Team vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Carlton

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
A few changes this week as our defence can be improved on what I saw last night.
I thought Baker Butler and Short didn’t contribute much with Baker in particular not doing as much as he should have.
The MC also need to give Nank a go perhaps against a weaker rucking outfit, before they settle oni their final ruck choice.

In Markov Nankervis Pickitt and Ross.
Out Baker, Butler, Short and Soldo (rested).

B Broad Astbury Grimes
HB Edwards Valstuin Houli
C Bolton Martin Ellis
HF Rioli Castagna Lambert
F Chol Lynch Riewoldt
R Soldo Ross Prestia
I/C Caddy Graham Markov and Pickitt
TBC Cotchin Soldo and Stack.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Out: Butler, Short, Chol
In: Stack, Nank and in form VFL player (maybe Naish)

Whatever; Butler needs to go and Short not far behind.

Had a quick chat with Stackman outside PRO before the game. Lovely kid and was pretty confident he’d just miss the one game.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
You really think Ross and Pickett will be rushed in? Doubt it very much.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It will be Nank for Chol or Soldo. And anyone for Butler. I think Caddy will stay.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I agree with the outs , I’d also put Kmac in , bit like Graham I just think we are a better team when they are in. I think Cotch and Ross will come in before September too. Syd said he’d be right next week to me too, I have a feeling he’ll get next week off too. I like the facts there’s a lot of genuine hardness to come back in.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Dunno about next week, but before Sept, id like to see last nights side with

Out: butler short baker ellis soldo

In: stack cotchy ross pickett nank

Sounds like its Caddy or Kmac? Tough one

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Nankervis for the superalative soccer striker Soldo
Stack for Butler.

in coming weeks (two?):
Ross for Caddy.
Short for Pickett. I can't see Short being dropped unless Pickett shines. Or Grover does which is a little unlikely.
Bolton or Graham for Cotchin. This last one hurts the most of course in terms of who what e are giving up for Cotchin.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Would like to see the Eagles flog Carlton today so Carlton's temp coach honeymoon period is seen as over and's they are flat for next week.

We had a couple who need a wake up call by being dropped -
Short - with ball in hand he is a worry to turn it over - without the ball his defensive positioning is wrong - and his tackling has become timid.
Butler - seems to have lost the pace of the game which makes him hurry everything he does which causes mistakes
Soldo - thought he was out pointed today by their relief ruckman. Gawn mopped the floor with him around the ground.

Something has to happen to strengthen our mid field, otherwise Cripps will have a field day. Who or what rotations i don't know!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
In: Nanks, Stack, Pickett
Out: Chol, Butler, Short

Nanks for Chol and Stack for Butler are no brainer. Thought long and hard about Pickett. Only 1 game at VFL level but is 27yo and was recruited to make an immediate impact. The sooner he experiences AFL level speed the better. We could get away with giving him less than 70% game time first up. Short probably needs to work on his long kicking to position. Been turning them over way too much. The weapon, his greatest weapon is not working and not kicking sneaky goals like last year either. And agree that Houli, Short, Baker all in the backline makes us a bit short and defensively soft.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
I'm still scared of playing Nando, but Chol didn't do enough and Soldo has been good. Perhaps we're better off bringing Balta back for his versatility and go with Nalta.

Last edited:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
You really think Ross and Pickett will be rushed in? Doubt it very much.

Definitely not Ross. Only played half a game in reserves. Pickett a chance as he's been able to do the fitness work whilst injured. Some choosing Markov to play. Kicked 2 goals but hardly sighted otherwise. 6 disposals, was he maybe injured?

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Butler & Ellis to go out and hopefully Broad as well.Yes I know he’s a wonderful athlete and all that garbage but he’s shithouse when he has possession of the ball.Massive liabilitie.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ross only played a half, he won't be back yet. Pickett maybe.

Out: Chol, Butler, Baker, Short
In: Nank, Stack, KMac, Pickett