Team selection vs Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team selection vs Geelong Cants

Kosi Miller Short
Vlastuin Broad DRioli
Hugo McAuliffe McIntosh
Cumbo Lefau Campbell
Martin Balta Mansell

Nank Dow Baker
Prestia Pickett Baker Brown Green

Short needs the Kmac treatment to find form in the VFL.
Cumberland could be in trouble, but may survive bc of Bolton out with concussion.
Trezise would be my first pick to come in as he plays Sat night we win as he was originally a forward in the bush and he could've accounted for Ridley's dominance. I reckon he would make a terrific swing player for us as he can play tall and short. He's best 22 with our list and should play if fit.
I think they will rush Graham back which is a risky venture considering his history and Mansell will walk into the side as he at least offers a bit of hardness although with little scoreboard pressure. Yze seems to love these types of players.
I was impressed with Green's 15min cameo and I would love him to start and possibly Graham as sub. I still like a guy with leg speed as a sub and Graham defies this .
I am more interested in the MSD to see if they pick a ready made guy that will be instantly selected.

Out Bolton Green and Sonsie.
In Mansell Smith and Trezise.

B Vlastuin Miller Trezise if available, otherwise Kosy.
HB Brown Broad Smith*
C Ralphsmith Dow McAuliffe
HF Cumberland Mansell Campbell
F Martin Balta Lefau (Stewart)
R Nankervis Rioli D, Baker
I/C McIntosh Pickett Prestia and Ryan
Sub Short.

Was a bit disappointed in Steely's lack of sense for the moment when we had the game on the line, took so much time to just kick the ball into the man on the mark in a moment that needed pace. Stalled in another section too when we really needed to go. Am sure he can play and was overwhelmed to come at the moment he did but the lack of awareness was a bit of downer.

Reactions: 1 users
If it was good enough for Young to go back to the 2's for some confidence, then we should be doing the same thing with Short this week. His form has been absolutely awful and those dump kicks are killing us. I watched the replay on tv after being at the game, and the amount of goals they kicked on us from his turnovers was high. Lets give Smith a taste of the AFL next week. I think he's a better defender than Short is too from what I've seen in the VFL
It was good enough for KMac, too. Neither he or Young have been as bad as Short this year. I’d love to see the percentage of his kicks that have been turnovers.

Reactions: 5 users
Out: Bolton, Green, Ryan
In: Graham, Mansell, Kosi

Kosi was pretty good as a backman. He was far more instinctive and was better reading the play. I would start him down back and if that does't work swap with Balta forward. Ryan was useless on the weekend. Not physical enough. Needs to pack on 10kg's.

Out Bolton Ryan Green Short
In Graham Kosi Mansell Smith

It was good enough for KMac, too. Neither he or Young have been as bad as Short this year. I’d love to see the percentage of his kicks that have been turnovers.
Short, as a leader, should lead by putting his hand up and say the team is worse for my presence. Go back for a week, something to break the chains of an appalling year.

Reactions: 1 user
It *smile* me to tears watching that sniper get uncontested marks everytime we play them. How hard is it to have someone play tight on him?
Not hard at all, as has been proven over the last few weeks. Just stupid *smile* coaches took six years to work out that sometimes you need someone to do a job instead of " oh we'll just do our team structures *smile* n hope something works out "

Reactions: 2 users
Good effort against second top side & with a bit of luck could have knocked them off. Bolton big loss aginst Catters. Changes Mansell Graham inked in & maybe Kosi as Samson had a shocker. I would manage Kickett keep Steely in. Miller must be under pump to hold his spot.

Okay the hardest team we can put on the park and hope it buckets down .

In saying that I’d like to continue to “ give” games to the cubs , great road trip for the education purposes

In saying that I’d like to continue to “ give” games to the cubs , great road trip for the education purposes
Is Andy Goodwin eligible for the MSD?

• Haha
Good effort against second top side & with a bit of luck could have knocked them off. Bolton big loss aginst Catters. Changes Mansell Graham inked in & maybe Kosi as Samson had a shocker. I would manage Kickett keep Steely in. Miller must be under pump to hold his spot.

Why would Miller be under the pump?

Reactions: 2 users
Just my thoughts but here is my reasoning -
1) Strong and developed AFL-ready body,
2) Has already played at the level and is fit enough and in good VFL form to play now,
3) Has leadership,
4) Only listed as short term contract so can just go on the list for this year and then return to the VFL and his day job as indigenous player development manager at seasons end if required.
The perfect fill-in. He has put himself into the draft and I wouldn’t want to lose him to another club.
He seems like a quality person and is playing really well at vfl level but to me unless we see him in our long term plans then I don't see the point. ( we may see him in long term plans btw, he isn't that old).
Otherwise play the kids even if Garner would be better than them in the seniors right now.
I wonder if he even nominated?

He seems like a quality person and is playing really well at vfl level but to me unless we see him in our long term plans then I don't see the point. ( we may see him in long term plans btw, he isn't that old).
Otherwise play the kids even if Garner would be better than them in the seniors right now.
I wonder if he even nominated?
If we dont see long term players available, we should draft the best VFL players at other clubs, so they can play for us instead!

Looks likely to get slippery and wet again at the Pussy Velodrome on Saturday night.