Temporary restriction on guests viewing PRE | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Temporary restriction on guests viewing PRE

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
As most would be aware we are having issues with the forum lately. We've tried a few things to fix the problems but so far to no avail.

We are going to try a temporary block on guests viewing PRE to see if it makes any difference to performance.

A lot of people don't bother to log in when checking for updates etc. One of the problems we've found in the past is there are a lot of mobile devices connecting. It seems like a lot of people set their "home page" to the PRE forum so whenever it was turned on, it would connect etc, but no one would ever log in. This causes lots of bandwidth usage and cost $.

We'll leave the change until after our game tonight (unless the forum isn't coping resulting in it being done earlier) but from tomorrow morning people will need to be registered and logged in to access the forum for the next week or so.

Thanks for the understanding. :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Not sure about others but I found the forum slow as treacle for most of the first half. I couldn't get pages to open at all. Have removed guest access a bit earlier to see if it made any difference. I'm finding the forum far quicker now. By the same token the lightning has stopped at the moment too so the problem might have been just on my computer.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
Not sure about others but I found the forum slow as treacle for most of the first half. I couldn't get pages to open at all. Have removed guest access a bit earlier to see if it made any difference. I'm finding the forum far quicker now. By the same token the lightning has stopped at the moment too so the problem might have been just on my computer.

Same here.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks TF. It really helps to know what others are experiencing. No doubt the forum is far more efficient now than it was earlier.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ta Streak. Means it wasn't our localised thunderstorms causing the go slow.

Tommo37

Tiger Superstar
Aug 16, 2011
There's an idea, NO guest access on gameday, before and after, should be left to PRE's only.

Browndog

Tiger Rookie
Sep 24, 2013
Gee this site is reallly struggling. Posing just now and it went to a google site with all different punt road threads. Only got back here because i had the site on my favourites tool bar.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Browndog said:
Gee this site is reallly struggling. Posing just now and it went to a google site with all different punt road threads. Only got back here because i had the site on my favourites tool bar.

Yes we are quite aware the forum has problems and we're trying to fix them. Can you go back and send me a screen print and the address please. I don't see what you say happened can be a fault of the forum. Sounds more like an issue from your end. What do you mean by different punt road threads?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tapatalk will help reduce the load on the server from mobile devices. Well, from mobile devices that have the tapatalk client installed at least.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
hey rosy, im getting a new message only on PRE, something about an unacceptable script and do i wish to ignore script or something. ill copy and paste it next time i see it. never seen it before.

tigergollywog

Feb 4, 2006
Slow script Safari is no longer responding because of a script on the webpage “SUGGESTIONS, TECHNICAL SUPPORT & ANNOUNCEMENTS” (http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?board=16.0). Do you want to stop running the script, or let it continue?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Not sure if this is relevant to this discussion, but something I have noticed is a message telling me that I have already posted from my IP address and to try again in 30 seconds.

Only get it on the game for a laugh boards.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks gollywog. Haven't seen that before. We'll look into it.

Streak on our host's advice we've set peoples time limit to 30 seconds between posts to see if the slight wait helped stop the multiple posts. Were you trying to do a post within 30 seconds of your previous one?

tigergollywog

Feb 4, 2006
rosy23 said:
Thanks gollywog. Haven't seen that before. We'll look into it.

Streak on our host's advice we've set peoples time limit to 30 seconds between posts to see if the slight wait helped stop the multiple posts. Were you trying to do a post within 30 seconds of your previous one?

false alarm rosy, i got the same message on other websites today. its my browser.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Subtle technique to bring ToO out of the woodwork??

BTW, when I tried to post this I just got....

Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

tigergollywog

Feb 4, 2006
Tiger Rob said:
Subtle technique to bring ToO out of the woodwork??

Im enjoying the new closed shop. Ive seen posters online ive never heard of. some cracking names out there.

mycotchinrules and sausage-meat69 are to absolute doozys who may not have surfaced with out rosy putting up some trade barriers.

I reckon it should be permanent.