in. He'd be more effective than Sonz.

Reactions: 3 users
If it was good enough for Young to go back to the 2's for some confidence, then we should be doing the same thing with Short this week. His form has been absolutely awful and those dump kicks are killing us. I watched the replay on tv after being at the game, and the amount of goals they kicked on us from his turnovers was high. Lets give Smith a taste of the AFL next week. I think he's a better defender than Short is too from what I've seen in the VFL
Unlikely as vice and earlier JDM winner but I agree with you. Love to see Smith get his chance.

Prefer to see Graham come back through reserves. If he plays and goes down with the same hamstring again, heads should roll.

Reactions: 1 users