Team vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Carlton

Hope Blues do play tall because it's going to likely be damp and damn cold (forecast says feels like 3 degrees at 3pm). Our small guys will be waltzing it out of their backline. Obviously Tigers see more flexibility in Chol as backup ruckman to Soldo as he can play elsewhere when not rucking whereas Soldo can't.

Reactions: 1 user
sensible and solid from the Tiges MC.. not so from the Cartoon Blouse.. it will be wet..

Interesting comparison with our GF team: setting aside the injured Cotchin, most of those not playing this week were medium sized: Grigg, Towner, Kmac.

But those who've come in are either tall or short, not medium sized: Lynch, Chol, Baker/Stack.

The objective this attempts to meet is to boost both our aerial ability and zip at ground level.

The view of the MC must be that, ultimately, guys like Towner and Kmac are neither one thing nor the other: not elite in the air nor at ground level ... and that translates into a nett deficit by comparison.

Of course, Towner had a goal-kicking purple patch at the time (elite) and Kmac has elite gut running, but the MC must feel that, on balance, we can get more if we have the right combo of talls and smalls, instead of medium sized guys.

My question to you all now is this, would Sunday's team plus Cotchin beat our GF team?

Soldo out for Nankervis
Butler out for stack

The only real surprise is that we let ourselves believe there would be any other outcome.

Thank you iyvan for helping put our club in such a great position. Thank you Sir!

Reactions: 1 users
Probs why Chol gets another game to get back across HB and get in their way.
Spot on. We are rehearsing our plan to curb Kennedy and Darling.

Nank will alternate in this role at times.

Even Riewoldt would drift back if an opponent got a run on, with Dusty or Caddy drifting forward.

Clog up their defence. Keep our forward line open.

Would be preposterous to play Pickett after 1 game @ VFL level after a lengthy layoff.

What is it, 3 x games he has played this year?

Also pretty funny that some thought we would play Soldo and Nank in the same team. We would lose so much flexibility as a result.

I can even see another small coming in for Chol in coming weeks, depending on form and match ups.

Getting close to our best team.
Short is going to have to get more confidence in that arm to stay in as he has barely laid a tackle since his return. Caddy is also still an experiment in his new role away from Jack.
These two look to me to be the most vulnerable with Cotchin, Ross and possibly Pickitt to challenge.

Interesting that Soldo was named on the ground but ultimately dropped. Don't see that often. Trying to catch the Blues off guard perhaps.

Having said that it was the right decision imo.

We are a stronger side for the 2 inclusions, with more weapons to come.

This side will be scary good with Cotch and Ross added, with maybe Pickett to come as well.

Baker, Ellis, Short and Caddy are on notice. Perform or the replacements are coming.

Good question

Say we drop Baker for Cotchin

In - Lynch Chol short stack Bolton
Out - Rance mcintosh Grigg Towner butler

I’m going to say the 2019 version wins.

I’d say 2017 team in a canter.
2019 team done nothing yet. And doesn’t have Rance!

I am a little surprised that Choi was retained but he is very athletic so as a 2nd ruck should be OK. I just hope he doesn't do one of his disappearing acts this week and does four quarters

Good question

Missing Rance at his peak swings it to 2017. And the Butler and Townsend 2017 versions are far better than the current versions which skews the thinking.

Good question

I am with DA

Reckon
2017 loses one or two elite (Rance and Griggs) with 3 middle rung players

2019 has 1 elite (Lynch), a couple of potential elite (stack and Bolton) who are still very inexperienced.

The form of 2017 beats Sunday’s team.

Add Cotch and things might be different .

I am with DA

Reckon

2019 has 1 elite (Lynch), a couple of potential elite (stack and Bolton) who are still very inexperienced.

Not to mention Townsend was in red hot form. Couldn’t miss from anywhere within 50m out. Our accuracy in front of goal this year is poor

I am with DA

Reckon

Does the 2019 Dusty tag the 2017 Dusty or vice versa?

I reckon the 2019 list is better , but the team on Sunday isn’t at full strength so I lean slightly towards the 2017 team because of
Rance.

he was exceptional , reckon he was just as important to us that year as dusty minus the media hype .