Team v Gold Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team v Gold Coast

This is the reserves team for tomorrow's VFL game. No Cumberland and No Brown but Steely has been named. So we have 2 emergencies going up to QLD.

Richmond VFL has finalised its team ahead of its third practice match against Box Hill Hawks on Saturday morning.

After losing their first two practice games by a combined margin of 18 points to Collingwood and North Melbourne, the Tigers will return to the Swinburne Centre on Saturday morning to take on the Hawks.

Ten AFL-listed players have been named in Saturday’s squad, including Hugo Ralphsmith, Judson Clarke, Matthew Coulthard, Kane McAuliffe, James Trezise, Mykelti Lefau, Ben Miller, Steely Green, Kaleb Smith and Oliver Hayes-Brown.

Richmond VFL practice match squad v Box Hill Hawks, Saturday, March 9, 10:00am AEDT, Swinburne Centre

BacksNicholas Girolami59Ben Miller46Mutaz El Nour57
Half-BacksKaleb Smith49Hugo Ralphsmith13James Trezise36
CentreChad Harris54Kane McAuliffe21Nick Guiney62
Half-ForwardsMatthew Coulthard26Judson Clarke11Steely Green48
ForwardsArchie May71Cameron Olden58Mykelti Lefau42
FollowersOliver Hayes-Brown39Tom McCarthy76William Bravo70
InterchangeJed Feneley64Austin Johnson51Thomas Brindley61
Lachlan Wilson82Mohammed Yassine52Sam Davidson73

Reactions: 1 users
Warwick Capper showing you around Surfers tonight?

Big Tiges supporter back in the day Warwick, when he would play seconds at South he would quickly get to the MCG. I had an Uncle who worked with his Father and meet WC at a Tiges game, just a normal bloke back in the day. Seems strange doesn"t it.

Reactions: 1 user
Not much happening in today’s session. Very light run with a few ball movement drills. Moving from the backline it was 1-2 kicks to the wing and then a 45 degree kick back into the middle and then run and support towards goal.

Hopper, Naismith and Young barely got into a jog.

Prestia and Taranto also did very little work.

If conditions today are like tomorrow we won’t have anything to complain about.

Reactions: 3 users
Big Tiges supporter back in the day Warwick, when he would play seconds at South he would quickly get to the MCG. I had an Uncle who worked with his Father and meet WC at a Tiges game, just a normal bloke back in the day. Seems strange doesn"t it.
Yeah, I worked with a bloke who played under 19s with him at South. Said similar, he was quite shy and quiet.

Hahaha. Could you imagine a night on the town with the Whiz.

"Now Smokin, we're good to go buddy, I'll send a car over at 10 sharp. All I ask is that you bring a cash roll, $1500 should be enough. And a wrench. And a defibrillator, one of those mini ones in a travel pack. And wear clothes that don't show blood easy. If you lose me somehow, don't worry about it, probably means I've run into some poon tang and wanna party. Don't think anything of it. By the way do you know any red-headed dwarves? ... nah, didn't say anything. You're hearing things mate! See you soon and welcome to gold coast best coast paesan!"

• Haha
Went to the Captain' Run (but no hint who the captain would be!).

Interestingly Naismith, Hopper, Prestia and Taranto did nothing other than bounce the ball to each other. Probably just management.

Things I noted:
- Samson dropping uncontested high balls and kicking the ball over blokes heads

- MRJ with some nice bullets into forward 50. Hope he can do that tomorrow

- Kamdyn and Grimes look cooked to me

- Need Brown in the team. His kicking is immaculate.

Reactions: 6 users
Making it up, you haven't seen the video we're he has admitted openly things he needs to work on ?.

It's not by luck now that now 3 coaches have ignored his talent for certain reasons. Ask yourself why . I think you're making the bs up.

Every young player has things they need to work on.

Two of those coaches aren’t even at the club any more because their coaching was poor and the 3rd hasn’t even coached a game yet.

Went to the Captain' Run (but no hint who the captain would be!).

Interestingly Naismith, Hopper, Prestia and Taranto did nothing other than bounce the ball to each other. Probably just management.

Things I noted:
- Samson dropping uncontested high balls and kicking the ball over blokes heads

- MRJ with some nice bullets into forward 50. Hope he can do that tomorrow

- Kamdyn and Grimes look cooked to me

- Need Brown in the team. His kicking is immaculate.

Delilah is a real worry that he’s dropping marks missing targets Sounds like he needs games in the VFL to find his game

Reactions: 2 users
Of course I don’t.

Just going off exposed form in the practice matches, training form, and pretty much his entire body of work last season on which, to the non-professional eye, he appears not to have improved upon.

But hey, I hope I’m wrong and he miraculously turns into the player we all hope he might be.

I guess we’ll have a better idea after the game.
So, happy with his output for the game? Hoping so, as I thought he was pretty effective. Coaches may have gotten his selection right methinks.

So, happy with his output for the game? Hoping so, as I thought he was pretty effective. Coaches may have gotten his selection right methinks.

Honestly? Not really.

7 touches, 1 mark, 2 tackles, 1 missed shot directly in front not that far out. A few good pressure acts. Pretty much your typical MRJ game. If that’s an effective game, the bar is set pretty low.

I liked his effort (he can never be accused of not trying), but was underwhelmed by his output. For mine, he gets stuck in no- man’s land too often, is uncompetitive above his head in a marking contest, and burns more opportunities than he creates.

I’d play Cumberland ahead of him every day of the week.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Honestly? Not really.

7 touches, 1 mark, 2 tackles, 1 missed shot directly in front not that far out. A few good pressure acts. Pretty much your typical MRJ game. If that’s an effective game, the bar is set pretty low.

I liked his effort (he can never be accused of not trying), but was underwhelmed by his output. For mine, he gets stuck in no- man’s land too often, is uncompetitive above his head in a marking contest, and burns more opportunities than he creates.

I’d play Cumberland ahead of him every day of the week.
Cumberland? Was absolutely terrible in every game he played last season, and unlike MJR, he certainly does not give the effort that MJR provides every week.
You are a very harsh judge of a player if you aren’t happy with his output on the weekend. Yep, should have nailed that shot at goal for sure but there‘s more to a players game than stats output.

Cumberland? Was absolutely terrible in every game he played last season, and unlike MJR, he certainly does not give the effort that MJR provides every week.
You are a very harsh judge of a player if you aren’t happy with his output on the weekend. There’s more to a players game than stats output.

Agree that stats never tell the whole story - but it goes both ways. I'm not disputing he had a few good pressure acts, but how about the times the ball was kicked to him in a marking contest in the front half, and the ball immediately rebounded out because he was incapable of impacting the contest? How about all the time he spent jogging around in space nowhere near an opponent? I think that's my main criticism of MRJ - not enough strings to his bow.

That's why I'd prefer Cumberland over MRJ at this stage of their development. Both of them had underwhelming years last year, and I certainly don't think Cumberland is without his issues, but he's a better marking target, hits the scoreboard more consistently, and can do the pressure forward stuff too.

Anyway, I get the feeling we may need to agree to disagree on this one!

Agree that stats never tell the whole story - but it goes both ways. I'm not disputing he had a few good pressure acts, but how about the times the ball was kicked to him in a marking contest in the front half, and the ball immediately rebounded out because he was incapable of impacting the contest? How about all the time he spent jogging around in space nowhere near an opponent? I think that's my main criticism of MRJ - not enough strings to his bow.

That's why I'd prefer Cumberland over MRJ at this stage of their development. Both of them had underwhelming years last year, and I certainly don't think Cumberland is without his issues, but he's a better marking target, hits the scoreboard more consistently, and can do the pressure forward stuff too.

Anyway, I get the feeling we may need to agree to disagree on this one!
Yep, agree to disagree, no issue there👍